Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will you buy future expansions or wait for them to become free?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will you buy future expansions or wait for them to become free?

Andryah
09.13.2013 , 06:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
In light of the recent events with the ROTHC expansion becoming free, some people have questioned how this will effect future expansions. Will this become Bioware's policy to eventually give expansions away for free after a certain amount of time, or is this some kind of "one off" event that has nothing to do with the future?

Obviously, no one can answer that question except Bioware themselves. But for the sake of discussion, lets hypothetically say that this is going to be standard practice going forward. An expansion is released and requires a purchase for a certain amount of time, and then later it is released as free for subscribers. If that were the case,

Will you buy future expansions or wait for them to become free? (click link to vote)

After you vote, please share your thoughts in a post
People will claim one thing (to make a point) then do something else entirely.

There is no accountability.. so they will claim they will not.. then run right over as soon as presale opens and buy it up.. then when it goes free later on.. complain.

If I am actively playing an MMO. I always buy the expansion as soon as it is for sale.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

The_Grand_Nagus
09.13.2013 , 06:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
People will claim one thing (to make a point) then do something else entirely.

There is no accountability.. so they will claim they will not.. then run right over as soon as presale opens and buy it up.. then when it goes free later on.. complain.
If you are going to say what other people will do and disregard their own "voice", then I will do the same for you. I say that next time an expansion comes out, you will NOT purchase it and will wait for it to become free, even if you say otherwise. Deal?
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

Andryah
09.13.2013 , 06:33 PM | #13
If you are going to say what other people will do and disregard their own "voice", then I will do the same for you. I say that next time an expansion comes out, you will NOT purchase it and will wait for it to become free, even if you say otherwise. Deal?
You are an adult.. you are free to do whatever you want.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

The_Grand_Nagus
09.13.2013 , 06:35 PM | #14
You are an adult.. you are free to do whatever you want.
Sure I can. But what I want to know is, since you apparently dont mind telling other people what they "really" think and disregarding what they actually say, are you equally fine with other people doing that to you? If not, then there seems to be a slight double standard to your reasoning

Bronagh
09.13.2013 , 06:35 PM | #15
If it has something that interests me i will buy it, maybe even preorder. I'm very happy with my hutt trainer, and have gotten many hours of entertainment out of the Makeb expansion.

CrazyMcGee
09.13.2013 , 06:35 PM | #16
I absolutely will.

If BW had said up front, this will be available to buy in March (or whenever it was) or free in September, I would still have bought it.

How many people wouldn't have? Honestly? Imagine all these months without 450 crafting, stuck at 50 doing EV and KP until you go mad??

I was kind of annoyed about this, but I'm over it. I would still have paid $10 or whatever it was for 6 months of early access.

LordArtemis
09.13.2013 , 06:37 PM | #17
I will likely buy them when I want them...I will not have whether or not it will be free in the future effect my choice.

If I did that in normal life I would never buy a phone.

remystone
09.13.2013 , 07:40 PM | #18
I'll definetly buy it if it has another level cap. Otherwise, I will only buy it if it has content I want to play. I don't do raids, and only PVP when I'm bored. If it's a little light on story content, I'm happy to wait until it is given away.

Andryah
09.13.2013 , 07:46 PM | #19
Sure I can. But what I want to know is, since you apparently dont mind telling other people what they "really" think and disregarding what they actually say, are you equally fine with other people doing that to you? If not, then there seems to be a slight double standard to your reasoning
I have no problems with it at all.

And to correct you... since you misrepresented what I said... I simply stated that people will say one thing and do another. It's human nature. It's not evil.. it's just something people do. They will use your poll to make a statement, and then proceed to do as they please when an expac pops. Why? because they can, and there is no accountability or consequence if they do.. so they will do as they please.

Please peddle your accusations elsewhere.

The_Grand_Nagus
09.13.2013 , 07:50 PM | #20
And to correct you... since you misrepresented what I said... I simply stated that people will say one thing and do another.
Are you including yourself in that statement? If so, then anything you say becomes meaningless. If not, do you somehow think yourself superior to the people you are talking about?