Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I need to the top shadow tanks, ie Kitru

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
I need to the top shadow tanks, ie Kitru

Assillius
12.04.2012 , 12:44 PM | #11
63 modded
28k hp
29% def
67% shield
61% absorb + passive relic which gives in average 65-66%
wh def + comp passive shield relics

preffere 41 power for agro than useless extra 300 hp from DG

KeyboardNinja
12.04.2012 , 01:01 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Assillius View Post
preffere 41 power for agro than useless extra 300 hp from DG
If you were a vanguard or a guardian, then I'd totally agree with you. However, you're a shadow, and a *huge* chunk of your survivability comes from your self-heal, most of which is determined by a function of your HP. For this reason, endurance is actually super-useful. Once you get into full 63s, 18 points of Endurance provides exactly the same survivability benefit as 18 points of defense or absorb. (this is assuming you're using the no-thrash rotation)
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

dipstik
12.04.2012 , 01:13 PM | #13
lol

you are not going to find consensus here.

i have always suggested a balanced build that uses the high endurance versions of the mods and use the augments for mitigation stats. for your reference:

a 1300 mitigation pool build (where shield rating plus defense rating pplus absorb rating equals 1300) will make it so on a boss that delivers 2000 incoming dps (if I understand keyboard ninja's assetions correcly and this is not post mitigation damage) you will take about 270 damage per second, have a health pool of 32k, and be able tio survive without heals for 119 seconds. at a 1800 build gives 231 dps taken, a health pool of 27k, and you can survive for 117 seconds.

so you can save your healer the trouble of healing you for 40dps if you get more mitigation, but you have a little mlonger youn can survive without a heal with the max HP build.

I can tell you from a healing perspecive that healing a max HP shadow feels like throwing force down the drain. remember that every HP is worth more for a max mitigation build from a healing perspective. from a self heals perspective the opposite is true.

with all that said, I go for a 30/45/60 build.

Assillius
12.04.2012 , 02:14 PM | #14
disagree. if u will loose agro at least for second it may coz some heart attak for healers which is totally unnessecery. and i hate to waste my aoe taunt to pick up boss back again coz it may needed somewhere a bit later.
build my rotation for high survival + dps enough to keep agro without aoe taunt and still carry any sentinel without guard with 2k+ dps

KeyboardNinja
12.04.2012 , 03:58 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kajuana View Post
Full 63s will give you more hp, but I have reservations on whether this will give another 3K-4K hp.
I certainly like to see links from others. (pls update Keyboardninja!)
My AMR profile is updated now: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...3-e75392f0b410 You'll notice though that it claims I only have 25% defense chance. This appears to be stemming from a bug in AMR (it also thinks I no longer have my set bonus). Finally, there is a bug in the current version of the game (since 1.5) which rounds HP *up* (everything else in the game is rounded half-over), so AMR's HP calculation is usually 1-short.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Kitru
12.04.2012 , 07:42 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Luxviridis View Post
Anyways, do you have an askmrrobot.com profile that i've simply not been able to find? Or do you like that your gear is unbeknownst to me?
I actually put together my optimal gear setup, and it was beautifully simple: Mk-1 Earpiece, Mk-2 Implants, Proc relic, Defense use relic, all armoring/hilt as Resolve, all enhs as Bastion (high Shield w/ Defense), and all mods as Robust unlettered. I also use Power crystals because I like threat more than a tiny bit of extra hp.

With exotech stim, it'll put you at just shy of 25k hp (just 4-5 hp short, in fact) with 532 shield rating, 600 shield rating, and 516 absorb rating (just above 30% def, above 65% shield, and above 58% absorb). On top of that, you'll be packing 1826 Willpower for monumental threat generation. The only reason I'm using the Bastion enhs is because there isn't a Sturdiness 27 or Immunity 27 (and that makes me sad).

That's gearing up the Kitru way in case you're curious.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Kajuana
12.04.2012 , 09:56 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
My AMR profile is updated now: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...3-e75392f0b410 You'll notice though that it claims I only have 25% defense chance. This appears to be stemming from a bug in AMR (it also thinks I no longer have my set bonus). Finally, there is a bug in the current version of the game (since 1.5) which rounds HP *up* (everything else in the game is rounded half-over), so AMR's HP calculation is usually 1-short.
Thanks KeyboardNinja!
So you actually have 30% def? Isn't that a big buff? -,-

Kitru, you are too much of a signature to not have an AMR profile!
The STILLWATER Legacy @ LAST BASTION
Kajuana 55 SHADOW, Katherina 50 SENTINEL, Shadowraith 50 SCOUNDREL, Kyhina 50 COMMANDO

Kitru
12.04.2012 , 10:19 PM | #18
Kitru, you are too much of a signature to not have an AMR profile!
I've got one *now*, but that's mostly because I finally sat down and put together all mods and whatnot (kinda like I finished off the last 4 planets of datacrons I haven't touched in 10 months because I finally felt like doing it). You can check it out if you want.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

KeyboardNinja
12.05.2012 , 10:23 AM | #19
Thanks KeyboardNinja!
So you actually have 30% def? Isn't that a big buff? -,-
It's nice to have, that's for sure. I do hate being so on the edge w.r.t. diminishing returns though. My defense has gone up by like 5% in the time that my absorb has gone up by 2%.