Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How level-sync kills the game for me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How level-sync kills the game for me

JasonThDi
11.03.2015 , 11:35 AM | #21
I see nothing wrong with level sync. From my point of view, BioWare saw lvl 60's go into lower level flashpoints and begin one shotting everything that move. They believed this to be done wrong on their part. Therefore, they added the level sync (which I think is a brilliant idea) to better balance the game. You can't have level 60s go into a level 10 area and start one shotting npcs. I personally enjoy what huge changes they made to the game.
http://www.swtor.com/r/BydDVX My referral link. 7 Free days of sub and other goodies. I get some something, you get something but know you don't have to use my link.

Mordresh
11.03.2015 , 11:35 AM | #22
I like level sync and I seem to be making a lot more credits thanks to the heroics.
Seven free days of full access + extra goodies for new and returning players:
http://www.swtor.com/r/Kx5NWg

aristrokratie
11.03.2015 , 12:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by bossman View Post
How much is 2kk? If you learn which heroics are fast and easy you can easily make 2-300k in an hour-90mins or so. A lot of them can be done in 5 minutes or less solo.
2 million /h versus 3-500k per hour plus porting around and doing stuff I do not like

aristrokratie
11.03.2015 , 12:08 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
I'm assuming he's a botter. I could see how they'd be upset at not being able to area farm quickly vs doing heroics quickly - more key/mouse inputs.
Nope, I am the kind of guy who turns on the music, does some farming, buys augments and sorts his gear out and then does PvP for the rest of the expac.

Seriously though, why are you so aggressive? A discussion means that there are at least 2 different opinions, that does not mean I am your enemy

Djiini
11.03.2015 , 12:10 PM | #25
I am the most vocal, often-insulted, oft-called-a-troll 'story guy' and I like it.

Don't *********** speak for me.

Malastare
11.03.2015 , 12:18 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
Have to agree here, Level sync is usually a cool feature but it is also annoying, it makes your character feel weak, as you should have grown strong enough to easily defeat those old foes.
You are strong enough to defeat those old foes.

How do people keep making this argument? Have you tried? Have you actually gone to a lower planet and checked to see what the experience is like?

I have.

It's still stupid easy. Even just a Level 20 shadow running around on Tython is a slaughter. A Level 60 Merc on Nar Shaddaa was a stomp fest. At no point did I feel "weak".

TX_Angel
11.03.2015 , 12:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
You are strong enough to defeat those old foes.

How do people keep making this argument? Have you tried? Have you actually gone to a lower planet and checked to see what the experience is like?

I have.

It's still stupid easy. Even just a Level 20 shadow running around on Tython is a slaughter. A Level 60 Merc on Nar Shaddaa was a stomp fest. At no point did I feel "weak".
I have, and while it is stupid easy, it is also tedious and annoying...

It now takes just enough time, to be annoying... and games should not be annoying...

I did a full round of heroics when 4.0 dropped, and none since. They are all EASY, but they are not FUN...

There is zero challenge, just boredom...

nimmerstil
11.03.2015 , 12:22 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by aristrokratie View Post
2 million /h versus 3-500k per hour plus porting around and doing stuff I do not like
Oh, poor you.

TX_Angel
11.03.2015 , 12:23 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by aristrokratie View Post
Nope, I am the kind of guy who turns on the music, does some farming, buys augments and sorts his gear out and then does PvP for the rest of the expac.
The "farming" part is one reason WHY level sync is here... or it would be, if your companion couldn't solo it all anyway...

It is to combat the credit farmers for one... (you being the non-automated version of that) It is also to allow Bioware to put more "new" content on "old" planets, which wouldn't work well without it.

The reality is that for all the ************ about it, all the asking for "optional sync", it is a waste of time. It is here to stay, the future direction of the game clearly depends on it, and the balance and testing that would be required to have it be option would remove time from actual new content.

So frankly it isn't going to become optional...

Malastare
11.03.2015 , 12:26 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TX_Angel View Post
I did a full round of heroics when 4.0 dropped, and none since. They are all EASY, but they are not FUN...
So... you're complaining that there's too much game in your video game?

You just want to waltz through Heroics, doing nothing and getting rewards.

Thus, the level sync is bad because you actually have to play now... and you don't want to play... you just want rewards... for doing nothing...because doing something is making you do too much.

This sounds okay to you?