PvP How´s it like ?

TitanExtremer

Hello Starwarsians!

I have one burning important question to the game, - how is pvp like? (On pvp servers)

Can you go get pvp flagged and kill anyone else who is flagged? -Anywhere anytime? or is it restricted to certain areas?

That´s a hugely important part of the game.

What are the consequences of death/PVP ?

Can you fight other players in Space pvp?

And finally, are you able to loot dead players or do you get some other sort of reward?

Thank you in advance!

- Titan

Most of your PvP is not going to hit until the 20s, and I was told by another guild leader that you will encounter PVP in some quests that take you into hostile territory and planets where both sides are questing. FFA is going to be limited to Tatooine and possibly 1 other planet, according to this person. Everywhere else only your opposite faction will be attackable.

You should never be "stuck" without something to do because of "camping" from the design I have seen. Space missions are all PVE, and you can send your companion on quests during those. Plus, watch for higher level quest givers on planets you thought you outgrew. I found one on a level teens planet that opened an area for 20s+.

Finally, I don't know about "kiting" but I did accidentally train someone who was after a quest item I was in the middle of a battle for. I saw them going for what I was working hard to get to, and called off my companion to give me a moment to protest or challenge them to a duel. That action, since my companion was my tank, triggered the NPC hostile to attack the other player standing next to him. :o

Edited by MrsMolle

I have played since tuesday and got a level 21 sorceror. I have yet to find any open world pvp, mostly since i am not high enough yet. i have done about 10 huttball, 1 alderan domination, and 1 voidstar. I have done so much huttball because on the pvp server empire seriously outnumbers republic so most of the time i got huttball. im hoping alot more republic join or it will feel like another pve server.

to answer you question.. it is fun i enjoy it

Very nice, does not sound like the open world pvp i was hoping for but it sounds acceptable untill they conjure up something more free´ish.

And thx on the empire note, i will be rolling Republic to suppor the balance! ;)

When you get to Tat(24-30ish), PvP will be like any other game. You'll be attackable anywhere from that point forward.

Only exception to this is the planet your faction goes to after Alderaan because they are mainly questing planets to move your main story. For Empire that this is Taris, and for Republic it is Balmorra.

World PvP ACTUALLY starts on Nar Shadda(19-24), but only near the end the questing there and during the Bonus series.

Edited by misrossk