Universal Crafting Trainer Holostatue

Heezdedjim

This seems like the obvious next iteration in the pocket-trainer holostatute line. This one should be a universal crafting trainer that you can open to buy schematics for whatever crafting skill you have trained (if any).

I'd say it would make an awesome gift for the next pre-order reward, but since that will likely be a while, it would also be nice to just get it as a drop from whatever are the next round of CM packs.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

This is a great idea, and it's been passed along to the gurus of the Cartel Market. I know I'd personally love to see this!

Here's my question for you guys: What character would you want to see as the Universal Crew Skill Trainer?

This is a great idea, and it's been passed along to the gurus of the Cartel Market. I know I'd personally love to see this!

Here's my question for you guys: What character would you want to see as the Universal Crew Skill Trainer?

Maybe Camper from the KotOR series :) he was a master tinker and inventor.

I think it would be fun to have a character from outside the game.

Odan-Urr or Vodo-Siosk Baas could be cool characters, both of which were associated with crafting in some capacity.

If it's an in game character...maybe Gnost Durall. Not really a crafter, but he's master of lore and such. I'd get a Gnost Durall craft statue

Continuing the theme of iconic characters from the current game, the next in line might seem to be Grand Moff Kilran... but I don't know how much sense he'd make as a crafting trainer. :p

(Also, if I had a Kilran holostatue, it would have to talk. Because I could listen to Simon Templeman all day.)

(Also, if I had a Kilran holostatue, it would have to talk. Because I could listen to Simon Templeman all day.)

He'd be reading various Imperial laws and bureaucratic practices.

And why the Republic is wrong.

I'm doing my best to think of an appropriate character from SWTOR and all I'm coming up with repeatedly in my head is Bob the Builder. It is screaming so loud its blocking out all logic I'm gonna have to pass the naming duties to someone else...sorry, I feel I have let you all down! :(

So you had to pass it to those guys and not the other ones that Eric said existed?

But make it Atton. The rage would be strong with that one.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

I'd rather see it as an item for my ship! We need more stuff for our ships anyway, and this wouldn't be an item you'd need out in the field very often...

Actually, this is the one item that shouldn't be for our ships.

You level your crafting at the same time you level your character, so if you're questing on a planet that doesn't have crafting trainers or you are far away from them and your quick travel is on CD, that is exactly the moment you need it the most, not when you're on your ship (and you can just fly back to the fleet).

Edited by TheNahash

A few ideas that would be appropriate thematically for crafting:

Bao-Dur from KOTOR II

A Rakata

T3-M4 from KOTOR I & II

A few ideas for characters who are a big enough deal to stand alongside Revan, Satele and Malgus as holostatutes:

Grand Moff Kilran

Darth Marr

Kreia from KOTOR II

Ven Zallow from the Deceived trailer

Vandar Tokare from KOTOR I & II

Arca Jeth from the Tales of the Jedi comics

Jace Malcom

Guss Tuno hands down. The best companion ever that while out assure's you "Probably won't die" deserves his own Holo Statue!!!!

T3-M4, Bao-Dur (yes, I understand he's an obsidian character, suck it up :p)... I think a hovering holocron for each profession would be cool too! Or one that changes color/items based on who summoned it, sorta like Revan...

Edit: Another cool statue would be Darth Traya, in her iconic robes, with 3 sabers hovering around her.... Or darth sion... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Traya#Modal

Second picture under "Powers and Abilities"(idk how to link it :( lol)

Edited by Selenial

T3-M4, Bao-Dur (yes, I understand he's an obsidian character, suck it up :p)... I think a hovering holocron for each profession would be cool too! Or one that changes color/items based on who summoned it, sorta like Revan...

The Exile was Obsidian too and she shows up in this game. So KotOR II is fair game. ATTON FTW. (don't throw anything)

A small droid... maybe a battledroid. Something that does not take up a lot of space and get in the way if 10 people all pop one around a mail box.

In other words.. something.. anything... diminutive in size. And please.. resize the other ones too. :D