Jedi Knight Story

ZibzRO

I know already this question was put so many times but.... I am a new player of the game. So i cannot decide what class should i pick. I heard the storys are just awesome. But whenever i play such a game i kinda wanna play like a character from the lore. What is your oppinion about JK story? How it is feels, how are companions and actions? And what do you think about The Old Republic Jedi Order, from the lore perspective. And in the last, with new expansion i saw you will be in conflict with Eternal Empire... how is more satisfying experience playing as a republic(Jedi) or Imperial(Sith)? I know for the last one it will be black and wite oppionions but ill analyze carefully.

1) Play all the class . Some will be fun , some will be boring .

2)Jedi Knight story is up to personal preference . Some peoples love it . Some peoples find it utterly boring .

3) Companions are like the Story , some you will like and some you wish you can kill .

4) Sith has better Stories . Some stories have different ending depand on if you are Light side or dark side . Not much on the republic side though .

Now that I gave you the general answers , I give you my opinions .

1) Imperial Agent class has MANY ending . If you are feeling lazy , then I suggest you do at least one Light side and one dark side run .

2)Sith warriior Male can romance Jaessa (Dark side only) and Vette . But I also recommand Sith warrior as a Light side . I play female and get no romance but the story is more fun as a Light side for me .

3)Sith Inquisitor can be played either way . I personally love it as a Dark side though .

4) Bounty Hunter is fun and has a nice twist in the end .

5)For republic side , Smuggler Story is the most hilarious one and a good change from the whole force stuff . It's a must do .

6)Trooper story is a bit boring . Female Trooper is voiced by Jennifer Hale aka Femshep .

7) Jedi consular Story is a bit of a sleeping pill . But the Journey isn't so bad there are some nice moments .

8)Jedi Knight Story feel a bit watered down if you play Sith warrior first . But that's an opinion .

Try them out and see what you like .

I know already this question was put so many times but.... I am a new player of the game. So i cannot decide what class should i pick. I heard the storys are just awesome. But whenever i play such a game i kinda wanna play like a character from the lore. What is your oppinion about JK story? How it is feels, how are companions and actions? And what do you think about The Old Republic Jedi Order, from the lore perspective. And in the last, with new expansion i saw you will be in conflict with Eternal Empire... how is more satisfying experience playing as a republic(Jedi) or Imperial(Sith)? I know for the last one it will be black and wite oppionions but ill analyze carefully.

1) Jedi Knight is a relatively satisifying "You're the Hero" story. It doesn't attempt to drive away from that cliche, but executes it well, for the most part. Solid story.

2) The companions are pretty good (Kira and Doc being standouts). Your actions feel... Somewhat important? At the very least, there are some reminders of what you chose before near the end, based on whom you spare/recruit.

3) The Old Jedi Order has its issues, but for the most part, I would prefer them over the Sith. Star Wars has always been a fantasy of "Black and White" to our reality of "Gray." Therefore, some choices may seem jarring. React as you believe your character would, not what the shiny alignment button says.

4) Personally, having experienced most of the story and seeing all the classes: Jedi and Sith feel more in tune with the story of the Outlander. I prefer Jedi personally, but the story will be the story regardless of faction. Just twists and tweaks.

The JK really is the hero story, heck the JK is known as the

Hero of Tython

You get a lot of *** kissing from everyone, which may or may not be annoying for you.

I find it's better with LS, it seems weak to me if you play excessive DS.

as for KOTFE, JK probably works the best, though SW and SI also work pretty good.

All in all though, just try them all out and see if you like them. The only one I really couldn't stand was the Trooper

For which feels best for KotFE. All the Force users. Knight & Warrior for #1 spot and Consular & Inquisitor for #2.

Personally, I don't feel strictly DS works for KotFE (which I'm sure there's someone who disagrees, but makes no sense for me). Not saying be purely LS though. :p

Knight has some good 4 out 5 good companions. Rusk is terrible. Scourge imo isn't all that developed, but he's interesting. Kira is the most developed, but I feel that's an issue with all stories. One companion is more developed than all the rest.

Consular 1st Act is a bit on the boring side. After that however, I personally thought it was great. :)

Inquistor I enjoyed all the way through, still had issues with some of the story line though.

Smuggler good chapter 1, terrible the rest, but great dialogue (imo) all the way through.

Agent imo is overrated.

Trooper isn't the most exciting, but it's a bit interesting.

Knight is the hero story. It's good (not my fave, Consular and Inquisitor get that spot).

Warrior is the revenge story. I like it. Don't think it plays well fully dark side, but I never felt any of the stories really worked well 100% dark side. However, I will say again, this doesn't mean go full light side :p

Hunter was a fun story. Nothing special and really for all the complaints people have over some of the others, I found chapter 1 on this one boring. Still, I enjoyed it alot. Great companions. Except for Skadge :p

JK imho is what KOTOR 3 likely would of been if not for this game. it's a decent story but not my fave. I'll rank all 8 for my favs.

