Penetrating Blasts Bug

NeoNSoNicXJR

In PVP when using a Marksmanship build on my Sniper Penetrating Blasts only fires 4 shots then reloads and doesnt apply reestablish range knockback when finished. After using Sniper Volley Penetrating Blasts fires all 5 shots and applies knockback effect like its supposed to. Basically, the devs need to fix the Penetrating Blasts ability to fire all 5 shots again like its supposed to and apply the Reestablish Range knockback when its picked in the specialization box.

• 3 weeks later...

Main reason for this is that god awful new pen blasts animation. The animation bugs out often, doesnt shoot all shots properly and doesnt even make the firing sound effect everytime. The original one when 3.0 came out was *far* superior and never had this bug either.

I pvp on my sniper also, please restore the original and superior animation and be done with it. easy fix.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Ok the knockback is fixed when you have reestablish range but it still fires 4 shots most of the time when sometimes it fires 5 after using sniper volley when its supposed to consistently fire 5 shots like before they changed the animation of penetrating blasts to the new one they have now. So basically before they touched the animation it would consistently fire 5 shots even after sniper volley and it would consistently knockback. now it rarely fires all 5 shots and just fires 4. change it to fire 5 shots when you use penetrating blasts. while series of shots stays 4. then everything is fixed.

Ok the knockback is fixed when you have reestablish range but it still fires 4 shots most of the time when sometimes it fires 5 after using sniper volley when its supposed to consistently fire 5 shots like before they changed the animation of penetrating blasts to the new one they have now. So basically before they touched the animation it would consistently fire 5 shots even after sniper volley and it would consistently knockback. now it rarely fires all 5 shots and just fires 4. change it to fire 5 shots when you use penetrating blasts. while series of shots stays 4. then everything is fixed.

Have you actually checked the combat log to verify 4 shots? I went through a bunch of my logs and there are 5 shots in the log every time

Keep in mind that the animation and sound effect of Penetrating Blasts usually does not match up with the activation time. I frequently only see/hear 2 shots before the channel is over, but the target is hit by the correct number of shots.

this is in pvp i fire penetrating blasts most if the time its 4 shots then after a sniper volley sometimes 5 shots. flytext shows like 4 damage numbers sometimes 5 but its bad. before the new animation it would never bug out they need to fix this sniper class breaking bug.

just pvp and you'll see its ****

Edited by NeoNSoNicXJR

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked again to see if this would be fixed in the 3.3 update. Still wonky in PvP usually fires 4 shots instead of all 5 shots. Is the Gunslinger variant of this move also like this? Penetrating Blasts is the series of shots upgrade you get at level 26 for marksmanship specialization.

Thanks.

Before you keep complaining do what this guy says. The animations/cast times usually don't line up.

Yup, I can say from looking at logs I've always seen 5 shots.

Also, if you're basing this off the knockback not applying to players, test it in /duels. But assuming its not working based on random warzone anecdotal evidence creates a few possibilities, including lag not properly updating player position (so they weren't within 10 meters on the last hit even if it appeared they were on your screen), or you not realizing they were white barred or had some sort of physics immunity buff up.

• 3 weeks later...

All you guys have to do is bring your marskmanship sniper into a pvp warzone to clearly see its a buggy 4 shots 90% of the time with a bad animation when before the devs messed with the marksmanship penetrating blasts animation it used to be 5 shots 100% of the time, with a working good animation.

So what im saying is the developers of the game need to finally fix this busted animation or roll back the animation so it always fires 5 shots.

Also dont give me this log BS its clearly broke and has been for a long time and anyone who pvps with a marksmanship sniper knows this.

anyone who pvps with a marksmanship sniper knows this.

I PvP pretty much exclusively with a MM sniper and I always get the last shot with the knockback.

I do agree, however, that the animation should be rolled back. The old animation shared with Series of Shots was superior to the horrible hand cannon thing we have right now.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...