Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Today's the day nVidia informs us of the select few who will receive the give-away

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Today's the day nVidia informs us of the select few who will receive the give-away

xordevoreaux
12.13.2017 , 10:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Galahard View Post
Except, Nvidia doesn't care if you play swtor or not, and probably they paid money to EA for this promotion.
All they care about is the usage of their Geforce Experience software, that's what they are trying to push.
However, if many of those people who meet the requirements (have nvidia hardware and downloaded and have an account with nvidia) do NOT get a code, they will be angry and probably uninstall their sotfware, so the promotion actually backfires on Nvidia.
Since the cost of sending out to ALL who meet the requirements as opposed to just SOME is minimal, or I would even argue that it costs MORE to select people, rather than just send to everyone, it is a mystery why they want to anger some of their user base.
Angry no, annoyed, yes.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

TrixxieTriss
12.13.2017 , 10:23 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Galahard View Post
Except, Nvidia doesn't care if you play swtor or not, and probably they paid money to EA for this promotion.
All they care about is the usage of their Geforce Experience software, that's what they are trying to push.
However, if many of those people who meet the requirements (have nvidia hardware and downloaded and have an account with nvidia) do NOT get a code, they will be angry and probably uninstall their sotfware, so the promotion actually backfires on Nvidia.
Since the cost of sending out to ALL who meet the requirements as opposed to just SOME is minimal, or I would even argue that it costs MORE to select people, rather than just send to everyone, it is a mystery why they want to anger some of their user base.
I’ll be uninstalling mine regardless as soon as I know if I won or not. The software is intrusive and I like to run a sleek setup when I’m gaming.

Galahard
12.13.2017 , 10:29 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Angry no, annoyed, yes.
Don't limit me, I'll be both angry and annoyed! :P
And as someone who had their software on for a year now, I will uninstall it, just out of spite.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’ll be uninstalling mine regardless as soon as I know if I won or not. The software is intrusive and I like to run a sleek setup when I’m gaming.
That's another option, although it still doesn't explain why they are not handing out a code to everyone.
I'm guessing the contract is about a limited number of sets, which they don't tell how many, which could be against the law in some places, I guess, because you can't generate the same amount of excitement, if you raffle one car or 300 cars, anyway, BW only told it's 'a lot', but it can mean a lot of things, 'a lot' can be 2, if we are talking about slaps in the face (relevant example for some, who don't get a code), but can be very little in this case.
Your lack of intelligence is insulting (SCORPIO).

Tigorus
12.13.2017 , 10:41 AM | #14
I'm also curious to see who actually won this little "lottery". I have a multiple nvidia accounts for different computers and so far zip.

Elessara
12.13.2017 , 10:42 AM | #15
If they had, at the very least, announced at what time(s) they would be sending out the codes, that would have cleared up some of the confusion. As it is, this is just a mess.

I use GeForce Experience. I haven't found it particularly intrusive even when I have multiple games running at once. I really like their recording software. I don't do anything fancy with my recordings but their software is free and easy enough to use. But really, this "promotion" is just weird and entirely lacking in information.

Kaytrine
12.13.2017 , 10:46 AM | #16
The crazy thing is, they are giving codes out to users of Geforce Experience, wouldn't that include a majority of users that have never even played swtor?

Costello
12.13.2017 , 10:48 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Customer retention program planners around the world would disagree with you.
Are you going to quit over not getting it? Do you think any subscriber will quit over it?

You seem to have mistaken Customer retention with a publicity promotion. Customer retention is about offering value for money not about 3rd party promotions to get you to use their services.

xordevoreaux
12.13.2017 , 10:50 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Are you going to quit over not getting it? Do you think any subscriber will quit over it?

You seem to have mistaken Customer retention with a publicity promotion. Customer retention is about offering value for money not about 3rd party promotions to get you to use their services.
As previously stated farther up in the thread, I'll be annoyed, not angry. Annoyances don't rise to the level of motivating me to quit.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Tigorus
12.13.2017 , 10:50 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaytrine View Post
The crazy thing is, they are giving codes out to users of Geforce Experience, wouldn't that include a majority of users that have never even played swtor?
Huh...I was almost thinking we had better odds if we didn't have the game in the GeForce Experience app. if they are trying to reel in new players lol. I would agree that there are probably more people that have the app. and don't have SWTOR than those of us that have both the game and app. I'm thinking we're not the target for this promotion.

Galahard
12.13.2017 , 10:57 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tigorus View Post
Huh...I was almost thinking we had better odds if we didn't have the game in the GeForce Experience app. if they are trying to reel in new players lol. I would agree that there are probably more people that have the app. and don't have SWTOR than those of us that have both the game and app. I'm thinking we're not the target for this promotion.
Don't forget that there are two parties here, EA/Bioware and Nvidia, and there are costs and benefits on both sides.

EA/Bioware costs: create the sets in the game and make them distributable via their Claim a code system.
EA/Bioware benefits: those people who see the promotion and probably get a code in the Nvidia experience MIGHT join swtor.

Nvidia costs: to organize the promotion, and I think they pay EA for the creation of the ingame sets, because it's a limited amount. Why is it good for EA that the number of sets are limited? Are they going to direct sell them later, so the rarer they are, the more they can charge? Anyhow.
Nvidia benefits: those people who play swtor, but don't have the nvidia experience installed and newsletter notifications set on, they download, install and opt in for newsletters.
Your lack of intelligence is insulting (SCORPIO).