Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Today's the day nVidia informs us of the select few who will receive the give-away

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Today's the day nVidia informs us of the select few who will receive the give-away

xordevoreaux
12.13.2017 , 05:36 AM | #1
It's 6:36 am on the east coast of the United States so maybe it'll take a few hours...anyone get theirs yet?
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

JennyFlynn
12.13.2017 , 06:07 AM | #2
Nothing here so either I didn't win or it's too early in the day to tell.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

TonyTricicolo
12.13.2017 , 06:18 AM | #3
Drum roll please, and the winner is...

Nvidia!!
Thank you all for coming out. Have a safe drive home this holiday season.
Good Night!
STRYDER SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Pscyon
12.13.2017 , 06:23 AM | #4
Nothing here yet. Though judging by how these things usually go I bet there'll be like 10 giveaways and they all go to people in USA.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

Galahard
12.13.2017 , 08:54 AM | #5
If someone gets it, please post a screenshot, I found a Notifications button on the Geforce UI, but it's empty, now I'm confused, that it's either over and I didn't win, it's not over yet, just they haven't sent it?

Man, they managed to confuse those even that got the hardware and downloaded their software, why not just give to everyone who meet the requirements.

Should I just look at that notifications 'bell' all day?
Your lack of intelligence is insulting (SCORPIO).

Andryah
12.13.2017 , 09:16 AM | #6
Worst corporate co-promotion I have seen yet in the MMO gaming market.

Glad I did not hop on this hamster wheel.

On the plus side.... there is always a plus side to everything... the rewards will be rare in game so winners can feel much more "leet" if they win and brag it up all over the servers and the forum.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

xordevoreaux
12.13.2017 , 09:17 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Worst corporate co-promotion I have seen yet in the MMO gaming market.

Glad I did not hop on this hamster wheel.

On the plus side.... there is always a plus side to everything... the rewards will be rare in game so winners can feel much more "leet" if they win and brag it up all over the servers and the forum.
All 3 of them.

Costello
12.13.2017 , 10:08 AM | #8
They don't have to give anything away to make it a successful promotion they just have to get people talking about it.

Beside why give stuff to people already subscribed, best thing is to give away to people that aren't playing the game. If they wanted to give nice things to subscribers or players they could have done it for the life day or 6th Anniversary event.

So I doubt anyone here will receive a code.

xordevoreaux
12.13.2017 , 10:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
They don't have to give anything away to make it a successful promotion they just have to get people talking about it.

Beside why give stuff to people already subscribed, best thing is to give away to people that aren't playing the game. If they wanted to give nice things to subscribers or players they could have done it for the life day or 6th Anniversary event.

Customer retention program planners around the world would disagree with you.

Galahard
12.13.2017 , 10:16 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post

Except, Nvidia doesn't care if you play swtor or not, and probably they paid money to EA for this promotion.
All they care about is the usage of their Geforce Experience software, that's what they are trying to push.
However, if many of those people who meet the requirements (have nvidia hardware and downloaded and have an account with nvidia) do NOT get a code, they will be angry and probably uninstall their sotfware, so the promotion actually backfires on Nvidia.
Since the cost of sending out to ALL who meet the requirements as opposed to just SOME is minimal, or I would even argue that it costs MORE to select people, rather than just send to everyone, it is a mystery why they want to anger some of their user base.
Your lack of intelligence is insulting (SCORPIO).