Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do i get more fps/less lag while in a warzone

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How do i get more fps/less lag while in a warzone

Mqnqcles
09.17.2019 , 03:22 AM | #1
With my 2560x1440 screen a 1080 ti and a ryzen i7 2700x i still cant get more than 40 fps with max settings
do i change settings? or just keep it like this with 40 fps

BonnerFett
09.17.2019 , 08:43 AM | #2
Is there a way to monitor your FPS in game?

Delani
09.17.2019 , 11:18 AM | #3
Trust me, its not you or your computer. This game is very poorly optimized

Raansu
09.17.2019 , 11:25 AM | #4
I have a 2080ti and a 9900k and I still dip down into the 30's sometimes. The game is still running on directx9 thus it doesn't matter how good your pc is since its limited by what the engine is running on.

Mqnqcles
09.18.2019 , 07:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BonnerFett View Post
Is there a way to monitor your FPS in game?
yes click ctrl+shift+F

MandoMetal
09.19.2019 , 10:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Delani View Post
Trust me, its not you or your computer. This game is very poorly optimized
Basically this. It might be your PC in part, but you can sink like 4k+ in a PC and still lag in this game
- All-Galaxy Roleplayer

"I may be hetero bud... but I'll blast you with so much KappaPride, it'll make ur gendr spin"

TrixxieTriss
09.20.2019 , 01:35 AM | #7
I’ve a 5700k, 16GB Ram, 512GB SSD and a GTX 1080
For pvp I turn my settings down to maximise performance. I get 120-180 FPS

The best solution for PvP is to turn down and off some graphics settings.

Turn of Enhanced Shadow (it should give you an extra 20+ FPS)
Turn of Shadow Quality totally and this will disable shadow cascades too (this will give you another 20+ FPS) and make the game more smooth
Turn off bloom as this also causes a drop in FPS and isn’t needed in pvp.

If you aren’t getting 120-180 FPS after that, then you can try reducing some of the other settings.
Start with grass and tree viewing distance (I use 30%)
Then Antialiasing.
Once you get a reasonable FPS, start increase something’s till you get it balanced between performance and best looking.

Akevv
09.21.2019 , 11:53 PM | #8
I wish they'd allow us to turn down (or off) the particle effects. So many of them are overwrought. When my force bubble pops, it basically blanks the screen. Turning off bloom helps with speed, but really, its the crazy particle effects and the -very old- client software that doesn't take advantage of modern processors or graphics cards that slows things down.

If you select 'medium' or 'low' settings from the overall pulldown preset button, you should get a reasonable shot at being able to tweak performance. The high and ultra setting tend to set things that aren't really necessary for gameplay, like grass draw distance. You can have a look at how your framerate is doing by pressing space+cntl+f all at once. Good luck!

invertioN
09.22.2019 , 12:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’ve a 5770k, 16GB Ram, 512GB SSD and a GTX 1080
For pvp I turn my settings down to maximise performance. I get 120-180 FPS

The best solution for PvP is to turn down and off some graphics settings.

Turn of Enhanced Shadow (it should give you an extra 20+ FPS)
Turn of Shadow Quality totally and this will disable shadow cascades too (this will give you another 20+ FPS) and make the game more smooth
Turn off bloom as this also causes a drop in FPS and isn’t needed in pvp.

If you aren’t getting 120-180 FPS after that, then you can try reducing some of the other settings.
Start with grass and tree viewing distance (I use 30%)
Then Antialiasing.
Once you get a reasonable FPS, start increase something’s till you get it balanced between performance and best looking.
Please show me a video of you having 120 fps in combat with several people. I'll be waiting.

And no, he will not have 100 fps in a warzone on a 2700x no matter what option gymnastics he does.
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

Raansu
09.22.2019 , 03:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by invertioN View Post
Please show me a video of you having 120 fps in combat with several people. I'll be waiting.

And no, he will not have 100 fps in a warzone on a 2700x no matter what option gymnastics he does.
I mean, I get 144hz 98% of the time. It hard drops down to 30-40 sometimes depending on whats going on, but its not exactly impossible to get good fps in the game despite how poorly optimized it is.