Guide for chests in Denova?

Would a wise forum member mind answering a few questions about these chests?

I heard they lock after a certain amount of time? What are the mechanics here?

Are they in random locations or in the same places every time?

I've seen the loot inside some of the Hard Mode chests and those are definitely worth taking the time to clear trash to get to. Is this also the case for the Story Mode chests?

And if they are in static locations, does anyone have a map to those locations? We'd rather not burn up too much raid time hunting for them.

Thanks for any information!

Would a wise forum member mind answering a few questions about these chests?

I heard they lock after a certain amount of time? What are the mechanics here?

Are they in random locations or in the same places every time?

I've seen the loot inside some of the Hard Mode chests and those are definitely worth taking the time to clear trash to get to. Is this also the case for the Story Mode chests?

And if they are in static locations, does anyone have a map to those locations? We'd rather not burn up too much raid time hunting for them.

Thanks for any information!

its the same place every time thay are very easy to find only one is out of the way of the paths to bosses and thats the 2nd one

They do apparently have a timer, but I have no idea how long. Essentially timer for 1st chest starts after killing 1st boss, 2nd chest after 2nd boss and 3rd chest after third boss.

So if you plan on ending the raid without killing all the bosses, probably best to clear a bit of trash before you quit just to get the chest.

I dont know about HM, not done it. But on Story each chest drops 4 Black Hole comms each. Definitely worth getting, since if you're full Rakata geared then the comms is pretty much the main reason to return to Story EC. With the chests you can get 20 commendations per clear.

The first one is across the fallen tree under the busted building on the right (where the stealth guys are).

The second one is in the trenches, when you first enter head to the right and get to the end.

The third is on the path to Kephess after two or three trash pulls.

As somebody already said, the second one is really the only one you can miss. They will always be in the same location.

So are the chests timed? We didnt know what was up to make them open so when we came in again we just cleared all trash thinking that was it because we could open them when we did that... Does anyone know for sure how these 3 chests work through lockout and lootable?

Thanks.

Regarding the timed chests... we cleared the first 3 bosses in Hard Mode EC and figured we would grab the chest before Kephess the next night. When we cleared the trash to get to that chest it was not accessible so I definitely agree with the person who said to clear the trash to get to the chests.

Does anybody know how long the timer is?

Its not a timer, the previous boss you killed it attached to the chest... say, toth and zorn is attached to 1st firebrand, 2nd and mine boss 3rd. if you reset the instance the chets will not open, just make sure to get the chest after you kill the boss.