Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game has no SOUL

Beranzen
12.22.2011 , 05:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Destrina655737
You must be on a low pop server. There are people bloody EVERYWHERE on Jung Ma.
very true!
The Darkstar Legacy Bergeon Colony
Arali'ulorn L51 Twilek Sorcerer
Melganar L53 Miraluka Sage
De'inara L56 Chiss Operative
Loziyah 60 Zabrak Merc
Kharras 57 Cathar Commando
Kurg'an 65 Sith Pureblood Juggernaut

CE OWNERVIP? Nah.
Referral thingy click it for the stuff you get when you click the referral thingy.
http://www.swtor.com/r/CscWfT

Regulator Squadron

TradewindNQ
12.22.2011 , 05:44 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by pjskull656029
Yes!!

If the game lacks Soul, it must be time for:

James Brown Celebrity Hot Tub Show!!!!
Now with Zombies!

Chomag
12.22.2011 , 05:46 PM | #23
I know all about souls. You wanna know an MMO with no soul ? Rift. That game has 0 immersion.
Hard mode: Play Republic
Nightmare mode: Play Republic on a pvp server
Are you man enough for the challenge ? Aunt Satele wants YOU.
Republic. No kids allowed.

Tfoca
12.22.2011 , 05:47 PM | #24
Do Sith lords have souls? I know Jedi Knights do

VoXPCS
12.22.2011 , 05:49 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Chomag656304
I know all about souls. You wanna know an MMO with no soul ? Rift. That game has 0 immersion.
I was gonna say. This EXACT post was made when Rift launched.

I can''t determine yet if it''s true to be honest. I''m enjoying myself, mainly because it''s NOT WoW or Rift, but that could wear off really soon.

I forsee myself having to buy a new keyboard in a week or two just replace my spacebar. That much I know.. Those poor voice actors and all that wasted time, for less than 10% of the population actually listening to the mumbo jumbo..

10%? It can''t be more than that can it? It''s totally a guess but then I have more hope in humanity and the abundance of common sense than should... hmph.

mjblowers
12.22.2011 , 05:51 PM | #26
I made a similar thread about this.

I believe the word you are looking for is:

Ambiance.

It is SEVERELY lacking in this game. I still think back on the feel of Galaxies and am sad that ToR doesn''t do that same thing.

Teldara
12.22.2011 , 05:55 PM | #27
Add some BF3 ambient sounds. Then, we''re talking.

Would be nice to have some sort of atmosphere in a city. Like background conversation to make the city feel alive. Right now its dull, quiet and thump thump thump.

Wouldn''t hurt to add some random NPCs scripted to walk around randomly and talk to someone or just...you know, walk around.

But very few MMOs do this.

Dekadez
12.22.2011 , 05:55 PM | #28
The worlds don''t feel alive, sadly. There are hardly any ambient noises, there''s no one bustling about, no one going about their business. They...just stand there doing nothing, not making a sound, not gesticulating, nothing.

The world feels so sterile, too scripted.

It''s saddening, and no it''s not about "I''ll cancel my account blabla".

Systam
12.22.2011 , 05:57 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by mjblowers656483
I made a similar thread about this.

I believe the word you are looking for is:

Ambiance.

It is SEVERELY lacking in this game. I still think back on the feel of Galaxies and am sad that ToR doesn''t do that same thing.
I agree. The background of the game is just DEAD. Like if im questing i wanna turn on Music because i hear nothing but the fighting but then i have to turn it back off because of Random quest giver 27 to see if he actually had anything to say but never does >.<

And people saying there''s lots of people. Prophect of the 5 republic has about a total of 70 people on nar shadda. These planets are huge yet they split us into 2 instances y? and Then i log on my Empire BH and there''s like 4 instances of 80-110 People in it and still don''t see that many people walking around while questing. Much more than my main Jedi knight but not enough imo

Sajikus
12.22.2011 , 05:58 PM | #30
I like the low ambience of the game. I love traversing through hostile territory with low sound and then hearing a massive explosion as some bounty hunter enters into a fight somewhere nearby.

Then when you enter into a big battle you get the classic symphonic Star Wars music.

I think it really helps set the mood of a space rpg. Sounds of technology, sounds of battle, and sounds of the locale are really all you need.
"Whatever the Republic's packing, I'll smash it. Standard rates apply."