How does your character get along with their companions?

Jaiddyn

We talk about the love interests fairly often, but I thought it might be fun to see how people's characters view their various companions. Any companions, of course, including class, KotFE, etc.

Do they love them? Hate them? Want to toss them out an airlock?

How does your personal character define their relationship with the various companions they live, work, and deal with frequently?

For my Jedi Knight, who hasn't finished SOR yet, and currently just has the class companions. He himself is very Light Side, very strait-laced, and very serious about his 'job' as a peacekeeper, protector, and servant of the Light Side. So naturally that colors his interactions with his companions.

T7-01 - Jad, my Jedi Knight, finds Teeseven to be a good companion, if a little amusing in its child-like eagerness to be a hero. They normally get along pretty well and he trusts Teeseven about as much as he trusts anyone. He values his abilities and he considers him a valuable friend, definitely not a 'droid' in the sense of owning him.

Kira Carsen - Ah, Kira. Romance never happened because they conflict way too much on various topics of hers. He doesn't like her "Jedi are just better" outlook, but he knows she has a good heart and he's fond of her. It's just more a "brother-sister" kind of relationship than the romance it could have been. He's too uptight to get into her "Jedi should have more fun!" outlook at the moment. He's protective, serious about teaching her, and he definitely cares for her. Just not romantically at all.

Doc - Doc is the older brother poor Jad never wanted. If he's not getting into trouble, he's trying to drag my Knight off clubbing. That said, they don't often argue too much as Doc likes being a hero and Jad's desires are to help and protect people. It goes hand and hand pretty well in Doc's book apparently. Of course, he does have to keep an eye on Doc and make sure he's not chasing skirts, teasing Kira, or in general bringing strange women on the ship...

Sergeant Rusk - Rusk is actually one of Jad's favorite companions. Yes, Rusk is stiff, focused, and work-minded but so is Jad. They both enjoy 'not talking' too much, focusing on improving their skills, and defending people. So they actually mesh pretty well. Funnily enough, most of Rusk's 'disapproves' have been if Jad wants to take the front lines or put himself at risk.

Lord Scourge - Scourge is the oddest of Jad's group. He's an unrepentant Sith, enjoys teasing Jad in his deadpan way about how 'unlike' Jedi he really is, and similar things. On the other hand, he's honest about his intentions, hasn't lied, and has stood at his side when necessary. He's kind of falling into the slightly unsettling teacher that Jad isn't sure if he wants or not. I picture them have a mutual respect, but they definitely bash heads a lot due to Jad being very 'Light Side' and Scourge being incredibly frustrated that the Knight 'can't see reason'.

For my Female Sith Inquisitor/Assassin:

She's usually evil and stubborn, she doesn't like much of the Dark Side choices, because most of the times those choices damage the Empire she serves and lives. She's Dark I tier... She's now the Commander on Odessen, but she really is doubting about her destiny...

Her relations as she is:

Andronikos Revel: she clicked with revenge ideals with him since the first time they met. But she never liked him, she shocked him nearly everytime she felt it wise and never let him advance his hands beyond piloting the ship. She lost contact with him since Darth Marr's flagship was destroyed... she doesn't miss him.

Xalek: She trained him but it always was like those creepy one Word conversations... she found him after letting him recover the honor of his dead father...

Khem: She let Khem be khem and eat as he pleased of Jedi or Sith alike. She respects him, but she's somewhat unconfortable with him except when she menaces somebody of becoming Khem's next meal... Since she's on Odessen, she wonders about if he prefeers Knights of Zakuul, Sith or Jedi, perhaps the Force taste different on each one...

Talos Drellik: she's into history, but not that much. Amazed to find out about her ancestor "friend" of Tulak Hord, she went to study her lineage and Talos was great help to her, since then, she doesn't like much archeology and even less Colicoids (specially after Balmorra). But after their reunion on Yavin, they have returned to their hobby-relationship.

Ashara Zavros: She liked to tease her with the Jedi and philosophy of the Light Side of the Force, they played and liked to count stars and even pranks on Khem's food or Andronikos. But after Zakuul, she hasn't Heard of her friend, and she has been tempted to find her through the Underworld network, but she lacks the courage and time to do it...

My JC wonders where Nadia is. He's also worried that Iresso's mind-bomb of a holo activated without him around to defuse the situation.

My BH(es) wonder if Mako is okay, and would prefer to know exactly where Skadge is (just so they could space Skadge for barging in on their ships).

My JK(s) wonder if Scourge survived the Eternal Empire; and where Kira is. He's hoping Doc ans kept Rusk alive.

My SW(s) would still like to space Quinn. A lot. A lot, lot. One wonders about Jaesa, one is still peeved at her.

My SI(s) care only about power, and where Khem is meandering. They also would like to check up on a certain box, and make sure it ended up in a star somewhere... nicely incinerated. They also would like to eat a certain invisible companion who keeps meandering through dreamstates; it seems to them that they have a solution for Force Ghosts, and one is quite available running about the joint.

My IA.... eh. He's pretty much certain where everyone is, except Raina. And she was just a touch too... ah, emphatic in her loyalties.

Trooper wants to know where Elara wondered off to. And, he very much wants Vik back in line and to stop disgracing the uniform. One of them left him a smoking heap because of how Vik acted.

And, finally, last but not least, my Smuggler would really like to figure out how to keep Risha AND Akaavi happy. And explain a five year absence. With a story that doesn't sound like he went on a bender with Nico.

Rather than subject everyone to a massive wall of text post, I'm just going to cover the companions that warrant a strong opinion/reaction from how I've been playing my characters who have made it into KotFE to varying degrees.

