SWTOR in 2014. Plan? Your Ideas?

NobleSpec

Swtor is doing well....at least better than it was a year from now. I commend Bioware on an excellent 2013.

There hasn't been any info for future expansions or plans.. So let's speculate!

What do you think will come next??? I hope for some story content myself. I know personal stories aren't on their drawing board at all- however lets at least see some story and dialogue!

Let's hear y'all's ideas!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be prepared for a ZERO class story content, paid expansions and a nice big healthy dose of content in the way of gambling packs. Everything is "extra" now and not covered by the hundreds and hundreds of dollars you've already spent on your subscription and Cartel Coins.

Be prepared for a ZERO class story content, paid expansions and a nice big healthy dose of content in the way of gambling packs. Everything is "extra" now and not covered by the hundreds and hundreds of dollars you've already spent on your subscription and Cartel Coins.

Why do you say so?

We just did get an expansion for free, we NEVER got any content in gambling packs and the story content was continually evolved.... not the SOLO story, but each addition had story to it... fully voiced.

Why do you say so?

We just did get an expansion for free, we NEVER got any content in gambling packs and the story content was continually evolved.... not the SOLO story, but each addition had story to it... fully voiced.

If you call GSF an expansion. But, I would say starting ver 2.3 BW introduced reasonable amount of content every patch. Makeb, IMO, was terrible and it was the only content since late 2012. till 2.3 in July 2013.

Why do you say so?

I would agree that GSF is a nice addition, a very welcome one. HOWEVER, it also comes with a huge amount of new "content" via the Cartel Market. Oh yes, I know. You don't even have to say it. All of the Cartel Market stuff is "Extra". I know. I don't need anything in there. But yeah. Notice the new "Starfighter" tab? It's just another vehicle for them to sell more Cartel Coins.

They have said more than once that individual story lines are dead. This is because that 99.9% of all new items added to the game have been via gambling packs.

Look, I get the F2P model. I understand how it can be good for games. But that's not what they've done here. If you personally feel that your loyalty as a customer and the money you pay each month should be directed at them developing more gambling packs and then telling you it's "extra" then you are happier with them than I am.

Look, I get the F2P model. I understand how it can be good for games. But that's not what they've done here. If you personally feel that your loyalty as a customer and the money you pay each month should be directed at them developing more gambling packs and then telling you it's "extra" then you are happier with them than I am.

I am working in the software development business, and I know that anything added to the cartel market requires practically NO work for a programmer any more. that part is done. It does however require graphic designer to create new models or textures.

Story content does not require a coder or artist at first... That creative work is done by totally different people. The implementation of the story then does require coder and artists.

Creating a new planet like Oricon or Czerka or Makeb did require a lot more artist work than the simple things we get in the cartel market. Please just stop acting as if the cartel market would keep the devs from doing any content work.

I am working in the software development business, and I know that anything added to the cartel market requires practically NO work for a programmer any more. that part is done. It does however require graphic designer to create new models or textures.

Story content does not require a coder or artist at first... That creative work is done by totally different people. The implementation of the story then does require coder and artists.

Creating a new planet like Oricon or Czerka or Makeb did require a lot more artist work than the simple things we get in the cartel market. Please just stop acting as if the cartel market would keep the devs from doing any content work.

Nah man, don't you know it's a conspiracy? They have 100 Devs that work hard 10 hours a day for the CM items, and have 1 Dev who pops in once every 2 or 3 months, waves his hand and says, "Let there be story", and the next expansion pack is left sitting on Bioware's table, fully voiced, coded and designed.

It's very, very clear that we all know more about running an MMO than Bioware does. We should be hired and the current Devs be kicked out.

:rolleyes:

OT: I would like them to try and do at least some (if not all) of these:

-Expand GSF to have a ton of maps and game-modes.

-Bring back class stories (hey, one can always dream right?)

-Incentivize Ranked PvP so that queue times become shorter and there's enough of a player base for matchmaking

-Introduce 3-4 Huttball Maps - Then make Huttball an E-sport and give it its own Ranked queues, leaderboards, stats (like goals, passes, intercepts, etc) and make it like a sports league

-Bring something, anything, that encourages large-scale OWPvP

-Bring at least 3 new Operations and 5 new Flashpoints.

-Work on HMs for the FPs that don't have that already, and work on NiM FPs

Long list, I know, but I totally want at least half those things.

Edited by EzioMessi

They have said more than once that individual story lines are dead. This is because that 99.9% of all new items added to the game have been via gambling packs.

