Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How level-sync kills the game for me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How level-sync kills the game for me

aristrokratie
11.03.2015 , 11:04 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
Speak for yourself, not this theoretical group of people you believe is supporting you.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=843192

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=850103

VanorDM
11.03.2015 , 11:07 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by aristrokratie View Post
Why can't it be optional?
Because that would defeat the whole point of the system. Unless they made it so you couldn't actually fight anything and get a reward for it unless you were level synced. But then there would be no reason to go to that planet in the first place.

Oh and your links... Are not really proof of anything, other than that some people don't like it. It's not proof of what %.

bossman
11.03.2015 , 11:07 AM | #13
How much is 2kk? If you learn which heroics are fast and easy you can easily make 2-300k in an hour-90mins or so. A lot of them can be done in 5 minutes or less solo.
Randflagg - 65 Mando, TheSizzler - 65 Sorc, Bossman - 60 Sent
Theunknowable - 65 Jugg, Vipo - 51 Vanguard, Bosstwogun 65 gunslinger

Mallagant
11.03.2015 , 11:10 AM | #14
Level sync is annoying, the ''story-guys'' do not like it, we PvPers do not like it and most PvEers as well dislike it (with a few eceptions of course)
Every poll started, (almost always by the anti level syncers trying to make a point and bolster their argument), on these forums, reddit, and a few others, show that the majority (on the concurrent forums), LIKE the level sync.
From reading General Chat in game, atleast on my server, the majority of the players LIKE the level sync.
I, personally, LIKE the level sync.

Unfortunately, the minority (or even, the majority), does not really have a choice in the matter.
It's not going to change in the foreseeable future.
There is not going to be a "switch" added in the forseeable future, as it will negate, what I am sure is, many many hours of work and resources, on their end.
This was a decision made by the devs and others, in the creation of their product, that is supported by the majority, that will NOT be changing in the foreseeable future.
I base these statements on no actual stat whatsoever. Just what I see, hear, and read.

Also, unfortunately for the OP, this argument has been brought up, multiple times, by the same handful of players, using different thread titles, that will later start yet another thread about how overpowered companions are, and now content is trivial. (/facepalm)

If being brought down to the max planetary level, with all of your skills that exceed the content you are facing, intact, and god-like companions at your side, is "killing" the game for you...

/wavehand "This is not the game you are looking for."
The Rahl Legacy - The Shadowlands
Mallagant Dar'ken Ray'kyen Ah'laric Archion En'treri Va'shir Kordoch Aydrion Alrick Sinfaye Sinifaye

Narratja
11.03.2015 , 11:15 AM | #15
Why can't it be optional? [...] so why can't I turn it off?
Exactly! If it is such a huge advantage for me, as some claim, I would turn it on anyway, so why not giving me that option?

Rrusalka
11.03.2015 , 11:15 AM | #16
Running through the full list of heroics from the Fleet console I probably made 3 or 4 million easy. Level synch is nothing if you know how to play your class and have some affection/influence with at least one companion.

Best bet if it seems to slow find a group. There are a ton of people farming these right now for the four types of KotFE turn ins. Most of my companions have two times the hp I do on low planets. You just need to figure what heroics you need dps, heals or a tank for and rotate roles or companions.

TTGolding
11.03.2015 , 11:21 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallagant View Post
If being brought down to the max planetary level, with all of your skills that exceed the content you are facing, intact, and god-like companions at your side, is "killing" the game for you...

/wavehand "This is not the game you are looking for."
From the very fast population decline on servers this quick after the release of an 'expansion' I think many are taking your advice. I know our guild had an average of 40 or so online each night prior to early access, 100+ during early access and about 3 days after launch of KotFE and now have fallen to about 15 online at peak now for the past almost a week. Im hoping that with reset tonight to see more return but Im not holding my breath.

In fact I have cancelled my sub and am playing out my last week or so on here. Sorta hoping this game dies out sooner than later so that we can get a new better SW mmo. For all those on here clamoring about getting story content, that was BW's 4th pillar when this was released and it was met with a resounding player depopulation. It didnt work then to get people to come to SWTOR, and this new 'expansion' isnt gonna help the game at all in th long run.

30% sub increase leading into KotFE will translate into a much larger sub loss. Having talked to 2 other guild leaders that managed large active guilds and discussed merging all 3 due to the unheard of player drop this soon after an 'expansion' Im sure we are all noticing it even if you BW fanboys pretend that there is nothing to see here. lol
Quote:
Level synch is just a way of rehashing 4 year old content that has been done to death, to artificially increase the grind that players have to do. The fact that challenge and easy are used to describe the same system still makes me laugh. "You'll still steamroll mobs, but it will take you slightly longer than it did before. That's challenge!"

hadoken
11.03.2015 , 11:24 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by bossman View Post
How much is 2kk? If you learn which heroics are fast and easy you can easily make 2-300k in an hour-90mins or so. A lot of them can be done in 5 minutes or less solo.
I'm assuming he's a botter. I could see how they'd be upset at not being able to area farm quickly vs doing heroics quickly - more key/mouse inputs.

VanorDM
11.03.2015 , 11:28 AM | #19
Edit, my bad, this isn't the thread I thought it was.

azudelphi
11.03.2015 , 11:31 AM | #20
You are saying that the ability to farm an area for 2 mil credits / hour is what is killing the game? This is the weakest complaint against the feature yet. Congrats.
Former Member of Squadron 367 - . = God
Here is the info: Referal Info - Here is the link: Referal Link