Light and Dark Side choices

perfect

Is there a comprehensive list detailing the difference betwixt Light and Dark Side choices?

Not the actual dialogue choices, but, like, what do I get if I go Light as opposed to Dark? I understand that it affects weapon colouration and some Companion options but is there more? If not, is there a list detailing just those rewards and perks?

Thank you for your time.

I'm not sure if there's a list but what you have down so far seems accurate. To add it can change your facial look, ie more dark choices more evil your faces gets. Also type of gear you can get. Light and Dark gear seem equal in stats however just different in looks.

There is quite a bit of vendor gear that requires a certain amount of light or dark side points (i.e. Dark level 1, Light level 2, etc). However, at least on every vendor I saw in Beta, there is an equivalent light side and dark side item on every vendor, so it doesn't matter which side you pick. However, once you pick a side, you should really stick to that side, because your Dark/Light level is based on your total alignment, which is the difference between your light and dark side points. So, if you flip-flop around and pick some light side and some dark side choices, you'll wind up with a neutral alignment, and unable to equip either item. So, pick Light or Dark and run with it, you'll be fine.

Is there a comprehensive list detailing the difference betwixt Light and Dark Side choices?

Not the actual dialogue choices, but, like, what do I get if I go Light as opposed to Dark? I understand that it affects weapon colouration and some Companion options but is there more? If not, is there a list detailing just those rewards and perks?

Thank you for your time.

It would seem that being dark or light side will be a dependent on certain quests and vendors. For instance, from what I've seen there are a light side and dark side vendors, where you can buy items that are restricted only to a certain "tier" of dark/light side characters.

It should also be noted that the companion's have an affection level towards you, and they rarely think of things as light or dark, so you may be split in a decision on whether or not to lose affection and gain dark/light side points, or take the hit to your morality and have your companion love you a bit more.

The gear that only requires rank 1 or 2 of a certain alignment, is that just mid-lvl gear or is there endgame special gear that for those people aswell?

Because I like the idea of looking a little corrupt (rank 2), but I dont wanna look like *complete* batsh*t (rank 5)... Gollum :rolleyes:

Edited by Yandrick

The gear that only requires rank 1 or 2 of a certain alignment, is that just mid-lvl gear or is there endgame special gear that for those people aswell?

Usually, end-game stuff requires more definite adherence to LS or DS.

There are surprises promised for stricktly neutral characters, but no solid info.

Because I like the idea of looking a little corrupt (rank 2), but I dont wanna look like *complete* batsh*t (rank 5)... Gollum :rolleyes:

In latest Beta, you could disable "dark-side-corruption-appearance".