Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Moment of truth: Did Bioware do a succesful job at making a Star Wars MMORPG?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Moment of truth: Did Bioware do a succesful job at making a Star Wars MMORPG?

TitanJJ
12.31.2011 , 10:54 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jedicrusade View Post
its not a MMO... but it is a RPG. The feels dead to me I never see anyone ouside the newbie zones... Taris, Tatooine, alderaan all empty. I never see other player characters anymore.
on my server, all 3 of these planets have at least 2 instances until about 1 AM.
THAT'S NO MOON

Buur
12.31.2011 , 10:54 AM | #22
They made a pretty good online co-op Star Wars game. But as an MMO they have a lot of fixing to do.

Kaphik
12.31.2011 , 10:56 AM | #23
Yes they did.

Dantana
12.31.2011 , 10:57 AM | #24
Absolutely...as long as they don't try to revamp game to WOW configuration. A lot of people crying about not having this or that because it was like that in other mm0's, which is ridiculous. If I want a game to look like another game, I'd go play that game. Only one thing missing in this game and that /assist and /follow. This is my game for the long term, don't listen to the whiners, BW.
Dantana

gtvapsamtik
12.31.2011 , 10:58 AM | #25
They could have done a better job. honestly i feel this game becomming another AGE OF CONAN OR STAR TrEK ONLINE. (free to play)
"Whats up baby"

Buur
12.31.2011 , 10:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Dantana View Post
Absolutely...as long as they don't try to revamp game to WOW configuration. A lot of people crying about not having this or that because it was like that in other mm0's, which is ridiculous. If I want a game to look like another game, I'd go play that game. Only one thing missing in this game and that /assist and /follow. This is my game for the long term, don't listen to the whiners, BW.
So the only things you wanted added to the game are /assist and /follow. You don't want an AH that works, or chat that isn't broken, any of the other myriad of problems fixed?

gtvapsamtik
12.31.2011 , 11:02 AM | #27
to be this is not a MMO this is a SPO. And it should have been free to play since it doesnt even feel like one.
"Whats up baby"

Enako
12.31.2011 , 11:09 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Old_Empire View Post
What are your individual opinions?[/CENTER]
my individual opinion is, they hit the jackpot.

they hit the jackpot SO well that, im playing through SIX different toons all at the same time, without getting bored. i am even playing according to which i feel like playing.

the only thing i want, is more of this. i want more of this every 1 or 1.5 years. let the story content keep coming. and let it be written well.

Zirithil
12.31.2011 , 11:09 AM | #29
In my opinion: No. The only part that shine is how engaging the quests are compared to the other mmorpgs which is "right-click+accept" --> NEEEXT!

But that is it. While the quests shine, the rest of the game is a bland and uninspired mess. Bioware + Star Wars had such potential and they chose to produce World of Warcraft in space, with a proper story and quest. It's almost mindblowing how little they've tried to venture off the WoW-path. It's truly a shame. I want to repeat what I said; BIOWARE + STAR WARS turned into a "WoWinSpace". They had the chance to create something epic, something grand but it's all so similar, from the vendors, the AH, the combat, and just every every everything. We had bounty hunters, guns, rifles, snipers and all it's worth is a "Shoot rifle" ability for example, how intriguing.

Even though I would've wanted a sandbox mmorpg, this is not necessarily what is it about, they could've at least attempted to create a themepark that was slightly different. Instead we have WARRIORS using RAGE MECHANIC and ROGUE-LIKE classes using very similar ENERGY mechanics. We have friggin' talent trees that look and act the same way as WoW.

It's infuriating.

Enako
12.31.2011 , 11:11 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by gtvapsamtik View Post
They could have done a better job. honestly i feel this game becomming another AGE OF CONAN OR STAR TrEK ONLINE. (free to play)
'feelings'. yes.

i see that you were not there on aoc launch/early access.

feelings. yes. feelings make facts. what else do you feel ? can you tell my fortune ?

and isnt wow ALREADY free to play until level 20 ?