Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 8 Class Storylines?

Rolodome
10.27.2016 , 11:22 PM | #31
I don't remember what I ordered them in the past. Off-hand, I'd say:

1) Sith Warrior.
2) Sith Warrior.
3) Sith Warrior.
4) Smuggler.
5) Smuggler.
6) Sith Warrior.
7) Jedi Knight.
8) Bounty Hunter.
9) Imperial Agent.
10) Sith Warrior.
11) Smuggler.
12) Troo- just kidding, Sith Warrior again. Got you.
13) Jedi Consular.
14) Trooper.
15) Sith Inquisit- sykeSithWarriorSmuggler.
16) Mass Effect 3 ending.
17) Skyrim intro.
18) Sith Inquisitor.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Aeneas_Falco
10.28.2016 , 01:12 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Play female.
This.

Jedi Consular is the class with the biggest performance gap between the male and female versions, and the female version is the better acted of the two.

I'd also recommend going light side. The light side path is better executed than dark side.

Cuiwe
10.28.2016 , 07:30 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowsentinel View Post
Why everybody loves SI story so much? It's pretty much makes you Sorcerer story-wise even if you play Assassin (why would Assassin need all this ritual and force ghost nonsense?) and this professional deus ex machina Kallig makes me cringe (seriously, the only reason why SI was picked by Zash is his presence in Dark Temple and he's interference only reason why SI's body wasn't taken by Zash or torn to pieces by force ghost in tomb where Thanaton sends SI to die).
Because it's a power fantasy distilled to its most pure degree. The only better thing would be an RPG where you play as Palpatine himself. This is how I'd correlate them:

Jedi Knight = A Hero's story // Luke etc
Jedi Consular = Quite philosophical // Jean-Luc Picard with a lightsabre.
Trooper = More grounded and action version of JK // Rambo, Mass Effect etc
Smuggler = Comedy / Crime story // Han Solo, Lando Calrissian(Han is Light leaning, Lando Dark leaning)

Sith Warrior = A slave with delusions of grandeur...errr I mean, Vader, yes. A lot of politics and power plays.
Sith Inquisitor = A power fantasy / per aspera ad astra / Palpatine
Bounty Hunter = Tech Western(For a few Dollars more / Jango's origin story etc inspired) - too bad that for a TECH WESTERN, it DOES NOT HAVE a dedicated GUN DISCIPLINE(fml really Bioware? O.o)
Imperial Agent = A typical spy story-it even has its Ernst Stavro! // James Bond, Jason Bourne, Jack Bauer etc
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Shadowsentinel
10.28.2016 , 07:40 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
Sith Inquisitor = A power fantasy / per aspera ad astra / Palpatine
More like na´ve child stumbling around.
'Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity.'

Rolodome
10.28.2016 , 09:28 AM | #35
Because it's a power fantasy distilled to its most pure degree.
When you said this, I thought you were talking about Sith Warrior lol.

I guess perceptions vary. SI is the one that feels like a slave to me (cause your character starts as one). I guess if you count shocking people with lightning, it's power fantasy, but a lot of what you do (as has been pointed out to me in the past) is someone else's idea. SW, in my view, has a lot more moments of independence, where it feels like you're on your own, making your own decisions.

Cuiwe
10.28.2016 , 09:51 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post

I guess perceptions vary. SI is the one that feels like a slave to me (cause your character starts as one). I guess if you count shocking people with lightning, it's power fantasy, but a lot of what you do (as has been pointed out to me in the past) is someone else's idea. SW, in my view, has a lot more moments of independence, where it feels like you're on your own, making your own decisions.
Not at all. SW is like the ultimate slave. Even when it's time for his "chains to be broken"(start act 3), someone else comes and orders / lords SW arounds(Hands in this case). And his reply to basically everything: "YES, MY LORD".

Meanwhile, SI uases others to the highest degree. He uses the ideas, the forms and the very essences of others to twist them as he sees it fit. He did become a slave...an impetus that gave a huge boost to his power. There is a very subtle(but YUGE) difference when SW and SI say "Yes, my Lord". SW says it out of obedience, almost Samurai-like bushido way of looking at things(but, cross him and die). SI meanwhile lets you pass so he could better manipulate and backstab you.

Off the point, but I never(ok he was cool when I was a child /meh) understood the appeal of that ultimate slave Vader. I mean, he was even a slave to his suit of armour ffs! "It's good to be a slave" . Oh and while we're at it, "it helps to have a map". Equal nonsense, really.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Shadowsentinel
10.28.2016 , 10:15 AM | #37
Not at all. SW is like the ultimate slave. Even when it's time for his "chains to be broken"(start act 3), someone else comes and orders / lords SW arounds(Hands in this case). And his reply to basically everything: "YES, MY LORD".

Meanwhile, SI uases others to the highest degree. He uses the ideas, the forms and the very essences of others to twist them as he sees it fit. He did become a slave...an impetus that gave a huge boost to his power. There is a very subtle(but YUGE) difference when SW and SI say "Yes, my Lord". SW says it out of obedience, almost Samurai-like bushido way of looking at things(but, cross him and die). SI meanwhile lets you pass so he could better manipulate and backstab you.

Off the point, but I never(ok he was cool when I was a child /meh) understood the appeal of that ultimate slave Vader. I mean, he was even a slave to his suit of armour ffs! "It's good to be a slave" . Oh and while we're at it, "it helps to have a map". Equal nonsense, really.
Stop trolling plz.
'Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity.'

SithKoriandr
10.28.2016 , 10:36 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post

A lot of what you do on all the classes is someone else's idea. It the problem with the game. They could have worded it as your characters ideas, but they may have been afraid that wouldn't be considered a choice. So, they have NPCs give you options and you go with one, even if all the options lead to the same point/choice.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Rolodome
10.28.2016 , 10:41 AM | #39

Well, like I said, perceptions vary. The bottom line is...

I've never felt like a slave playing SW.

I've felt like a downtrodden, worthless piece of **** playing SI.

As for why, the SW basically dominates anyone and everyone throughout the entire story. He doesn't even get bested in battle by:
Spoiler

And if you follow the SW story to its final culmination in expansion content:
Spoiler

I look at it kind of like this... the SW is like a sharp blade with no handle. You can't enslave the SW any more than you can wrap your hands around an unprotected blade without bleeding. You can, however, try to get it to hack where you want it to hack. But if you try to destroy it or dominate it, it may cut you in the process.

And I mean, that's more or less what Vader was like. The prequel lore (much as I hate those movies) supports this: Vader became the Emperor's enforcer because of unchecked bitterness, anger, abandonment, and self-loathing. He was never a slave to the Emperor and he proved that at the end of RotJ.

Rolodome
10.28.2016 , 12:07 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
A lot of what you do on all the classes is someone else's idea. It the problem with the game. They could have worded it as your characters ideas, but they may have been afraid that wouldn't be considered a choice. So, they have NPCs give you options and you go with one, even if all the options lead to the same point/choice.
True dat. Making a player feel like they have a choice in an on-the-rails RPG truly is an artform all its own.