No, pretty sure it's because there is nowhere else to go for the class storylines. Everyone got a nice ending, considering. There is nothing else left to do. Warrior becomes Wrath, The Knight killed the Emperor, Inquisitor joins the Dark Council etc. There's no real point of advancement for individual stories. And any type of Act 4 would have to render your character's status completely null and void for the sake of another rags-to-riches story or create some over the top threat that requires you to deal with. Makeb was the latter, operating under the Avengers-style Faction umbrella and while it worked for conveying a story without separating everyone via different instances, it drastically cut down on replayability.

It was sort of a lesser of two evils deal. Either continue Class stories, ruin your character for the sake of another journey and segregate the community during the leveling experience or discontinue the class stories in favor of faction stories, integrate the community and kill off replayability.

They weighed the options and went Avengers.

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

Duran'del here:

QQ

New content is new content. If armor looks cool, I'm happy.:p

Personally I hope there will be a Legacy/Quality of Life patch.

There are some things that really would be great additions to the game that can appeal to various players and help broaden the spectrum of the game.

So what types of things am I talking about?

- Player Housing. Don't care if it's in my ship or on a planet or whatever, but I think I am not the only one who would like something like this.

-Legacy bank. I am so sick of having to log around between toons to see who's got which mats and where some of my legacy bound armour pieces went. Make it sub only, legacy 50 for all I care but please bring it in.

- RP stuff like chat bubbles and new locations with seating areas (if adding it to old locations is too much work). Personally I don't RP much but these are two functions that I think will greatly add to the game to broaden it.

-Guild hang out. Guilds need a bit of love and a guild hangout instance would be a start. Also bigger guilds are hitting membership caps. But rather than expanding on that I think we need guild alliances. Some smaller guilds could get together or even bigger ones and maintain their indentity as a guild and still work closely together with other guilds with the advantage of an alliance roster and chat channel.

There's much more that can be done but I don't want to make a huge list here. I fully expect there to be new ops, new gear and level cap raises in the coming year. Also GSF will get more stuff added to it and I find it much more interesting than ground PvP at this stage, but broadening the view is good. Ground PvP would need a complete overhaul but not sure how realistic that is at this stage. Time will tell.

No, pretty sure it's because there is nowhere else to go for the class storylines. Everyone got a nice ending, considering. There is nothing else left to do. Warrior becomes Wrath, The Knight killed the Emperor, Inquisitor joins the Dark Council etc. There's no real point of advancement for individual stories. And any type of Act 4 would have to render your character's status completely null and void for the sake of another rags-to-riches story or create some over the top threat that requires you to deal with. Makeb was the latter, operating under the Avengers-style Faction umbrella and while it worked for conveying a story without separating everyone via different instances, it drastically cut down on replayability.

It was sort of a lesser of two evils deal. Either continue Class stories, ruin your character for the sake of another journey and segregate the community during the leveling experience or discontinue the class stories in favor of faction stories, integrate the community and kill off replayability.

They weighed the options and went Avengers.

Well, the Knight hasn't received full closure (being the only story I have finished yet, lemme elaborate).

-He killed the *Voice* of the Emperor, the Sith Warrior storyline says as much.

-When he returned to his ship, Kira talker about a friend who was still hearing the Voice. That could lead somewhere right?

And about Avengers style storyline, why can't they make it a bit different? We have all 4 heroes working towards the same goal. But through different means.

For example:

Goal - Killing the Emperor once and for all

-Knight:- Systematically eliminates most of the Dark Council

-Consular - Travels the galaxy to gather allies, including at least one Dark Council member who wants to betray the Emperor. The Consular should also get to kill a few Dark Councillors just because the Knight shouldn't have all the fun.

-Trooper - Leads various assaults on different planets controlled by the Empire.

-Smuggler - (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) I have heard he gets to control a fleet or corporation of his own or something in the end of Chapter III. Somehow make that fit into the whole thing.

The final mission is on DK, and *here* they all get together to kill the Emperor.

^^ That's just a basic outline, I expect Bioware to make something more complex than that if they want to call it a "story" XD

Personally I hope there will be a Legacy/Quality of Life patch.

There are some things that really would be great additions to the game that can appeal to various players and help broaden the spectrum of the game.

So what types of things am I talking about?

- Player Housing. Don't care if it's in my ship or on a planet or whatever, but I think I am not the only one who would like something like this.

-Legacy bank. I am so sick of having to log around between toons to see who's got which mats and where some of my legacy bound armour pieces went. Make it sub only, legacy 50 for all I care but please bring it in.

