Question - Still New/Returning Here

JCicero

Hello,

I am attempting to buy coins from the Cartel market but unfortunately it keeps telling me the service is unavailable for my account. I believe it's because I am currently stationed in Japan. I attempted to contact customer Support but to no avail.

Would anyone understand the reasoning? I have bought coins recently but I did not know if that would be a factor. Thank you in advance,

Are you buying from the website, from Steam, or from the in-game button?

The in-game button is blocked by default, but can be enabled in the Cartel Coins section of "My SWTOR" (see button at the top of the screen).

If you're linked to Steam, it's possible that you aren't allowed (by Steam) to buy from sources other than Steam (see e.g. the floo-flah legal stuff between Apple and Epic Games about Fortnite).

Even though I have the selection for in-game purchases the button does not work in-game it, feels clunky, broken and distrustful that I am not allowed to add coins in game even though I've turned on the choice to do so.

In addition, I do own the game on Steam but I was able to buy coins literally about a week or so ago, but now suddenly it says my account is not able too. I don't know if it's because I am in Japan playing or whatever possible nonsense could be preventing me from buying CC, but it is quite frustrating.

And, between my job and the time zone I am in I am not able to contact their customer service on most days because their schedule does not align with mine.

I don't know if it's because I am in Japan playing or whatever possible nonsense could be preventing me from buying CC, but it is quite frustrating.

Clarify - are you a 'resident' of Japan, or are you just "playing in Japan" temporarily?

If it's temporary, it may be a security feature similar to the "one time password", in case your account has been hacked.

(Were you in Japan the last time you bought CC?)

Edited by JediQuaker