1. Agent. Mix Bond. Bourne and you get the agent story.

2. Bounty hunter. First chapter was excellent, 2 wasn't bad, 3 was ok but a good twist st the end

3.Jedi Consular. I didn't like chapter 1, but 2 and 3 were actually better than I expected.

4.Sith Inquisitor. Sold from start to finish. Not quite as good as the others, but a very solid rags to riches story.

5. Smuggler. THE BEST first chapter of any of them, but 2 and 3 were appallingly bad. Also best 1 liners in the game.

6.Sith Warrior. It wasn't bad story, but it didn't stand out. Felt kinda flat to me. Jaesa was awesome, but she was the highlight, other highlight was taking down the final boss.

7. Jedi knight. Why it's so low. Predictable hero story. Nothing new at all.

8. Trooper. So badly handled it wasn't even funny. Could of been the very best story, but was boring, unimaginative, and could of easily been equal to the agent's story.

That's my thoughts on the stories. Take as you will.

Also: Consular: the very, very best, most EPIC of all the Prologues. Let down a *lot* by the rest of the story. My very first character was a Shadow (because double-bladed sabre, duh) and it took me three years (almost to the day) to summon up the will to finish the story. But I *loved* the Prologue.

To me the JK is like kotor 3 traditional star wars but the sequel I wanted and imo ties well with expansions

I am going to have to disagree with ties part somewhat, more specifically to me it felt like what you get prior to KOTFE and after it has pretty big disconnect if you go through JK story. For other classes it is not that big issue.

1. Agent. Mix Bond. Bourne and you get the agent story.

2. Bounty hunter. First chapter was excellent, 2 wasn't bad, 3 was ok but a good twist st the end

3.Jedi Consular. I didn't like chapter 1, but 2 and 3 were actually better than I expected.

4.Sith Inquisitor. Sold from start to finish. Not quite as good as the others, but a very solid rags to riches story.

5. Smuggler. THE BEST first chapter of any of them, but 2 and 3 were appallingly bad. Also best 1 liners in the game.

6.Sith Warrior. It wasn't bad story, but it didn't stand out. Felt kinda flat to me. Jaesa was awesome, but she was the highlight, other highlight was taking down the final boss.

7. Jedi knight. Why it's so low. Predictable hero story. Nothing new at all.

8. Trooper. So badly handled it wasn't even funny. Could of been the very best story, but was boring, unimaginative, and could of easily been equal to the agent's story.

These are pretty close to my opinions as well. I'd probably put Hunter and Smuggler below Warrior, but otherwise, they work. The Trooper is the only one I actively dislike, but Knight was pretty bland, and failed to follow the "show don't tell" rule. As MadDutchman put it, for the Knight:

You get a lot of *** kissing from everyone, which may or may not be annoying for you.

I find it's better with LS, it seems weak to me if you play excessive DS.

You get told how awesome you are, but don't really do much to establish yourself (at least, not in a way that stands out from any other class). "You're the only one who can take on the Emperor" is stated repeatedly without justification (other than a prophecy...of which there's also a prophecy that you're gonna screw it up). And ultimately, despite everything you get told:

...you fail. Though you don't find that out until all the other classes do, and it is therefore given no fanfare.

And it's not just the story, either. Kira is your "padawan", and man, they are gonna say that a lot, but you never actually teach her anything (compare to Nadia, who many of her convos involve discussion of lessons and such, Kira gets one and gets grumpy if you don't tell her she's super right and the best ever but either way it never comes up again).

Despite all this, though, like I said, I don't dislike the Knight story per se, it's more like seeing how much people talk like it's the best thing causes a sort of backlash for me. It does have some great ****** hero moments, though you have to be playing Light Side to get most of them (as MadDutchman also mentioned). Dark Side is just a thug, which is actually completely appropriate and fitting in the story, but keeps you from getting a lot of the bits that make it really fun.

Kira being the Knight's Padawan is a matter of perspective.

Let's be fair. Master Kiwiiks did most of the work.

True, the Knight was Knighted first so when they get paired up, Master Satele says "Care for and guide Kira as if she were your Padawan", but to me, I see it as "Ok, I'm in charge on paper, but I'm not going to lord it over Kira because I got promoted first. We're the same sort of age. Let's see how we work together"

I know there are options to be strict with her (or an absolute jerk) but I much prefer being casual.

Such flood of wicked non-answers. If people come here asking such questions, generally speaking " oh, you should try all classes!: )" isn't exactly the answer they after. ;p

When considering post-vanilla narrative of TOR, (it is basically the same for all classes and both factions) Jedi Knight is by far the most suitable and satisfying class story the game has.

In terms of storyline, all non-force using classes are more or less ridiculously unsuitable forKOTFE and, I assume, beyond. Playing EA's NFL 2016 on my trooper would feel a more fitting story for him than most all things in KOTFE.

That leaves the Force users. Without going to any spoilers, I'll rank them from best to worst in terms of how " at home" you feel through stories besides the original vanilla class story.

1. Jedi Knight

2. Sith War

3. Sith Inq

- - - -

4 Consular

Spoilsport comments below, don't read OP! ;p

.....That is not to say JK story would actually be that good. It has obscene wealth of issues with phasing. Around 70% of story- oriented playtime sinks in something that'd be more fitting for Trooper. When something interesting does happen, it gets hardly any screen time.

