Is it really this bad for Community, Devs, Communication......Nothing??

MandFlurry

In all, all of their responses and post can be put into one of two buckets.

1 - PR Damage Control.

2 - Pitiful Attempt At Pacification.

The sad reality is that the "Informational" bucket is reserved for the data miners.

haha i actually laughed when i read this, BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some comments that were posted in 2012 regarding some issues Bioware had back then.

I leave it to community to decide the rest :)

famoustrip

1/12/12 3:25pm

They have the *******st community relations / PR team, that's for sure.

One of the reasons I'm skeptical of how long SWTOR can last. The way the company handles the community is a huge factor in the longevity of games.

DocSeuss

1/12/12 3:35pm

Yeah, the way they handle their community is very odd, particularly considering that they seem to listen to a lot of the community's demands. They're a company that's drunk their own kool-aid. They believe their own hype.

Edited by Divona

As much as I love rock n roll, progressive, art rock, pop/progressive, ac/dc was "ok" to listen to. back in black was their only good album. Never really got into them, all their stuff sounded the same after 3 or 4 songs lol. They really never got to me like The Who, Rolling Stones, Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, did and all. My favorite group of ALL time is Genesis. I listen to them every day. I never get sick of their songs. Ever. I prefer Phil being the lead man, Peter Gabriel is great to. They are fantastic together.

There were just too many good groups. I was a big fan of Journey, Boston, Eagles and older groups like the Doors, Steppenwolf, and Santana to name a few. Phil Collins was a great singer and Mike and the Mechanics had some good music. There is some good music today just nothing compared to then. Adele has some really good music but not overwhelmed by most musicians today.

There was plenty of **** music "back then" too, it's just that the **** stuff fades away cause no one plays it, and all you are left with is the Cream (pun intended). The same thing will happen with the music of today - in 10/20/30 years time, kids of today will be reminiscing exactly the same as you are, because they'll have forgotten all the crap. It's like a circle.........a Circle of Life.

(Hands up if you sang that line in your head) :D

That, yes.

Lip service is cheap and tawdry, and frankly, SWTOR has enough players in this so-called "community" who are sick and tired of lip service and don't believe anything we read anymore.

Seriously, Mr. Musco, you have an open invitation to put Bioware's money where its mouth is and engage with your community. You know, like community managers do. I'm still waiting to hear about why I should stay subscribed past early February when my sub runs out (and don't give me HK-51 nonsense, you guys know as well as we do that companions are skins with no personality... I already have 20-25 on my main characters each.)

Ball still in your court, guys. I want to continue to play your game for years to come, but it's up to you to convince me... and everyone else like me that's feeling let down.

If i'm right?? I believe Zoeller was among the first wave of Devs/ Community Reps that used to talk a Lot more with the community about both sides of the coin on pretty much any topic there was at the time.

I think Zoeller and them was only around for the first year at most, then EA outed 98% of the original development teams and Representatives, which i thought was the worst thing EA could do, as EA hired only Yes-sirs that would do as EA told them to do.

Also within' the first year the 2 Founders of the Original Bioware that i loved left the company for good, as they said they wanted to do more missionary type work.

But as I and others have said, this isn't the original Bioware either where way back before EA took over there was a lot more communication between the Workers of Bioware and it's Customers, as was also the case before SWTOR was even announced to.

BW have certainly gone above and beyond when it comes to alienating their customer base. They seem to have fired anyone who gave a damn and replaced them with gerbils. They dismantled the customer service until it became the "where requests go to die" department. Major bugs go without comment or fix for weeks on end. Anything that makes up an MMO was not given an update, instead they put all their hopes into the "story only" crowd. And... when they should be communicating with us... instead we get ... *crickets*. It's.... frustrating and disappointing. Especially given how good their communication was at the start. So much twitter and forum... it felt like a community. Now its just a wall with them on one side and us, their customers on the other. If the players didn't answer each other's questions there'd be no support at all.

My English isn't so good as it used to be, but for about a month i haven't been here.

I thought nothing was wrong with the game as some rumors have been said.

I still hope the it's just a bunch of whiners??

Then I decide to visit for once in a long long time and i see absolutely No Communication on this page, nor thread from Bioware but the old old 1 from when this games new Forums were just put up at Launch i beileve from Allison who hasn't worked here in awhile i believe.

I cannot believe this, is this true/ real that Bioware has Left the game for a vacation that no MMO Company should be so quiet in times like it seems now??

I must be wrong, i've been around since before Beta only have taken months off once for ESO then came back here. This is Not the Bioware that i used to know back in the day in Beta and launch.

I didn't like all the changes that EA did with EA firing most of our beloved Original Dev teams that worked so hard for this game in sweat and blood and tears. I must also admit i do not like these Main higher-up Devs as i did the others to. I was 100% against the lvl-sync and all of KOTFE just before it hit. Those that know me here know that i raised hell over all the changed that KOTFE was about to bring.

Then when i used 1 of my many character to try KOTFE i actually became a Big defender and lover of it and thi loved the story as well.

But I cannot believe that Bioware has taken down All but 1 thread that seems meaningless to the fabric of this Game as whole.

