Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

JovethGonzalez

What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2  

3,457 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2

• They're good!
    • They're terrible!
    • I don't care either way.

Hi folks,

We recently implemented a change to the global cooldown UI with Patch 1.1.2 and we realize that it has been a hot topic here in the Forums. In an effort to prioritize any new changes to the UI, we wanted to poll the community on their opinion of the current global cooldown UI. Please vote in the poll above! As a reminder, please only vote with the cooldown UI changes in mind.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no option for "Causes headaches and makes me nauseous" Which is a very large complaint and this poll is pretty much mocking everyone with the painful side effects.

I am happy you guys have finally given a small tidbit of communication to the thousands of posts since the change was implemented yesterday but you are still not addressing the painful side effects the UI change is causing. This is telling those of us who are getting these side effects that you don't care about what your changes have done to make us physically unable to play. Your lack of acknowledgement is speaking volumes for how you see your subscribers.

Edited by Sarsi

I dislike the new UI a lot.

There are two main problems:

One: The Global Cooldown causes ALL abilities to flash when it's up. This means all of your bars will flash white every 1.5 seconds.

Two: Using ANY ability causes all of your abilities to go grey and they don't fade back in until after the Global Cooldown is up. This is a huge problem when you're a class that spams abilities every second, such as a Jedi Sentinel. Basically, the abilities never light back up and are in a constant state of fading grey and flashing. Because of this, you can't tell what abilities are ready, whether or not you're in range, or if you have enough resources to use the ability.

I play a Sentinel and it is almost impossible to determine when abilities are off cooldown. During my hardmode raid last night, my entire UI was constantly greyed out or flashing, which made it impossible to determine which abilities could be activated.

I could not monitor Merciless Slash, Cauterize, Overload Saber and Zealous Strike properly. I basically had to guess when each was ready to use. The other raiding Sentinel in my guild was having the same issues.

And don't get me started on the flashing every 1.5 seconds...

Edited by Naroga

You guys almost got it!

IMO there needs to be about one more 'layer' of awareness animation added.

This is especially noticeable when i'm playing my sage healer.

I will cast a Shield on a player, and have another player selected before my GCD is down.

I am not able to see if my Shield ability is 'up' while this is happeneing.

It slows down my reacting time in knowing when i'm able to shield/or not.

God knows the icons on the team/ops windows are NOT large enough!

TLDR: Add one more 'type' of UI change, in that you can still see your abilites cooldowns perfectly under GCD timer.

Since the poll is locked, and the choices don't match my opinion - here's my opinion of them:

The marked increase in brightness makes it easy to see how the cooldown for any and every quickslot is proceeding, but at the expense of being such a contrast that it makes it harder to distinguish the images in each quickslot.

This means that it's harder to tell the cooldown state of a particular desired ability, because it takes more effort to be sure I'm looking at the right one.

Thus I don't like the change.

Aesthetics (and supposed seizures lol) aside, the new change disguises procs and cooldowns so much that you literally can't take your eyes off the UI. You shouldn't be asking us what we think of the new 'pretty lights'...the implementation is interfering with GAMEPLAY.

I like the changes, but if this many people hate them, then definitely do something about it. Though I'd prefer other game-breaking bugs be fixed first...like in operations. So much time has been wasted with bugs. I guess that's what the free month was for, but I think we deserve another one.

Why must it be a love/hate situation? Instead of adding an on/off toggle, I propose the addition of an Opacity Slider.

Let us define how visible the new CD effect is. Those that despise it can set it to 0, those who swear by it can keep it at 100 and the rest can customize it until it's just right.

I'm pleased to see a poll like this in response to all the complaints since 1.1.2's changes. My personal feedback is as follows:

1. The graphic for longer cooldowns is perfectly fine. It's very clear when a skill is nearing the end of its cooldown.

2. The universal FLASH as the GCD ends is bad (I feel that it's giving me a headache and my eyes rarely spend much time on my action bars).

3. Skills should remain lit in some way if they are available for use despite the GCD being in effect. While you may argue that one should know one's "rotation" or "priority", there are times during encounters where that rotation is going to be of lesser importance than movement and be disrupted. I'm fortunate as a DPS Commando and can simply watch my Charged Barrel count and/or the Gravity Vortexes on my target. Not all classes have such cues.

Thank you.

The design is close to what is needed.

I like how the "window" is tracked across all abilities and it covers abilities that are on cooldown.

The problem is abilities that are OFF cooldown are still very dark and hard to read. This happens in combat. When I am out of combat everything lights back up and its easy to read again.

Why is that? If an ability is available why is it not lighting back up?