Thrasher HM line of sight issues on snipers

In order to target the Demo I have to jump and cast an instant at just the right time. Needless to say that these add placements are stupid and need to be changed so that ranged have a much easier time hitting both snipers and the demo.

Due to these mechanics there are certain classes who can hardly do a single thing to the adds unless they get knocked up there by the boss specifically.

In order to target the Demo I have to jump and cast an instant at just the right time. Needless to say that these add placements are stupid and need to be changed so that ranged have a much easier time hitting both snipers and the demo.

Due to these mechanics there are certain classes who can hardly do a single thing to the adds unless they get knocked up there by the boss specifically.

That's what the knockback is there for. Just knock a DPS and a talk onto the wall and leave them there for the whole fight. They will have no trouble getting each sniper group down in time.

That's what the knockback is there for. Just knock a DPS and a talk onto the wall and leave them there for the whole fight. They will have no trouble getting each sniper group down in time.

While I do agree that is why the KB is there for, to a certain extent there is still something buggy about targeting people up there. If the KB up there was a mechanic, I would imagine that there would be some sort of consistency in being able to attack and not attack the snipers.

What it feels more like to me is if I stand in position X and target a sniper, I can hit him with a Hammer Shot or Harpoon no problem. If I move a little bit in a direction, without blatantly LOSing the sniper, he magically becomes un-hittable. In my experiences there seem to be small "hot-spots" where you can actually attack them from the floor.

But I don't really know with any real certainty what the deal is.

I can tell you as a Sniper DPS that has been on the ground and knocked up (oh my) that there are terrain "features" (a.k.a. crappy geometry and invisible ledges) that prevent you from hitting them at certain angles and ranges.

From the ground, I've found that there are times I can hit them at 30 meters but not at 35 meters. Likewise, if I'm part of the DPS group that goes up top, I have LoS issues hitting the 40 foot monster eating my friends if I'm not positioned just right at the ledge.

I have found most success by standing to the side at roughly 2 o'clock from the sniper's facing direction. That's not always possible with mob placing, but figure out what position works for you. Once you find it, you can count on being able to hit the snipers every time they spawn.

Anyone else having issues targeting the snipers and demo guys on hm thrasher in S&V

Yep they are definitely hard to target lol! I think this was intended. Something in this fight needs to be hard.. :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, try not to run towards the wall. Gravitate towards the center of the arena and that should help you with LoS issues.

Edited by paowee

The mechanic IS to position the boss so you can send people up there with the knockback.. We send most of our raid up top each time the snipers spawn and theyre dead in 5 secs.. Leave main tank and a healer at the bottom..

As far as im concerned the bug is that you CAN hit them from below even if it is very unreliable.

The mechanic IS to position the boss so you can send people up there with the knockback.. We send most of our raid up top each time the snipers spawn and theyre dead in 5 secs.. Leave main tank and a healer at the bottom..

As far as im concerned the bug is that you CAN hit them from below even if it is very unreliable.

Scoot back towards the center. It should give you line of sight.

This is slightly off topic but since everyone is here:

On our latest S&V run I (sniper) switched over to the adds while on the ground because one of our melee guys up top fell off. I didn't have any trouble hitting the ads, but all my attacks were "Absorbed" and did no damage. Our sorc was also unable to damage the ads from the ground. The marauder up top could still do damage and earlier in the fight I had been able to damage the snipers no problem.

Anyone know if there is a mechanic which would prevent attacks from the ground floor from doing damage?

On our latest S&V run I (sniper) switched over to the adds while on the ground because one of our melee guys up top fell off. I didn't have any trouble hitting the ads, but all my attacks were "Absorbed" and did no damage. Our sorc was also unable to damage the ads from the ground. The marauder up top could still do damage and earlier in the fight I had been able to damage the snipers no problem.

Anyone know if there is a mechanic which would prevent attacks from the ground floor from doing damage?

Was Thrasher close enough for his roar to break the entrench off the snipers?

Was Thrasher close enough for his roar to break the entrench off the snipers?

This particular mechanic seems to be extremely unreliable. My group tried several different positioning strategies with Thrasher, and none of them consistently knocked the shields down. Thus, despite having three ranged DPS in our 8 man group, we have to rely on the melee to go up and burst the snipers down as quickly as possible.

• 1 month later...
This particular mechanic seems to be extremely unreliable. My group tried several different positioning strategies with Thrasher, and none of them consistently knocked the shields down. Thus, despite having three ranged DPS in our 8 man group, we have to rely on the melee to go up and burst the snipers down as quickly as possible.

Agreed, the roar mechanic does not always work.