Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bad at PvP

DeathDealKill
10.07.2019 , 05:18 AM | #1
I'm terrible at PvP and get called out all the time for it. But I love to PvP.
Should I just stop doing randoms so I dont hurt my team or stick with it cause I have a passion for it?

I'm a tank juggernaut and I dont do a lot of damage but I do not want to hurt my team.
What should I do?
When 900 years you reach, look as good, you will not. Squadron 238

Eastiano
10.07.2019 , 06:18 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DeathDealKill View Post
Should I just stop doing randoms so I dont hurt my team or stick with it cause I have a passion for it?

I'm a tank juggernaut and I dont do a lot of damage but I do not want to hurt my team.
What should I do?
If you need some tips lemme know man, just off the top of my head, I donít really play tank much but damage isnít something to be aiming for, mitigation of dmg to your team mates through correct use of guard swaps and defensive cooldowns is far more important, using control abilities to take pressure of healers and ensuring to stay within guard range when taunting etc...

Once you nailed that part, damage will come naturally as you rotate your abilities and youíll become a much more important asset to ya team!

Donít give up, just practice n try and watch some good tanks or make friends with some!

KendraP
10.07.2019 , 07:19 AM | #3
Does don't tank for pugs seem like reasonable advice? Ok, ok moving on...

-Keep guard on someone, and learn to guard swap to who is taking damage
-taunt on cooldown
-learn to manage DCDs and CC - I've saved myself more than once with a well timed awe.
-seriously, make friends with a healer. Tanking is good. Tanking with a healer you know and trust, that's the best.

If you have specific questions regarding gearing, situations, utilites, etc feel free to continue this discussion by pm.

merovejec
10.07.2019 , 07:20 AM | #4
Oh come on what kind of questions are those??

I mean, you pay to play the game, so you can do what you want. If you DO want to be a valuable part of the team then its up to you to improve yourself. Read up some guides, use keybinds, improve your UI, there are many things which you can use to improve yourself. Its really all up to you, you dont have to stop quing.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

ThePsyEagle
10.07.2019 , 07:49 AM | #5
Definitly don't stop. