Need help with Assault on Tython bug?

I've been trying to do this on story mode for a very long time now. I'm level 57 so the fix for this bug about reaching level 55 is no use to me. I've come to a conclusion that when I start the flashpoint it's on veteran mode and there's no way I can change this. I've abandoned multiple times and reset the phase but nothing works. The thing is though it doesn't say veteran in the title of the flashpoint which really confuses me because every other flashpoint has [VETERAN] in the title if I play it on veteran. I know for a fact it's on veteran though because enemies are really hard to kill, I don't get a support droid and my friend can't enter the flashpoint when we group up because we're on different difficulties. As I said before I can't change this and I can't progress in the story because of this and would really appreciate some help.

I've been trying to do this on story mode for a very long time now. I'm level 57 so the fix for this bug about reaching level 55 is no use to me. I've come to a conclusion that when I start the flashpoint it's on veteran mode and there's no way I can change this. I've abandoned multiple times and reset the phase but nothing works. The thing is though it doesn't say veteran in the title of the flashpoint which really confuses me because every other flashpoint has [VETERAN] in the title if I play it on veteran. I know for a fact it's on veteran though because enemies are really hard to kill, I don't get a support droid and my friend can't enter the flashpoint when we group up because we're on different difficulties. As I said before I can't change this and I can't progress in the story because of this and would really appreciate some help.

First: right-click your character portrait and find the difficulty setting and move it from Veteran to Story.

Second: if there's a mission for the flashpoint itself, abandon it. (Not the Forged Alliances mission that says to complete the flashpoint, but the one given as you enter the flashpoint.

Third: right-click your character portrait and use the "reset phases" command.

I'm not guaranteeing that the above will help, but it's a good place to start.

• 2 weeks later...

I played this mission yesterday on my level 70 Inquisitor in solo mode. I right clicked my portrait and double checked it also said story mode. I thought it was really odd that I did not get a droid assistant. I got to the point where you have to kill the boss in the center of the room and quickly died 2 or 3 times. It would not allow me to use the special legacy attacks either. So I gave up and abandoned all the related missions to this flashpoint.

So there must be a bug because I was on story difficulty and did not get a companion and the NPC were very difficult.