Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR [Reviews]

Knewt
02.17.2012 , 09:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by sheisty View Post
Bullcrap, some dev laughed at the number and put the estimate closer to 150mil.
What, you expect a current dev to tell you anything other than the company line?
Ray Muzyka: "When you deliver a game, and you deliver it for a player, you have to capture what they think is the possibility space."

Ray, you failed to deliver my possibility space.

sheisty
02.17.2012 , 09:58 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Knewt View Post
What, you expect a current dev to tell you anything other than the company line?
What? you expect a news reporter to know? I think ill trust a dev.

Zyanzor
02.17.2012 , 10:01 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Knewt View Post
There is an article from a California newspaper. You can Google it. The estimates are between $200 and $300 million. Some rumors have even suggested numbers closer to $500 million.
Estimates... Guesstimates...they are both the same...is there a "official" source from Bioware or EA?

Anyway, I really enjoyed some of the reviews. Very well written and honest. I like it when editors add their pros and cons. It gives the reader a better outlook on the game.
Nothing to see here....move along...

Knewt
02.17.2012 , 10:01 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by sheisty View Post
What? you expect a news reporter to know? I think ill trust a dev.
I'll trust the devs as much as I trust EA.

I trust the news reporter to have unnamed sources that will tell them the truth instead of the company line. It's a pretty common practice and good reporters usually have multiple sources verifying information.
Ray Muzyka: "When you deliver a game, and you deliver it for a player, you have to capture what they think is the possibility space."

Frostvein
02.17.2012 , 10:02 AM | #15
The only rating that matters is the one you give it.

6/10. Having a combat log and UI customization would have made it a 7 easy.
Meanwhile, in Tera general chat -

"The sad thing is, arguing with fanbois on the forums was more entertaining than their 300 million dollar single player MMO from 2008"

Knewt
02.17.2012 , 10:02 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Zyanzor View Post
Estimates... Guesstimates...they are both the same...is there a "official" source from Bioware or EA?

Anyway, I really enjoyed some of the reviews. Very well written and honest. I like it when editors add their pros and cons. It gives the reader a better outlook on the game.
EA/Bioware won't tell anyone how much they spent. That would make investors nervous.

Mercia
02.17.2012 , 10:03 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Poisonsenvy View Post
For 300M it shouldn't of been a problem. Fyi all the A+ reviews in the world won't change the fact that this game is extremely lacking for a MMO released in 2012 and its just out right sucks if your not doing story line. So basically they just spent 300M on KTOR3 online a single player MMO at least call it what it is. This game is super MMO lite.
Name an mmo feature it lacks that wow has

And dont say LFG tool because thats a load of bollox infact it makes it more of an mmo not having one since you have to build relationships with PEOPLE

Frostvein
02.17.2012 , 10:04 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercia View Post
You don't want to get into this argument.
Meanwhile, in Tera general chat -

"The sad thing is, arguing with fanbois on the forums was more entertaining than their 300 million dollar single player MMO from 2008"

Mercia
02.17.2012 , 10:05 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Frostvein View Post
You don't want to get into this argument.
Actually i do becouse it has everything and i mean EVERYTHING any other MMO has

so bring it

ckoneful
02.17.2012 , 10:05 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercia View Post

And dont say LFG tool because thats a load of bollox infact it makes it more of an mmo not having one since you have to build relationships with PEOPLE
I have to be... social in an online game?! WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY?!