WARNING: SWTOR Unstable

Sunsa

I've had many many MANY experiences with HD's blowing up in my face due to one thing or another, but never this badly.

Brand new Hard Drive, barely in my computer a week, no problems with it at all. Untill I started to play SWTOR, constant unresponsiveness caused by the client, which eventually lead to my HD crashing alltogether.

I was barely, BARELY, able to recover the HD. For those of you, like me, who can't afford to waste £100 because some post-Beta pre-launch tester didn't do his *********** job properly, be warned.

FYI: Running on low settings across the board, with shadows turned completely off, Vsync enabled and nothing running in the background. GTS450 1gb HD GFX, 4G Ram, SB 2400 I5 + 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 32MB cache.

I've had many many MANY experiences with HD's blowing up in my face due to one thing or another, but never this badly.

Brand new Hard Drive, barely in my computer a week, no problems with it at all. Untill I started to play SWTOR, constant unresponsiveness caused by the client, which eventually lead to my HD crashing alltogether.

I was barely, BARELY, able to recover the HD. For those of you, like me, who can't afford to waste £100 because some post-Beta pre-launch tester didn't do his *********** job properly, be warned.

FYI: Running on low settings across the board, with shadows turned completely off, Vsync enabled and nothing running in the background. GTS450 1gb HD GFX, 4G Ram, SB 2400 I5 + 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 32MB cache.

out of a million so far, and you are it? Id say its a hardware issue, or the online dirties infected it. You will go blind you know if you watch too much of that.

I've never had a HDD blow up on me. You either don't know how to run your hardware or you buy used.

Software rarely causes hardware problems. The only time I've heard of softwear doing damage to a HDD is if you get a virus which causes it to repeatedly write to the disk.

I've fried 5 HD's in as many years.

What I meant by "Many experiences, but none as bad as this" is that it's always been a physical issue with the drive, another component in my build, or myself. I've never had a HD crash because of Software.

A game will not break your hard drive. If it broke, it was a bad drive.

It's ridiculous to think it has anything to do with SW:TOR. If it blew in a week, it was a lemon and would have died anyway. Stop trying to spread false rumors (or trolling, if that's what you're doing).

I've fried 5 HD's in as many years.

What I meant by "Many experiences, but none as bad as this" is that it's always been a physical issue with the drive, another component in my build, or myself. I've never had a HD crash because of Software.

.....then it's a good possibility that the drive itself was faulty if you're positive that it was nothing that you were doing this time....

Sorry dude :(