Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lakemine's Avatar


Lakemine
05.25.2019 , 01:49 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Perhaps the gate would need to be more open to allow gearing slightly faster than i initially proposed, but i hope it doesnt allow people to gear up extremely fast for competitive balance, but also doesnt take forever to gear up either. People will use every possible trick and strategy they can find to tip the balance in their favor, so each of these methods need to be gated in some form. The system needs to be balanced for the player who players 18 hrs a day 5 days a week AND the player who plays 2-3 hrs a couple days a week. Its hard to create a system that maintains that balance, but its important for the health of the game.
Unfortunately that can never be. So the best thing to do is go for the lower casual people, because then they can get the gear in a timely manner that works for them and they are happy. The people who play more often are also happy because they get it faster. Now looking at balance and competitiveness? Imo, remove gear from pvp or put the bolster at max gear rating. That eliminates the gear difference of some people farmed it faster then others because they have more time and more alts. Then pvp is just about skill, knowledge and teamwork. And if the people who start crying that the gear comes to fast, there are other games? Also, there are not that many devs at Bioware and making new content takes time. They do not have the budget of Blizzard to put out a new xpac with multiple different new content every year. Honestly its great we are getting what we are getting now. Do I wish we ha more? Freaking heck yes. This is Star Wars, this should have a lot of funding to it but alas the bean counters say nught. So we have to make do with what we got.
I love Star Wars.

Lakemine's Avatar


Lakemine
05.25.2019 , 01:51 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
The last two days I've decided to grin and bear it , so I started playing GSF to try and get my 3 wins, hoping I got on a good team, after several matches I found myself finally getting the hang of combat, after upgrading my equipment on the ship it became even easier... now I'm kind of enjoying GSF where before I hated it with a passion....

I think they need to put in some tutorial where you can fight against PvE opponents so you can get the hang of flying and what not..
I don't dislike it. The only issue I have with GSF, is queue times. I can complete like 2-4 planets of heroics before one pops. (And not just Ord Mantell, Coruscant and Ilum, like Tatooine, Nar Shadda and Hoth)
I love Star Wars.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
05.26.2019 , 05:55 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
The game doesnt cant decipher what is the most optimal relic for your specific build. Just because one person wants mastery/power relics doesnt mean the next person does. While your experience and expectations may feel ephemeral mending and crit are wasted relics, the guy beside you might actually be happy he got those. Besides, you can disintegrate them anyways.
This is simply not true. Literally every class/spec guide you read will tell you to wear Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault. Even the tank guides tell you to wear these two relics.
So who is this "guy beside me" that is happy he got an Ephemeral Mending relic? I've never met him nor heard of him. I can only assume he is new to the game, and simply doesn't know any better.

Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
This is still RNG that the boss will drop the itemin the first place, then RNG that you will win. You cant escape RNG in a game like this.
Yes, I was trying to explain to you the difference in types of (seemingly) acceptable RNG versus non-acceptable RNG.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
05.27.2019 , 07:58 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
This is simply not true. Literally every class/spec guide you read will tell you to wear Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault. Even the tank guides tell you to wear these two relics.
So who is this "guy beside me" that is happy he got an Ephemeral Mending relic? I've never met him nor heard of him. I can only assume he is new to the game, and simply doesn't know any better



Yes, I was trying to explain to you the difference in types of (seemingly) acceptable RNG versus non-acceptable RNG.
There are many different ways to enjoy a game.

Sareeph's Avatar


Sareeph
05.27.2019 , 08:54 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
This is simply not true. Literally every class/spec guide you read will tell you to wear Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault. Even the tank guides tell you to wear these two relics.
So who is this "guy beside me" that is happy he got an Ephemeral Mending relic? I've never met him nor heard of him. I can only assume he is new to the game, and simply doesn't know any better.



Yes, I was trying to explain to you the difference in types of (seemingly) acceptable RNG versus non-acceptable RNG.
Are you trying to say that because someone number crunched the optimal items/stats for each spec, that items/mods that don't conform to the optimal are not acceptable? Iirc, Musco said that drop rates were going to increase in 6.0 but they may not be what is best for that toon. That they could be transferred to another being that they will be Legacy. With that in mind, I don't think your idea of trimming drops to meet optimal stats will become a reality.


On a side note, some times that use relic for a tank does come in handy for the extra cooldown. Not everything needs be on the healers.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
05.28.2019 , 10:16 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
There are many different ways to enjoy a game.
Not sure what you're responding to.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sareeph View Post
Are you trying to say that because someone number crunched the optimal items/stats for each spec, that items/mods that don't conform to the optimal are not acceptable? Iirc, Musco said that drop rates were going to increase in 6.0 but they may not be what is best for that toon. That they could be transferred to another being that they will be Legacy. With that in mind, I don't think your idea of trimming drops to meet optimal stats will become a reality.
The problem is that it is in a loot box with other non-relic items, yet there are 5? different relics you could win as a DPS. Depending how it is weighted, that could mean you have a 5 in 8 chance of getting a relic whenever you open the crate. RIP leg, waist, foot.

As for the relics, if there is a possibility of 5 different relics you could win, the odds of you getting the one you want are considerably lower than for the other loot boxes. For example, if you open a Tech box as a DPS, you will get the same MH, OH, Headpiece, or Ear every single time. You have a 1 in 4 chance of getting the exact item you want.

And finally, if the devs would allow us to upgrade a 252 relic to any other 258 relic at the vendor, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Quote:
On a side note, some times that use relic for a tank does come in handy for the extra cooldown. Not everything needs be on the healers.
The Shrouded Crusader Relic is pretty good -- if you want something you have to remember to click. The point I was trying to make to Oleg is that people are not as likely to want an Ephemeral Mending or Devastating Vengeance as a Serendipitous Assault and Focused Retribution.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

kirorx's Avatar


kirorx
05.28.2019 , 10:50 AM | #127
I dont do any of that Ossus weekly stuff anymore. Its just plain lame.

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
05.28.2019 , 11:06 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Not sure what you're responding to.
There is no cookie cutter build in the game. In fact, BW has done a very good job to make sure players have a large variety of things to customize. Including stats and effects.

Quote:
The problem is that it is in a loot box with other non-relic items, yet there are 5? different relics you could win as a DPS. Depending how it is weighted, that could mean you have a 5 in 8 chance of getting a relic whenever you open the crate. RIP leg, waist, foot.

As for the relics, if there is a possibility of 5 different relics you could win, the odds of you getting the one you want are considerably lower than for the other loot boxes. For example, if you open a Tech box as a DPS, you will get the same MH, OH, Headpiece, or Ear every single time. You have a 1 in 4 chance of getting the exact item you want.
Actually, there is 1 in 6 chance u get what you want with the Tech box, because there are different types of ear pieces.

But i think the important questions are:

Is it truly affecting your ability to play the game the way you want?
Is it likely that BW is going to go back to the old code and change the way they work?

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
05.28.2019 , 11:31 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
There is no cookie cutter build in the game. In fact, BW has done a very good job to make sure players have a large variety of things to customize. Including stats and effects.


Actually, there is 1 in 6 chance u get what you want with the Tech box, because there are different types of ear pieces.

But i think the important questions are:

Is it truly affecting your ability to play the game the way you want?
Is it likely that BW is going to go back to the old code and change the way they work?
All I can do is try to influence how a system is implemented in 6.0 by pointing out the flaws in the current system. I don't expect anything to change until then. Thankfully Musco has already mentioned things like slot-bound mods are not likely to be continued in the future.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.