Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR [Reviews]

Icebaron
02.29.2012 , 10:57 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by JerokTalram View Post
Does Wow have faction change? Can a human Palatin become Horde?
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebaron View Post
yes and yes
You can take your male human paladin and for a fee make him a female blood elf paladin.
Quote: Originally Posted by zrinking View Post
Lamest excuse I ever heard.
Am I in the english forums here? What is with all the nonsensical replies? What excuse are you talking about here?
You claiming race and class change is the same as cross faction changing is pathetic excuse making for WOW ..... and you could not do that in Wow for years.
speak english please. I recognize the words you are using and all, but the order you put them in is pure gibberish to me.
So basically you got no excuse for your bull.
Figures.
Does anybody know what this guy is going on about?

Kourage
02.29.2012 , 11:19 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by BCBull View Post
sure would like to see the new reviews..
Every major & credible gaming site has already reviewed it. The only "new" reviews will be from amateur haters. That's what you want to read is reviews from nobodys? Just read this forum then.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Zyanzor
03.02.2012 , 07:33 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Kourage View Post
Every major & credible gaming site has already reviewed it. The only "new" reviews will be from amateur haters. That's what you want to read is reviews from nobodys? Just read this forum then.
lol zing!

No but seriously. According to these forums everyone has been paid off to give good reviews
Nothing to see here....move along...

DarthChosen
03.12.2012 , 07:14 AM | #164
First off I'm not a fanboy if that term is even applicable here but I do love the Star Wars Universe and Bioware developed games. After reading multiple responses that seemed more in the realm of "Why isn't this just like WoW" I decided to post what I feel is a middle ground user review in the forums.

I will start off addressing the LFG tool, combat log, and target to target.

There is a target of target feature go to key binds and targeting BOOM its like a third of the way down the page. LFG for many WoW players killed WoW (its an opinion of many not my personal one check the wow forums) It pretty much ended the "being out in the world" feature many of us loved. You have to first know an MMO is generally a grind. For beta- WOTLK pre LFG players there was a love for flying or riding out to a dungeon and using the summoning stone to bring players to the dungeon and run it. LFG brought a more trial and error strategy versus real strategy to the game. BW no doubt did research and deemed it important to not implement this function at this time to allow players to develop a social relationship in game. Being that the game is more personal with your decisions being involved its safe to say this assumption makes sense. Combat log has been around since I can remember playing MMOs but is it vital better yet essential to your gameplay? Or essential the majority of players gameplay?

Good about SWTOR: Its different and regardless of bugs and glitches its pretty fun to play if you like MMOs. The space battles (although lacking will be addressed in the bad) are a great way to break the leveling grind cycle. PVP is LFG from and zone and for good reason because it is server only. Making you fly to fleet just to queue for a match would be unreasonable. While many of the flashpoints and operations are accessible from fleet making it better than when wow started off for traveling means. Before a group tackles an operation or flashpoint they have an easier time locating one another for inspection and readiness to take on these challenges. Heroic Areas embedded in questing areas is also a unique feature allowing even the hardcore quest leveler a chance to break from pace and get an opportunity and slightly better gear than quest level. (Commendations accounted for). It's Star Wars and contains a damn good storyline for every class that I have played so far. Unlike the previous MMO i played I actually pay attention to the quest and enjoy it. This brings up great discussion points in my guild while pvping.

Bad: FPS issues: mostly BWs engine of choice the Hero engine is terrible for the level of graphics in this game no one should NEED a high end graphics card to play. Bugs Bugs Bugs I played beta Rift, Aion, GW, and Age of Conan along with WoW. So I can honestly say the bugs in this game are terrible for being out the amount of time it has. Before releasing new content these issues should be fixed even if it requires servers being down longer. Definitely a PTR to test all new content coming out and to test for bugs or exploits BW is being way to mmm whats the best word close to the chest with this game. Open it up to the players let them do the work for you. Listening to every gripe and complaint about this game from players who threaten to end their subscription. Im sorry for those out there that have a general complaint but those can often get clouded by the whiner babies complaining about the non essential parts of this game.

Overall: Its a great game that even with bugs is maintaining most servers and standard capacity and heavy during peak gaming hours. It is fun to do the storyline and while pvp may chap my @#$ it involves a grind for better gear. Would I like WZs bracketed and 50 by rank to better challenge players so it isnt all based of gear...ofc is this essential at this point and time no. For being a 2 month old baby I can say that while the game has bugs, exploits and Ilum isnt up to par its still a great game. BW is focusing out what they deem most important at this time and that is the release of content. Since that has been proven to destroy games of this nature in the past. Currently this game is $49.99 on Amazon.com and it is well worth that and at least 1 month subscription. The question that should be asked in this thread is will the game get better? I believe it will just not in the timeframe that many mmorpgers want it to happen. Because unfortunately they keep telling themselves that this is WoW in Star Wars skin.