Plz tell me that people are just whining and complaining. I realize very well there is no new End-Content and unfortunately Pvp'ers are right about the terrible Pvp problems. Has Bioware really dared to leave the building when they are most needed???

Sadly the game is dying fast, even with NEW content coming.. the same Bloody Classes are OLD as the Hills, the DEV team must have died out or they just don't care enough. Since all the Cartel Packs are crap now, and all they do is Recolor Armor or Mounts to make you buy them. It's a wonder why SWTOR hasn't shutdown.. 3 months and nothing is happening, I know it takes time to make new content, but seriously where the hell is all the fun?

1. Add New Classes

2. At least add more PVP Games.. Old Ones are Dead Boring..

3. The Lastest Cartel Items are so useless, whoever designed the new costumes needs a fashion adjustment.

• - Who wants to wear stuff thats huge and ugly?
  • Half the Colors don't even unify correctly.
  • Weapons looks like ( Please Salvage this item ASAP! ) Crap.
  • Dye Colors - OMG - Who keeps coming up with these stupid color blends?
  • Cartel Packs 2 per pack dropped from the normal 4-5 per pack items......... something tells me total scam..
  • At least keep all the packs on list so ppl can collect the rep or items ( that COST over 10million to 100million ) they need instead of having to buy in-game money from Gold Spammers that Steal your accounts in the end.

Sorry I have vented out my issues with this game, but I do feel a lot better now.. /thanks and /hugs

There was plenty of **** music "back then" too, it's just that the **** stuff fades away cause no one plays it, and all you are left with is the Cream (pun intended). The same thing will happen with the music of today - in 10/20/30 years time, kids of today will be reminiscing exactly the same as you are, because they'll have forgotten all the crap. It's like a circle.........a Circle of Life.

(Hands up if you sang that line in your head) :D

Sorry to busy singing this in my head.

Sadly the game is dying fast, even with NEW content coming.. the same Bloody Classes are OLD as the Hills, the DEV team must have died out or they just don't care enough. Since all the Cartel Packs are crap now, and all they do is Recolor Armor or Mounts to make you buy them. It's a wonder why SWTOR hasn't shutdown.. 3 months and nothing is happening, I know it takes time to make new content, but seriously where the hell is all the fun?

1. Add New Classes

2. At least add more PVP Games.. Old Ones are Dead Boring..

3. The Lastest Cartel Items are so useless, whoever designed the new costumes needs a fashion adjustment.

• - Who wants to wear stuff thats huge and ugly?
  • Half the Colors don't even unify correctly.
  • Weapons looks like ( Please Salvage this item ASAP! ) Crap.
  • Dye Colors - OMG - Who keeps coming up with these stupid color blends?
  • Cartel Packs 2 per pack dropped from the normal 4-5 per pack items......... something tells me total scam..
  • At least keep all the packs on list so ppl can collect the rep or items ( that COST over 10million to 100million ) they need instead of having to buy in-game money from Gold Spammers that Steal your accounts in the end.

Sorry I have vented out my issues with this game, but I do feel a lot better now.. /thanks and /hugs

When will any of you gonna get it. There will not be more classes this things take time and resources to make time and resources that Bioware is using to create more games. Do not tell me that each game has its own dev team because I checked they pull people from other games to help for newer games.

Because Mass Effect 4 is gonna appear this years most of the focus in on that game this one will get very very few things. Be greatful that you get a KOTFE chapter a good chunk of the months this year.

Do not ask big things out of this game ask little things very very very very little things. Preferably that require mostly artists and less animators or coders.

Well he did not say stay in line or we will not talk to you he implied that we should be more nice or the dev team will not talk to us. By the way what was the issue with marra and santinel?

Still are there people who really have nothing to do but to harass someone on his every social account?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8183242

I definitely don't accept the actions of few individuals in this case, but WE, as a community, can't be held as responsible for actions of few, sick individuals. It is just the same if you would live next to a mass-murderer and be held responsible of his crimes.

And please let me reiterate the following again, because it's germane to the situation you noted above where a CM was personally attacked:

We are not all looking for direct interaction with the CMs and developers of SWTOR: we do not CMs to post, from their own accounts on this forum.. the CMs are perfectly capable of posting blog entries on the swtor.com Community Blog that answer our questions and reassure us that this game is being properly managed and developed.

This is something everyone whose response has been "why do you want to talk to them directly?" needs to get through their heads.

We don't need a direct dialogue. We need questions answered. We need reassurance that content is being developed, bugs are being fixed, feedback is being heard.

The problem is the sound of silence.

Edited by damonskye

Still waiting for the posts about patch schedule - most importantly for me is the GTN issue where many items aren't showing up when you search for them. This is for both materials and CM items.

It's also very random in nature it seems, some items wouldn't show one day then show the next ( yes I was searching for items I listed myself so I know they were on the market ).

All in all it's making this part of the game very frustrating and being that it's the primary way of converting CC into credits ( short of advertising on fleet etc. but who can be bothered doing that all day ) you're starting to hurt one of the main money earners of the game for you ( CC buyers ).