Terror from Beyond PTS Estimate

Hi, I know this has been discussed in previous threads but no answer from any Community team members has been received yet. You guys have been really good in answering a few questions regarding the new gear sets in Terror and whatnot, and were all very anxious to see the Op.

My question is when (roughly) can we expect Terror to be on the PTS? You've pretty much said it will come next month, which as far as I'm concerned means anytime before 30th Sept really.

However with the launch of MoP on the 25th I'd expect it to be released very shortly before then, for no reason other than to keep Swtor raiders attention on swtor. But to achieve a bug free release by then, obviously taking into account that more people will be able to test compared to 1.2 EC, you'll still require a minimum of 3-4 weeks of solid testing no?

Which pretty much means at latest it should be on the PTS by the end of August? I'm not sure if you plan on using its pts launch to counter gw2 release, afterall gw2 is a very PvP orientated game. Nonetheless even what you might call raiders do play other types of content, and using Terror pts would certainly keep some of us fixed or atleast excited for Terror, whether by playing or just watching videos waiting for it to go live.

I don't mean to try and tell you how to do business and when to release content, only that some word on the matter would go a long way. In particular just letting us know Terror "should" hit pts by next weekend or the weekend after etc etc.

Not that ill be hitting the PTS but i'm also quite intrested in the when. I'm wondering fi they've actually been doing alot of internal testing to cut down on the amount of time it will be on the PTS and whether they intend to just suprise us with it.

Putting it on the pts is a great way to catch alot of nasty bugs before it goes live but it does ruin alot of the progression race.

Yeah they gotta put it on pts, they said themselves that internal testing can never mimmick the different ways people play, thus never finding some bugs. That and if they plan to put the Nightmare raids on there, arguably the more important progression (if it'd been released early :p ) they they gotta put Terror on there.

And thanks for the link :) they probably are just doing as much as they can before its 'public ready', hopefully getting rid of most major bugs that no doubt crop up.

Shameless bump, definitely would love to hear some news on this. With GW2 creeping closer, we've had a good handful of people quit swtor until New content or f2p arrives. If they genuinely meant a next month launch it really does need to hit PTS within the next week to get a solid 3-4 weeks testing.

Frankly I'm not going anywhere, but getting impatient, and keeping people together in the meantime is proving challenging.

Also can we expect new character copies to PTS, since the previous copies have significantly worse gear?

Shameless bump, definitely would love to hear some news on this. With GW2 creeping closer, we've had a good handful of people quit swtor until New content or f2p arrives. If they genuinely meant a next month launch it really does need to hit PTS within the next week to get a solid 3-4 weeks testing.

Frankly I'm not going anywhere, but getting impatient, and keeping people together in the meantime is proving challenging.

Also can we expect new character copies to PTS, since the previous copies have significantly worse gear?

Yeah, I suspect they'll give us the ability to copy our geared characters - can't imagine doing HM Terror in Rakata lol.

So are we likely going to get TFB before we get EC Nightmare? If so, that seems a little weird. Do we know if TFB HM will drop the same 63 level gear as EC Nightmare or will it be the same old Campaign stuff as EC HM? Edited by JamieM

Yeah they said Terror will be coming first.

Terror Storymode will drop Campaign/Blackhole

Terror HM will drop the New tier 63 items.

And yeah EC Nightmare will also drop 63 items and will be used as an alternative source for the next Set, as well as being a challenge.

Edit: Also received a tweet from one of the Community team saying there's no news yet :< Hope we hear something soon!

Edited by alifaraaz

Yeah they said Terror will be coming first.

Terror Storymode will drop Campaign/Blackhole

Terror HM will drop the New tier 63 items.

And yeah EC Nightmare will also drop 63 items and will be used as an alternative source for the next Set, as well as being a challenge.

Edit: Also received a tweet from one of the Community team saying there's no news yet :< Hope we hear something soon!

Source?

I have not read anything to confirm what you are suggesting. I think it's plausible, but we don't know any of that yet.

edit: The only thing I recall reading is that NiM EC will help with obtaining the new set. What that means though has never been dissected.

