Vehicle bug that wastes CC, time, and persists beyond game file repair

BendyStrawsGames

The short version: Started a new character with some friends, bought a bronze mount pack (claimed, taken from inventory, whole thing), acquired speeder piloting 1.

Went to add vehicle to actions bar, and the vehicle in my vehicles tab was not the one I got from the pack.

Weird.

Try to add it to actions bar. Can't.

Run around testing after seeing a similar report (with no replies).

This is what is happening: The vehicle I got is not in my abilities or collections. The vehicle that is appearing in my vehicles tab is the active vehicle of the closest character to mine.

Okay...

Restart game, still bugged. Get another bronze pack hoping it would fix it. It did not. That's a total of 2.

Force the client to repair by deleting bitraider.

Load game, still bugged.

Anyone have any idea what the hell is happening here, and can I at least get my CC back?

The "available mounts" list in the Abilities panel is bugged at the moment, and frequently contains mounts that you don't have on the specific character (but these mounts are, as you observed, not usable). In some cases for me, the mount it shows is one I don't have on *any* character.

Just to be sure... you did all of the following, in order?

* Pressed Buy to buy the pack.

* Claimed the pack into your inventory.

* Opened the pack and claimed the mount inside into your inventory.

* Right-clicked the mount to register the mount with your character.

* Looked in the Vehicles tab of the Abilities panel and *didn't* find the mount. (Finding other mounts is a known bug at the moment, as noted above.)

Another thing to check: look in your Collections panel (Ctrl+C) to see if the mounts you got were registered as "Collected" or whatever it is that it says in that case. (Turn on the "Collected only" view filter in the top-right corner of the panel.)

Went to add vehicle to actions bar, and the vehicle in my vehicles tab was not the one I got from the pack.

It should have auto-magically shown up in your actions bar, in the first "open" slot, when you used the inventory item to add it to your available vehicles. FWIW, I've noticed recently that when I add a "new" vehicle it gets added to my bars twice.

Also, have you tried using the "Activate Random Mount" ability (assuming you have it unlocked)? IIRC, when you add a "new" mount, it gets auto-magically "favorited". Or you can hit the "Favorite All" button on the vehicles list. And then the ability should "activate" one or the other of the mounts you actually own.

I checked when this vehicle list bug first showed, and the ability won't "activate" a mount you don't own. And IIRC, if you hit "Favorite None" and then individually "favorite" one or more mounts you don't own, the ability will tell you that you have to "favorite" a mount before you can use it. So at least the ability still knows which mounts you do or don't own, even if the list doesn't.

It should have auto-magically shown up in your actions bar, in the first "open" slot, when you used the inventory item to add it to your available vehicles. FWIW, I've noticed recently that when I add a "new" vehicle it gets added to my bars twice.

The automatic add-to-bar thing picks the lowest-numbered open slot in the lowest-numbered bar that has at least one open slot, but it won't add to bars 5 and 6.

And the add-twice thing, in my experience, only happens when you add a mount from Collections, and it has done that for ages and ages.