Smuggler: Mine gets along famously with all her crew except Corso. She wasn't crazy about him tagging along after Ord Mantell, but was willing to at least see him get to Coruscant and give him a fistful of credits to start fresh since he'd lost everything on Ord Mantell as her once a year totally selfless act. For some reason or twisted cosmic whim, he keeps sticking around. As she's a fiercely proud and independent Sith Pureblood, Corso drives her up a wall with trying to impose his strange human values/opinions upon her. That he doesn't seem to grasp that his rules do not apply to her as a Pureblood is offensive to her especially since he's been so resistant to changing his stance. While she won't kill him if given the chance, she would be fine with dumping him in some city with a pile of credits to start over.

She hopes with what happened after getting frozen that Corso has finally moved on and away. She did click very well with Theron since they've both got a sackful of issues with her being a Pureblood not able enough in the Force to have made it through Korriban and had to escape to the Republic that she's not particularly loyal to at all and he's got his own family issues. She's only being the leader of the Alliance because of how she feels about Theron. The quicker she's able to get back to running her crime empire from Port Nowhere the better.

Sith Warrior: Her time on Korriban set her on the path of being a strong advocate of the Empire being in dire need of a Reformation. The stuff with Baras only reinforced her opinion that the greatest threats to the Empire are within itself unless there's serious change. So when Vowrawn and Marr started talking about an Empire fostered on the principals of unity and loyalty, she was on that bandwagon as a one woman brass band and took the Wrath position as a way to foster reform from a strong platform to actually achieve some progress. As far as her crew goes, she clicks with them all for the most part with Broonmark being the odd one out since while she gets his tagging along, he really doesn't mesh with the rest of the crew. As Pierce suggested, it doesn't hurt to have someone be fodder.

She did marry Quinn even with what happened in The Incident as she took it as another sign of just how screwed up the Empire is in it's current state, and if she and Malavai could get through that, then they were pretty much set as a couple for life. Despite the strong front she's presenting as leading the Alliance, inwardly she's a wreck. While she's refused Valkoryian's offers of power and didn't bow, he did play a number in her head with his mentioning love fading with distance and time. Not helping either is the best Intell people she knows, Lana and Theron have no idea what happened with her crew in five frikkin' years. She does feel guilty with not having Quinn with her on Marr's ship since she did feel that when they were together, their passion made them unstoppable against anything and look what happened when they were separated. She's going along with the leading the Alliance thing in part for the Empire but also to make a big enough Galactic Noise to draw any of her crew still kicking around back. With Quinn's letter, that he hasn't shown up yet has her scared that he's dead or worse and if it turns out he is dead, then she's going to drown the Zakuul Empire in the blood of it's people out of grief.

Bounty Hunter: Again, she's gotten along with her crew with Skadge being the one who doesn't fit. Soon as fate allows her, she's killing him off as he's everything that is against how she conducts business. She has no explanation as to how he was able to bull his way onto her ship when anyone else would've been shot soon as they stepped on the entry ramp. He's a waste of ship resources by just being there. As far as her crew's fate goes, while she is concerned for them, she also figured they all moved on to other things with her gone. If they come back, great, otherwise she wishes them well.

Imperial Agent: She's never been fond of Kaliyo and still wonders what spice Keeper was toking that made him think sticking Kaliyo with her was a good idea. Everything she does is complete opposite to what an Intell Agent needs to pull of a successful assignment. Scorpio's another one my Agent's iffy on since from her experiences, she knows regardless of what happens or is said, something bad will happen with Scorpio. The rest of the crew's fine and have their place for Intelligence assignments. Coming out of the carbonite, she's just been rolling with the punches while still being paranoid.

Well, I roleplay my characters, so it changes depending on what path I am taking, but the companions that can swing either way tend to be my favourites for this reason. Nadia is my favourite though, so of course she's not in game and neither is Jaessa lol, so whatever. I haven't romanced either of them. Edited by Viperswhip

My Wrath got along well with all his companions. Jaesa was his wife, but weirdly it was Vette who became his best friend.

Quinn, Peirce and Broonmark were all loyal and devoted to the Empire and his own personal cause (plus they all tended to appreciate his brutal ways of doing things), which earned his generosity. But after the incident with Quinn, his respect for him was permanently tarnished. He went from being proud to have him on his ship to tolerating his presence without complaining too much.

Edited by OldVengeance

We talk about the love interests fairly often, but I thought it might be fun to see how people's characters view their various companions. Any companions, of course, including class, KotFE, etc.

Do they love them? Hate them? Want to toss them out an airlock?

How does your personal character define their relationship with the various companions they live, work, and deal with frequently?

I assigned Xalek to deal with Koth I want him found brought back and made an example of. Aric Jorgan would be dead and his forces assigned to Major Pierce if given the option. Kaliyo is one my radar for punishment. Lana Beniko is about to get killed and replaced by Dr. Lokin. Senya and I are good, but I think she'll choose her children over me so I'll be looking for that betrayal soon enough. Especially since I told her Zakuul can lick my rear. T7 is scheduled for a memory wipe and loyalty reprogramming. Theron is my project to covert to be Imperial Intelligence with Dr. Lokin. Torian is a useful loyal asset. Vette is back in my good graces. My Warrior kept her in the shock collar, but she's gotten cooler since being freed. Darth Marr ghost sucks. Ak'ghal Usar is a cheap Khem Val and I want nothing to do with that fake clone. Blizz is cool. Bowdaar is fighting death battles. Broonmark got himself killed. Don't step to me boy. Dr. Lokin may have tried to kill me, but that earned my respect. He's in line to head after I off Lana. Qyzen Fess is a model trooper. Talos Drellik is my ever loyal researcher into artifacts and sith matters. Xalek my loyal Apprentice needs more work, Yuun is tool. Useful and loyal so far. Major Pierce is heading special ops.