Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So then BioWare.....

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jerba
06.17.2015 , 08:19 AM | #21
Nice to see the devs not staying quiet.
It's not too much of a surprise we won't be getting a third playable faction, that would just be too big of a game changer.
But I'd also like some clarification on the Republic and Empire since there is one wallpaper called DualFaction. Will there be cross-faction chat, guilds and grouping etc. or will it remain as it is currently?
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Oyranos
06.17.2015 , 08:20 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
The movie? What movie? And how do you get "MMO character classes" from a movie (whatever movie you may referring to)?
shrek movies, or even better, lord of the rings.

As for the combined factions, I dont like that idea... a good rep is a dead one. Maybe they want to create a kind of star wars episode 1, palpatine was a republic in the surface and empire under the skin.
My referral link for returning or new players, for great rewards and a free character transfer.

Technohic
06.17.2015 , 08:23 AM | #23

znihilist
06.17.2015 , 08:23 AM | #24
Oh no, it is such a surprise...

Steelarion
06.17.2015 , 08:39 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyons_Crest View Post
New abilities won't be that great
Wow...too cool....being that you obviously must know what the new abilities will be..do enlighten us?

MorgenBlue
06.17.2015 , 08:47 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Myhkel View Post
Not sure we're going to get much clarification until closer to release.

My thoughts tho, are that the Empire and Republic are no longer at war. I base this on "your character becomes The Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War" from the announcement. Seems to me, the only way to really be a veteran is if the war is over.

If that is the case, then Imps and Pubs shouldn't really be fighting too much, similar to SoR story. Possible faction merger/truce maybe which WOULD allow for same faction queuing?

Who knows? I could be WAAAAAAAAAY off base....
I don't see the harm in clarifying if this is just a story or if it will have real gameplay benefits to.

merovejec
06.17.2015 , 08:52 AM | #27
I would welcome a faction merge, would help que pops on most servers.

EricMusco
06.17.2015 , 09:00 AM | #28 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgenBlue View Post
Can you clarify if the player factions will be merged? Will pubs and imps be able to play together in warzones, ops, chat, guilds ect..?
Good question! Factions will not be able to play together in group content, as it is now.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

waterboytkd
06.17.2015 , 09:02 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good question! Factions will not be able to play together in group content, as it is now.

-eric
Why not? This has been a feature that a lot of people (especially a lot of us PvPers) have been asking for for a while now. It would be a huge balancing factor for PvP, help PvE Group Finder queues pop more frequently and faster, and with the latest story content released, makes sense thematically, too.
The Harbinger - The Grimprophet Legacy
Pubs: An'dru // Azule'ana // Gae'bryal // Jesi'ka // Ae'zryal
Imps: Jon'nee // Rae'zyal // Ma'rya // Kad'ija

MorgenBlue
06.17.2015 , 09:04 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
Thank you for answering but this is VERY disappointing. What are you planning to do to address server population concerns then especially for ranked pvp?