Darth Chosen

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other [person] die for his; May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't."-Gen. George S. Patton

Entropicus
03.12.2012 , 07:22 AM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Kojey View Post
i hate how gamespot said something about there being no day night cycle. I mean if they did put one in they'd have to change it for every planet or people would say something about one planet not being as big as another etc.
There is an app that can help with that

http://stereopsis.com/flux/

Darkens the shading on the monitor automatically to the time of day/night.

I absolutely love it.
When I run, I am running as if I am running towards someone attacking my family. When I lift, I am lifting the weight that is about to crush my child. Every workout you do is preparation for a time where it really matters. If you do not train like someone's life depends on you, what will you do when one does?

ricp
03.12.2012 , 09:16 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by Knewt View Post
EA/Bioware won't tell anyone how much they spent. That would make investors nervous.
it's a public company, if you want to find out what their R&D budget you can bu going to the investor relations link on EA's website

Zyanzor
03.19.2012 , 04:51 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by ricp View Post
it's a public company, if you want to find out what their R&D budget you can bu going to the investor relations link on EA's website
Dont you have to be a investor in order to get that access?

Zyanzor
03.19.2012 , 04:52 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthChosen View Post
First off I'm not a fanboy if that term is even applicable here but I do love the Star Wars Universe and Bioware developed games. After reading multiple responses that seemed more in the realm of "Why isn't this just like WoW" I decided to post what I feel is a middle ground user review in the forums.

I will start off addressing the LFG tool, combat log, and target to target.

There is a target of target feature go to key binds and targeting BOOM its like a third of the way down the page. LFG for many WoW players killed WoW (its an opinion of many not my personal one check the wow forums) It pretty much ended the "being out in the world" feature many of us loved. You have to first know an MMO is generally a grind. For beta- WOTLK pre LFG players there was a love for flying or riding out to a dungeon and using the summoning stone to bring players to the dungeon and run it. LFG brought a more trial and error strategy versus real strategy to the game. BW no doubt did research and deemed it important to not implement this function at this time to allow players to develop a social relationship in game. Being that the game is more personal with your decisions being involved its safe to say this assumption makes sense. Combat log has been around since I can remember playing MMOs but is it vital better yet essential to your gameplay? Or essential the majority of players gameplay?

Good about SWTOR: Its different and regardless of bugs and glitches its pretty fun to play if you like MMOs. The space battles (although lacking will be addressed in the bad) are a great way to break the leveling grind cycle. PVP is LFG from and zone and for good reason because it is server only. Making you fly to fleet just to queue for a match would be unreasonable. While many of the flashpoints and operations are accessible from fleet making it better than when wow started off for traveling means. Before a group tackles an operation or flashpoint they have an easier time locating one another for inspection and readiness to take on these challenges. Heroic Areas embedded in questing areas is also a unique feature allowing even the hardcore quest leveler a chance to break from pace and get an opportunity and slightly better gear than quest level. (Commendations accounted for). It's Star Wars and contains a damn good storyline for every class that I have played so far. Unlike the previous MMO i played I actually pay attention to the quest and enjoy it. This brings up great discussion points in my guild while pvping.

Bad: FPS issues: mostly BWs engine of choice the Hero engine is terrible for the level of graphics in this game no one should NEED a high end graphics card to play. Bugs Bugs Bugs I played beta Rift, Aion, GW, and Age of Conan along with WoW. So I can honestly say the bugs in this game are terrible for being out the amount of time it has. Before releasing new content these issues should be fixed even if it requires servers being down longer. Definitely a PTR to test all new content coming out and to test for bugs or exploits BW is being way to mmm whats the best word close to the chest with this game. Open it up to the players let them do the work for you. Listening to every gripe and complaint about this game from players who threaten to end their subscription. Im sorry for those out there that have a general complaint but those can often get clouded by the whiner babies complaining about the non essential parts of this game.

Overall: Its a great game that even with bugs is maintaining most servers and standard capacity and heavy during peak gaming hours. It is fun to do the storyline and while pvp may chap my @#$ it involves a grind for better gear. Would I like WZs bracketed and 50 by rank to better challenge players so it isnt all based of gear...ofc is this essential at this point and time no. For being a 2 month old baby I can say that while the game has bugs, exploits and Ilum isnt up to par its still a great game. BW is focusing out what they deem most important at this time and that is the release of content. Since that has been proven to destroy games of this nature in the past. Currently this game is $49.99 on Amazon.com and it is well worth that and at least 1 month subscription. The question that should be asked in this thread is will the game get better? I believe it will just not in the timeframe that many mmorpgers want it to happen. Because unfortunately they keep telling themselves that this is WoW in Star Wars skin.

Darth Chosen

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other [person] die for his; May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't."-Gen. George S. Patton
I can almost agree with most of that good and bad. Space combat did it for me when I first heard about swtor. Like you said, it breaks up the repetativeness thats in most mmo's like grinding.