Edited by Mavery

Which part? Erm have a read through the Dev Tracker. Its possible my memory's being a bit fudged, or maybe I've assumed meaning from the Devs words incorrectly. (Posting from phone so cba looking them up :p )

Edit: if you mean about the gear. Then yeah it could be like legs gloves boots offhand dropping in EC Nightmare and the rest in Terror HM, like how EV and KP were, or it could just be all the same drops. I guess well just have to wait and see :)

Edited by alifaraaz

They have never indicated what the gear levels will be for future content. All we have is what was datamined from TORHead. Which doesn't mean anything in and of itself.

For all we know HM TFB may contain a substantial increase in item levels over campaign.

True, they havn't explicitly said it will be 63 items, but that makes the most sense doesn't it? Columi was 56, Rakata 58, Then jumping to Tier 2, Campaign 61 and so the obvious next step is the 63 datamined items.

But yes you're right, we dont "know", but it's a pretty safe bet. There were also the 65 rank datamined armour pieces too.

The quote I could find:

"I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups."

Again this isn't concrete fact, but we can infer from the quote that Terror HM will be dropping the next set after Campaign. And the same set will be dropped in EC Nightmare. As it says speed up the acquisition, suggesting any gear in Terror HM may also be found in EC Nightmare.

Again the 63 Denova set may have been scrapped, or renamed, as having a set called Denova dropping from Terror HM is a bit weird? But it's clearly the set that was created with the idea in mind of it dropping in EC Nightmare.

And then maybe the Legionnaire/Warstalker (65) items will drop in Terror Nightmare once its released.

Since it would sort of make sense:

Tier 1: Tionese(51), Columi(56), Rakata(58)

Tier 2: Campaign(61), Denova/Hazmat(63), Legionnaire/Warstalker(65)

Still :p we can argue over the assumptions all day, they are still assumptions. Some obvious, some not so obvious. We won't find out till they either reply, or most likely, release Terror onto PTS.

I would like to keep this thread going over hope of some word on it though :) No news yet, but I'm guessing they are busy with internal testing and cant quite give us an ETA as to when itll be ready for public PTS.

Agreed with the OP! BW the last content was in April... my Main is in BiS Campaign gear, i've 6 lvl 50 alts, Valor Rank 90, i'm running out of things to do, and i was in the patient part of the playerbase.

The majority who didn't want to roll alts or pvp are already have left the game, and that's a fact... your EA overlords can keep the exitpoll 40% didn't want to pay the sub fee BS, because not a single person is buying that anymore. While i'm not interested in GW2 a lot of ppl are and with WoW's newest EXP coming out next month, i'm losing my faith day to day.

So pls throw us a bone.

Edited by Aedelas

Agreed with the OP! BW the last content was in April... my Main is in BiS Campaign gear, i've 6 lvl 50 alts, Valor Rank 90, i'm running out of things to do, and i was in the patient part of the playerbase.

The majority who didn't want to roll alts or pvp are already left the game, and that's a fact... your EA overlords can keep the exitpoll 40% didn't want to pay the sub fee BS, because not a single person is buying that anymore. While i'm not interested in GW2 a lot of ppl are and with WoW's newest EXP coming out next month, i'm losing my faith day to day.

So pls throw us a bone.

6 50s and Rank 90 Valour... yeah you're pretty much out of things to do.

Honestly the only thing left at this point is maybe to try and solo some HM FPs.

HM D7 was cleared yesterday and Stevoo soloed HM Malgus a while back. I'd suggest going after HM Revan, that fight was too easy - soloing it might make it the challenge some of us wished for.

Honestly, I was half expecting it to be on the PTS today.

If they plan on releasing it NEXT month, a few days away, I figured 2 weeks testing minimum was reasonable. Don't know...maybe they are testing it hard themselves...but I would love an update on the ETA. Content has been few and far between it seems, and I hate to see my guildies stop playing.

Honestly, I was half expecting it to be on the PTS today.

If they plan on releasing it NEXT month, a few days away, I figured 2 weeks testing minimum was reasonable. Don't know...maybe they are testing it hard themselves...but I would love an update on the ETA. Content has been few and far between it seems, and I hate to see my guildies stop playing.

Yeah, I expected it last week tbh :p But its not the first time I've been wrong with my guesses lol

They said next month during mid month September, but it really was just a rough estimate. And we cant really say they lied as long as its released sometime in September (but ideally before the 25th :p )

Still I'll keep bumping this thread and tweeting the CMs till we get word 8-) In general I'd love more information about the Operation, but I don't think we'll hear anything new until its on the PTS and we can see it all for ourselves.