Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boulder, CO Cantina Tour files - Orobird mounts!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Boulder, CO Cantina Tour files - Orobird mounts!

Toweleeeie
03.24.2014 , 11:37 PM | #161
How hard can it be to make Jedi/Sith robes with FULL sleeves?
I like turtles

Hoshkar
03.24.2014 , 11:57 PM | #162
OOOO I like the Bantha one, I guess it is nice they are adding a Chocobird you can ride to this game...err..I mean YAY Orobird!

CaliJoe
03.25.2014 , 12:07 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
In short: No. It's not hard, its impossible.

As much as Hollywood might have convinced you, you generally can't Copy & Paste functionality like that from one game to another. In this case, you absolutely can't because they are running on two different engines, using resources in two different formats, for two different styles of games. The most obvious problem: Pazaak would need to be displayed on multiple clients, but the "game" (rules and so forth) would need to be run on the server. KoTOR didn't have a client-server structure.

The code for just the game rules are easy. So easy that it could be completed by a single person in a week. And that is about as far as most armchair developers think. They don't consider the fact that you need to create a UI for it. And then integrate that UI into the game UI. Then create new icons, new graphic tiles, new sounds. Then you have to make sure those new resources get put into the resource archives correctly. Then you need to create the card items, put them into the database with rarities and whatever else is needed. Then you need to work on rewards and experience tables. Then you need to integrate the cards into item drop tables for potentially a couple hundred different locations and mob types. And then there is the multiplayer aspect and ensuring that the back-and-forth gets handled correctly and lockouts are done correctly. And then you need code to handle high latency and/or disconnects.

Then you can start testing.
Thank you for explaining this. I sometimes can't get all the specifics out of my head as fluently as this. Well done.
Wild speculation on forums? When does that happen? The Harbinger - Fumanshu Legacy
Repub: Jafaean(Arms), Zelgen(Artifice), Espellah(Cyber), Jabender(Synthweave)
Imp: Vindrock(Armor), Antshell(BioChem), Li'Larish, Kenevil

LtGeneralGezlin
03.25.2014 , 12:24 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Toweleeeie View Post
How hard can it be to make Jedi/Sith robes with FULL sleeves?
Well, when I was talking to Cory, I mentioned Jedi robes, and he said that there was a robe coming, It's long sleeved. and is a solid black. That was about all he said, nothing about WHEN it is coming.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

Edzew
03.25.2014 , 05:13 AM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Obvious View Post
It's not about being lazy, it was them not thinking things out far enough.
They started working on the cutscenes long before they locked down the playable races. At the time they knew humans would for sure be playable so they basically built everything around them early on which eventually came back to bite them in the ***.
You're not getting it, it's not just about the romances. That's just ONE part of the equation.
A playable race needs to be the same height as the existing body types due to the way cutscenes are scripted, mounts are designed, animations play out, etc, etc.
Getting rid of the romances or not doing them doesn't solve the problem. In terms of problems it's at the bottom of the totem pole.
but what about the ones that are the same size as humans?? you do know there are many sizes out there right?? there is no reason for it other than that they ARE lazy and/or they ARE racist.

Darth-Obvious
03.25.2014 , 03:41 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by Edzew View Post
but what about the ones that are the same size as humans?? you do know there are many sizes out there right?? there is no reason for it other than that they ARE lazy and/or they ARE racist.
Like what races for instance?

And note when I say same size, I'm not talking about verticality, I'm talking about the specific body types. Everything in the game is based around their size and/or skeletons (cutscenes, animations, rigging, mounts, etc)

So what races are you talking about that fit that criteria?

It actually doesn't matter I guess because you're asking for non humanoid races when the entire game is built around humanoid body types.

So, it has nothing to do with being lazy, but rather they're now locked into bad decisions they made years ago that there's no getting around now.

plotenox
03.25.2014 , 03:45 PM | #167
OK dulfy I saw that link and all the pics and lists of things that were mentioned,but now I got to ask this. What does this Wall of crazy(WoC) mean? is it crazy enough to be added to the game or too crazy to be added?
Digital Deluxe Edition
Sith Inquisitor:Riper Server:The Razor Trooper:Plaxon Server:The Harbinger

Drudenfusz
03.25.2014 , 04:14 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by plotenox View Post
OK dulfy I saw that link and all the pics and lists of things that were mentioned,but now I got to ask this. What does this Wall of crazy(WoC) mean? is it crazy enough to be added to the game or too crazy to be added?
Was already explained in this thread... it is where ideas are put that the develpers like but don't have the resources or time to actually do much to implement them.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

ghoul_drool
03.26.2014 , 09:59 AM | #169
But then, they were so secretive about Legacy banks, housing and guild ships (all of which are coming) that you might even read the 'Wall of Crazy' as The Wall of 'stuff that's in the works but we can't say when it'll be finished, and seeing as how it may be postponed or even delayed indefinitely, we'd rather not even tell you and get your hopes up because that would backfire even worse than never adding it at all."