So it become the worst release in modern MMO time.

Mamono

What where BioWare and AE thinking about? Did they have no precausjon to make the release as good as possible? Have they not learned anything from other MMO’s and what they did wrong?

Lets see….

No grace timer on DC’s.

If you end up DC’ing you end up at the wery end of the queue. Sucks to be you then :s

No character transfer system in the game from release. They KNEW that there would be queues, so why have they not made this an option? Every freaking MMO game in the world has some form for queue problem. BioWare should have known this from the beginning.

Queue problem.

In early access we got a look in how they handled the queue. They could not handle it.

I was complaining about it but ½ of the people were saying, stop whining, at lunch they will open all the servers for max population. The queue will be acceptable then.

Right, we see how well that went.

If BioWare even had an idea about what queues other MMO’s have been through, they did a terrible job of trying to prevent it on their MMO.

Then there is the player support.

Still no e-mail support when it comes to account problems. You just get an automatically mail saying that you have to call the support or not get any help at all.

Still no toll free phone to others then UK, France and Germany so the cost of that call my be quite a surprise do to extreme phone queue time.

Then you have the in game stuff like UI etc etc.

They have tried to go their own way, but by doing so they have made things bad. A fresh person coming into the world of MMO would probably accept it as it is, but most of the players are experienced MMO players. They WILL bring with them experience and ideas from other games and compare SWToR against that game. BioWare trying to invent the wheel again, but not by improving it, but by making it square. It works, but by god it is a bad ride.

BioWare do have a team working on the UI now, but what have they done up to now? Extended summerholyday?

Forum:

The forum is working on ½ machine. Should have been up and running from day 1 in release.

A few days ago I said all this will happen but people keept saying. Wait to release and everything will straighten out.

You are playing early access, whitch is the same as an Beta, abig patch will be done on release so many of the bugs and problems in the game will be gone.

Where is that dame patch? I can’t see any…..

So in basic. Early access game is the same game as release game.

BioWare, /boot to the head.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What where BioWare and AE thinking about? Did they have no precausjon to make the release as good as possible? Have they not learned anything from other MMO’s and what they did wrong?

Lets see….

No grace timer on DC’s.

If you end up DC’ing you end up at the wery end of the queue. Sucks to be you then :s

No character transfer system in the game from release. They KNEW that there would be queues, so why have they not made this an option? Every freaking MMO game in the world has some form for queue problem. BioWare should have known this from the beginning.

Queue problem.

In early access we got a look in how they handled the queue. They could not handle it.

I was complaining about it but ½ of the people were saying, stop whining, at lunch they will open all the servers for max population. The queue will be acceptable then.

Right, we see how well that went.

If BioWare even had an idea about what queues other MMO’s have been through, they did a terrible job of trying to prevent it on their MMO.

Then there is the player support.

Still no e-mail support when it comes to account problems. You just get an automatically mail saying that you have to call the support or not get any help at all.

Still no toll free phone to others then UK, France and Germany so the cost of that call my be quite a surprise do to extreme phone queue time.

Then you have the in game stuff like UI etc etc.

They have tried to go their own way, but by doing so they have made things bad. A fresh person coming into the world of MMO would probably accept it as it is, but most of the players are experienced MMO players. They WILL bring with them experience and ideas from other games and compare SWToR against that game. BioWare trying to invent the wheel again, but not by improving it, but by making it square. It works, but by god it is a bad ride.

BioWare do have a team working on the UI now, but what have they done up to now? Extended summerholyday?

Forum:

The forum is working on ½ machine. Should have been up and running from day 1 in release.

A few days ago I said all this will happen but people keept saying. Wait to release and everything will straighten out.

You are playing early access, whitch is the same as an Beta, abig patch will be done on release so many of the bugs and problems in the game will be gone.

So in basic. Early access game is the same game as release game.

BioWare, /boot to the head.

+1

atm there is like 0% chance to suscribe for this game, im still undecided if i wanna put my redeem code now or wait for awhile and use it when the game is getting polished

Edited by Razvaa

I do understand the points you've made (and agree with many of them) but I don't think it's any better or any worse than other MMO launches.

But tha'ts just my opinion.

I do however find their Customer Service appalling.

Edited by Xerda

Age of Conan was worse by far. This is one of the best releases I've experienced. Queue times are the only serious issue, but once you're playing it's epic.

Edit: Because my response implied that I thought this release was bad.

Edited by Ainotna

My friends and I have been playing since before 9am (UK time) with no server queues, no lag, just 100% fun. I must disagree entirely with the OP. I was on a heavily populated server during the early access, called Legions of Lettow. I tried to log in one day and there was a 2 and a half hour queue so I switched to a light pop server.

Excellent! Two less whiners in the game...

But seriously, this is FAR from the "worst release in modern MMO time". The other MMO that this is being compared to--the one with the initials W. O. W.--Had a rough start as well. And the worst release in modern MMO time is obviously FFXIV.

No grace timer for DCs. Ummm... almost no games do this. If your game drops and you reload, guess wha, it's a new instance of the game.

No transfer system. Yeah, no games have this upon release since they companies tend to be more concerned with trivial things like server stability, bug fixes, load balancing....

Queue problems. Normal. This allows companies to better load balance based on the trending of how many people are playing, and what play style they lean towards. This has been addressed by Bioware already on why they are doing things the way they are.

No player support. There is player support. Yes, it is slow. But considering they are launching a brand new game, is it really a surprise that support would be slow at this point? No. Choosing to play pre-release means you accept the minor inconveniences.

UI/misc. Changes like this come along once things have become more stable. Most people can live with the defaults while the companies make things better and more stable. These are perks. Not necessities. The game works just fine as is.

Forum. It's a forum. It has been working since Alpha.

Release vs early access. Unless you're truly blind, the game is MUCH better than it was. Many bugs have been fixed. Many problems/complaints have been either addressed or fixed. You either live with it, or don't play. Simple as that.

did you really believe what the apologetic fanbois and brown nosers were saying?

Its not even "lunch" yet...geez some people are so cranky before they eat

You can tell how perfect this launch is by the fact that people do NOT complain about crashing servers, buggy quests, un-polished content...

the only complain is... "let me get in there to play now... i cant wait...."

For me... best launch in history.

Edited by Atredes