Come to think of it, Trooper storyline with minor changes (bye Havoc, hello fallen Knights!) would have been way more suitable for first two chaptters of Jedi, and vice versa.

Bit OT but..

..I think JK story kinda aligns with/pays tribute to Baldur's Gate story in very interesting way.

Edited by Stradlin

In terms of storyline, all non-force using classes are more or less ridiculously unsuitable forKOTFE and, I assume, beyond. Playing EA's NFL 2016 on my trooper would feel a more fitting story for him than most all things in KOTFE.

Not true at all. The Non-Force classes actually make more sense, in a lot of ways.

If you really look at the Outlander's role (and heck, the role Lana got him/her to fill), it's always been about the Outlander's ability to be a figurehead to the Alliance. Having a canon hero who can leave the Force stuff to the Force-users, or who has to fall back on Valkorian (or at least be tempted by it) when it does become absolutely necessary actually fits the story. If the hero could have just easily said "screw it, I'll move the rocks myself" when Lana's in danger, makes the railroading of the story feel pointless.

The next bit has some spoilers in it, so hiding 'em:

Sort of related to the previous point, I've seen a lot of people say that, for example, a Knight fits the "you alone are worth my time" line from Valky, but honestly, that seems backwards to me. The Knight was basically raised from birth to be a sword that Jedi could stick into the Emperor and make him die. So someone like that fighting and defeating an avatar of the Emperor? I think a guy who can decimate planets would honestly find that pretty...banal, especially since the Knight failed, and twice at that! Same thing for all those others who start off naturally gifted or otherwise. On the other hand, just a "regular person" who accomplishes, say, everything the Smuggler accomplishes...that actually seems like the sort of thing that would get a cosmic monstrosity interested: pure amusement value. Nobody is a threat to Valky, so it seems like the best choice for the story is someone who would be interesting for a different reason.

A lot of people like to cite "power" as a counterpoint to that last one, but really, "power" has never been about using the Force or not in this game. All 4 non-Force class stories give the hero the chance to trounce Jedi/Sith at at least one point, if not several (Agent requires making certain choices, but it still has it), and the planetary stories never make a big deal out of it either way (and feature plenty of non-Force enemies who are considered just as dangerous/tough in both story and gameplay terms as their Force using peers).

And even those who can use it still apparently need a magic weapon to handle Arcann. So "power" has never been a factor. Furthermore, the chapter involving said weapon is pretty much the only "Force-oriented" chapter of KotFE, in which you're basically told over and over again that everything you thought you knew about the Force was wrong anyway.

None of this is to say, that the Force-using classes are particularly poor choices. In fact, there are several I'd rank as pretty appropriate. But the whole "KotFE doesn't make any sense if you can't use the Force" is pretty much pure bull, I hate to say.

If I were to follow your lead and rank the greatest potential of each class' ability to be the Outlander in KotFE, I'd go:

Top-tier, most appropriate:

Consular, Smuggler, Inquisitor

Second-tier, still perfectly decent choices:

Knight, Trooper, Warrior, Hunter, Agent

Reply to post above, Spoils vanila stories and the initial KOTFE setting.

In my books, this argument never quite gets so far that we could start considering just how unsuitable or weird it is to have a smuggler or a bounty hunter running the show in grand Alliance. For me, " full stop" happens around the VIP treatment from Emperor. Visions in Force, interacting with a ghost are a huge portion of KOTFE storyline. Some BH or trooper or smuggler just randomly getting singled out by the Emperor in Ziost , or later on renting space for a dead daddy Emperor in KOTFE just doesn't work for me. I can't buy it. It has absolutely no credibility in context of the world and it's inner logic. It makes sense centuries old demi-god is is interested of the person who almost killed him. Or of his former Wrath. Or of a dark council member who noms ghosts for breakfast. "Ooh, this person is captain of his own freighter! Curious!!"..Doesn't cut it.

By the time the Force- oriented chapter you speak of hits, I think head-cannonizing that your BH/Smugler/Trooper/Agent has actually been force sensitive all along is the only way to keep from feeling like somebody made a huge mistake in casting. Otherwise, you are Han Solo in Dagobah, carrying Yoda around and wondering why in ever living Fu..forcce do people treat you the way they do.

Additionally, the bigger part Emperor was to your character's vanilla life, easier it is to feel there is some more ling-lived personal dimension to the story of you two.., beyond the usual " gotta save the world!" - tier.

KOTFE can be played as any class. Yet, KOTFE really isn't a story for non-force sensitive classes.

]

Edited by Stradlin

All of the classes that don't use the Force are a poor fit for KoTFE. Valkorian's interest in the character works better if its one of the two Jedi or two Sith characters. Of that bunch the Jedi Knight and the Sith Warrior are the best suited to KoTFE in that both have more personal ties to the Emperor than the others. The Jedi Knight was the Emperor's arch-enemy in the base game, while the Sith Warrior was the Emperor's right hand man. (or woman)