Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Orange gear = motivation killer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Orange gear = motivation killer

Karai
01.03.2012 , 03:46 PM | #21
My Sith Inquisitor looks awesome.. and he is gonna keep looking awesome, becouse i won't have to put a purple carrot-hat on just becouse it has better digits.

Thorbrand
01.03.2012 , 03:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by mcburly View Post
I love the orange gear, my only issue is apparently its not possible for orange gear to be on par with top end raid and pvp gear. I really dont wanna look the same as everyone else.
This right here is the reason to just farm you purples and blues while you level up and not waste time with orange gear anyway. At the end we will all look the same.

Galtin
01.03.2012 , 03:46 PM | #23
I don't get the OPs complaint. The only thing orange loot does is give you the flexibility of continuing to wear a piece of armor whose graphics you prefer. You still have the carrot of acquiring upgrades to improve your stats via questing, raiding, PVP or whatever toots your horn.

Cameirus
01.03.2012 , 03:48 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by gezeus View Post
I completely agree, looting mods isn't nearly as fun.
I like it. It means I can keep the look I want for my character and still have decent gear.,

Its one of the few things I think BW got right in SWTOR>

Ruuprect
01.03.2012 , 03:49 PM | #25
You can use the quest drops to gear up your companions. Thats what I do, I use it to gear up the companions I use less often, the ones I use the most have all orange gear.

BeeblesTV
01.03.2012 , 03:50 PM | #26
Moddable gear becomes useless once you begin Eternity Vault, set bonuses are better, and stats are far better.

Alkiii
01.03.2012 , 03:52 PM | #27
This system allows me to fully customize my character to how I want him to look. I can keep that look until lvl 50 and upgrade accordingly.

I do hope that Bioware doesn't kill this system with lvl 50 "enhancers, mods, etc. etc." being unable to pull these items out to upgrade my orange gear.

Please Bioware, don't take this from us. It really is a cool aspect of the game. I like being different.
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”

navotjr
01.03.2012 , 03:52 PM | #28
Orange Gear mechanic is to allow people to keep a look they enjoy. That is all, it states nothing about pursuing different gear set or look. The problem is in your head, your gear is obsolete green , purple , blue whatever if you do not upgrade it. Loot a new piece and wear it if you wish. '

The orange allows you to mod up gear of a look you like. Dont use it, and pursue the other approach In the end the result is the same.

Tenetke
01.03.2012 , 03:53 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhinoplat View Post
I love my Orange gear, and I am sad I will have to shelve it for a little while, while I get my BattleMaster/Rakata gear. Then when more of the high level armoring/mods/enhancement schematics start dropping I'll slowly be putting my orange gear back on.

My orange gear gives me the look I want right now, because I have found the look I want, minus a chest piece. Orange gear can also be crafted with an augment slot (if critically made) so there is no downside from using Orange gear, it will just be harder to complete an Orange set.
I don't recall Han ever going "hang on Luke I've gottan change my vest to this new one" and that's one major thing I love about this game. I can keep my guns, and upgrade them. The same as my armor. I finally found a full set of oranges that A)fit together, and B) look great. To me looks are very important, now I can have that and keep upgrading the gear. It's fantastic.

My smuggler has several suits that I like to wear. One I call the "tactical" outfit, one "gunslinger', one the "I'm Han Solo #$^%" etc.
Try hard is now an insult? At what point did our society degrade so much that trying hard is an insult? What's next? People who perpetuate this idea of "trying hard is a bad thing" are only hurting our society as a whole. They should be removed from it, forcefully if required. You don't randomly allow a cancer to grow, you excise it.

Alkiii
01.03.2012 , 03:54 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Thorbrand View Post
This right here is the reason to just farm you purples and blues while you level up and not waste time with orange gear anyway. At the end we will all look the same.
If we yell loud enough, maybe Bioware will hear us and continue the system into endgame. If they make us all look the same, it's going to take some of the shine out of the game for me. In a big way.

I like being different. I like the individual looks. I really like the creativity people have when forming gear sets, etc.

Please Bioware! Please! Hear us!
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”