- RP stuff like chat bubbles and new locations with seating areas (if adding it to old locations is too much work). Personally I don't RP much but these are two functions that I think will greatly add to the game to broaden it.

-Guild hang out. Guilds need a bit of love and a guild hangout instance would be a start. Also bigger guilds are hitting membership caps. But rather than expanding on that I think we need guild alliances. Some smaller guilds could get together or even bigger ones and maintain their indentity as a guild and still work closely together with other guilds with the advantage of an alliance roster and chat channel.

There's much more that can be done but I don't want to make a huge list here. I fully expect there to be new ops, new gear and level cap raises in the coming year. Also GSF will get more stuff added to it and I find it much more interesting than ground PvP at this stage, but broadening the view is good. Ground PvP would need a complete overhaul but not sure how realistic that is at this stage. Time will tell.

Can't believe I forgot to mention Guild Bases and Player Housing in my list.

Edited by EzioMessi

That we take for granted, anything else is an icing on a cake.

HOWEVER, it also comes with a huge amount of new "content" via the Cartel Market. Oh yes, I know. You don't even have to say it. All of the Cartel Market stuff is "Extra". I know. I don't need anything in there. But yeah. Notice the new "Starfighter" tab? It's just another vehicle for them to sell more Cartel Coins.

to be fair, they ARE a business, their job is to make money and they will make features to help get money, like cartel market. Plus different teams are working on different things. Some are working on future pve stuff for example, others are assigned to cartel market, so one part of the game does not impede the other. Also, its easier and less time-consuming to design a piece of gear or a new speeder than to make a new flashpoint or op. Either way you can't get to mad at them for pushing the cartel market, after all, Bioware is still a business.

pvp is dying

Scounds are gimped

mass exodus upcoming in early 2014

wat ideas can i give w/o rustling the jimmies of the apologists?

Well, the best idea you can give is to fix the bloody Refer a Friend Exploit.

Anyone about to click on that link in his sig, don't, it is the exploit.

And what, you need a group of 4 to finish what has all along been a soloable story? I don't think so.

The Emperor is the one who defeated Revan and sucked the life out of 8k Sith. It took one of the strongest Jedi of the time to kill him, while he was in his "weakened" state. He's arguably the strongest Sith ever, second to Darth Sidious.

If they bring back the Emperor just to make him a solo boss, I'm gonna be pissed, and so are quite a lot of other people. Especially because it took what, 4 of us to kill Darth Malgus, the Emperor's (dis)loyal servant? And took 8 of us to kill a single one of the Dread Masters (Both in S&V and in the first of the Oricon Ops).

Make the Emperor a Flashpoint boss if not an Ops boss. I'd still not like it, but I won't be annoyed to no end about it. But solo killing the second-most powerful Sith ever is a big no.

Edited by EzioMessi

What they will do

Totally Free to play by the summer

More silly Arenas added

Zero balance

No new 8v8 stuff

More cartel things

More over priced mounts

What I want

More 8v8

RvR inspired open PvP giving factions bonus rewards(not just for pvpers but for server)

X-Servers

Arenas placed in to their own Q

Edited by DarthMaulUK

What they will do

Totally Free to play by the summer

More silly Arenas added

Zero balance

No new 8v8 stuff

More cartel things

More over priced mounts

What I want

More 8v8

RvR inspired open PvP giving factions bonus rewards(not just for pvpers but for server)

X-Servers

Arenas placed in to their own Q

We are getting a new Huttball map, doesn't the best of the 8v8 games count as new 8v8 stuff?

And yes, OWPvP and queue separation (along with the ability to queue for everything at the same time) would be a big thing.

We are getting a new Huttball map, doesn't the best of the 8v8 games count as new 8v8 stuff?

And yes, OWPvP and queue separation (along with the ability to queue for everything at the same time) would be a big thing.

soon™...

btw u should kno this but the intro of arenas is basically the phasing out of 8v8s in both ranked and eventually in total in regs

Edited by lStillWantMySWG

pvp is dying

Scounds are gimped

mass exodus upcoming in early 2014

wat ideas can i give w/o rustling the jimmies of the apologists?

You forgot:

The sky is falling

Soylent Green is PEOPLE!

The USA faked the moon landing

JFK still alive

So is Elvis

(Well, scoundrel DPS is gimped - but there is no mass exodus coming for any reason you could declare)

an expansion.

More of a mini game, like PvP.

Is there any story content in this "expansion"

Is there a level increase?

Are there any new planets we can go on?

Of course bioware have labelled it an expansion, but compared to other games this certainly isn't expansion size. And to you it may still be an expansion but to me it's an add on.