Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do i get more fps/less lag while in a warzone

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How do i get more fps/less lag while in a warzone

snave
09.22.2019 , 07:53 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I mean, I get 144hz 98% of the time. It hard drops down to 30-40 sometimes depending on whats going on, but its not exactly impossible to get good fps in the game despite how poorly optimized it is.
So it'll be easy for you to fulfill that guys request then right?

TrixxieTriss
09.22.2019 , 11:05 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by invertioN View Post
Please show me a video of you having 120 fps in combat with several people. I'll be waiting.

And no, he will not have 100 fps in a warzone on a 2700x no matter what option gymnastics he does.
I’ve nothing to prove to you. I was offering some tech advice to help someone.

You will note he said “with max settings”. So my advise is to turn them down if he wants better FPS

I also don’t have a 144hz monitor, but I do run 3x 24” 1080p @ 5760x1080 and my FPS in WZs never drops below 100FPS. Out side of WZs at the “pvp settings” I use, it sits around 200FPS. If I turn my settings to max there is of course a FPS hit.

I also don’t use a AMD 2700x, I’ve a i7 5770k, but that doesn’t mean he can’t get higher FPS by reducing the settings as I’ve stated.

None of my suggestions are invalid, he will get better performance by turning off enhanced shadows, all shadow settings, turning off bloom and even reducing grass and tree render distance.

I did some recent testing of the graphical settings on the PTS to see how much of a performance hit their changes have made and give Bioware some feed back. Testing in both live and PTS have shown me that enhanced shadows and shadows in general are the biggest degrader in performance because they aren’t optimised properly. Bloom is also a large degrader in performance.
If you doubt what I’m saying, do you own testing following my methodology and provide your own results. Remember to list every part of your system setup so we can compare apples to apples.
Spoiler

TrixxieTriss
09.22.2019 , 11:10 PM | #13
I have a 2080ti and a 9900k and I still dip down into the 30's sometimes. The game is still running on directx9 thus it doesn't matter how good your pc is since its limited by what the engine is running on.
That shouldn’t be happening with your system. Are you running all settings at max when that happens? Ie enhanced shadows on etc? Do you run a 1080p, 144hz or 4K monitor?
Are you streaming or running other software or apps when this happens?
And what have you got the 9900k clocked at?

Raansu
09.23.2019 , 11:07 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
That shouldn’t be happening with your system. Are you running all settings at max when that happens? Ie enhanced shadows on etc? Do you run a 1080p, 144hz or 4K monitor?
Are you streaming or running other software or apps when this happens?
And what have you got the 9900k clocked at?
Of course it should be happening. How good your system is has no bearing on this games general performance. I get 144fps the majority of the time, but this games limitations due to directx9 means I'm going to have frame drops happen when there's a lot going on the screen regardless of what graphical settings I use because the game is only using like 20% of my GPU and it loves to max out one core of my CPU because, again, directx 9 limitations...

General play and even pvp my fps is stable most of the time. 16 man raids? Forget it. Its a stuttering crap shoot no matter what graphical setting is set and its been like that for every build I've had which since launch of the game has been 4 different pc builds.

merovejec
09.23.2019 , 12:24 PM | #15
I’ve a 5770k, 16GB Ram, 512GB SSD and a GTX 1080
For being in the computer business I would expect you having something better
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

Raansu
09.23.2019 , 01:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
I feel like he meant 4770k because I don't believe there was ever a 5770 released. My last build was a 5820k which was a pretty decent chip after being overclocked.

TrixxieTriss
09.23.2019 , 07:53 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Why? I’m playing swtor and WoW, it’s not like a better system will improve performance any.

Maybe if something better and more intensive comes along I’ll upgrade, otherwise it’s just a waste of money.

FYI, I do upgrade my other equipment more often and just got Fibre laid through the house and a new server and router setup.

TrixxieTriss
09.23.2019 , 07:58 PM | #18
I feel like he meant 4770k because I don't believe there was ever a 5770 released. My last build was a 5820k which was a pretty decent chip after being overclocked.
Sorry, I added an extra 7 by mistake it is a 5700k, not 4770k and my wife uses my older 4790k. All are overkill for swtor

betaku
09.24.2019 , 05:24 AM | #19
Sorry, I added an extra 7 by mistake it is a 5700k, not 4770k and my wife uses my older 4790k. All are overkill for swtor
you mean 6700K, there is any 5700K.
Bëtrave - Sniper Beta'luna - Gunslinger
Pîxy - MarauderToutesttaku - Sentinel
Darth Malgus
Gaming Rig

invertioN
09.24.2019 , 10:13 AM | #20
None of my suggestions are invalid, he will get better performance by turning off enhanced shadows, all shadow settings, turning off bloom and even reducing grass and tree render distance.
I actually think your suggestions were excellent.

I just don't want people to come and get the wrong expectations that they can run 100 fps in combat in pvp, and then wonder is something wrong with their system when they don't get the expected result.

I'm ignoring what OC'd 9900k can do though, as I don't have experience with that. I'm running 8700k and it's impossible to hold 100 fps constantly, and almost never in combat.
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU