Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will you buy future expansions or wait for them to become free?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will you buy future expansions or wait for them to become free?

Andryah
09.13.2013 , 07:52 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
do you somehow think yourself superior to the people you are talking about?
No, I do not. It's a discussion forum. Nobody is superior or inferior to anyone else.

Stop trying to turn other peoples expressions of opinion into a conflict.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Ricul
09.13.2013 , 07:53 PM | #22
This is getting ridiculous. If you cant afford 8 bucks for an xpac don't buy it. You behave like it was something expensive. You played that s*** for 7 months now. WoW is giving away Cata for free now and that was an expantion and not sucha little contentpatch.
. R.I.P. OPOD

The_Grand_Nagus
09.13.2013 , 07:54 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
No, I do not. It's a discussion forum. Nobody is superior or inferior to anyone else.
So you are including yourself in the statement that people say one thing and do another? If so, then that would invalidate your earlier claim that you are going to buy the next expansion when it comes out.
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

chuixupu
09.13.2013 , 07:56 PM | #24
Yes, I will buy it, even if they tell me that in 6 months it will be free and I can get cartel coins if I wait and buy it late. Really, why wouldn't I? I want to play the game, that's why I'm here.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Andryah
09.13.2013 , 07:57 PM | #25
So you are including yourself in the statement that people say one thing and do another? If so, then that would invalidate your earlier claim that you are going to buy the next expansion when it comes out.
I'm going to buy the next expac as soon as it becomes available.

I voted yes in your poll.

Your poll is meaningless because you have no way of auditing the poll with actual results, player by player, when the next expac pops. A good poll needs proper controls (correlation elements) to be able to determine it's accuracy. You have none. Learn to poll IMO.

Do with the information what you choose. Believe or don't believe. I don't care.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

CorwinStark
09.13.2013 , 07:58 PM | #26
wait for sure.

mmjarec
09.13.2013 , 07:58 PM | #27
In light of the recent events with the ROTHC expansion becoming free, some people have questioned how this will effect future expansions. Will this become Bioware's policy to eventually give expansions away for free after a certain amount of time, or is this some kind of "one off" event that has nothing to do with the future?

Obviously, no one can answer that question except Bioware themselves. But for the sake of discussion, lets hypothetically say that this is going to be standard practice going forward. An expansion is released and requires a purchase for a certain amount of time, and then later it is released as free for subscribers. If that were the case,

Will you buy future expansions or wait for them to become free? (click link to vote)

After you vote, please share your thoughts in a post
In all honesty it was such little content it should have been free like they originally stated it would be

The_Grand_Nagus
09.13.2013 , 07:58 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I'm going to buy the next expac as soon as it becomes available.
But you just got finished with saying how people say one thing but do another. If you are including yourself in that statement, then that invalidates any claims you make about buying the next expansion. If you are not including yourself in that statement, then what makes you think you are so different from the people who are talking about?
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

Andryah
09.13.2013 , 08:00 PM | #29
But you just got finished with saying how people say one thing but do another. If you are including yourself in that statement, then that invalidates any claims you make about buying the next expansion.
You just proved my point. You have no clue what I will actually do. Thank you.

chuixupu
09.13.2013 , 08:01 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I will likely buy them when I want them...I will not have whether or not it will be free in the future effect my choice.

If I did that in normal life I would never buy a phone.
I actually do tend to wait until phones become cheap or free with a contract. But I'm really cheap about phones. XD.

Why yes, I will take that phone with bonus minutes that my friend paid $200 extra for a couple of years ago.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant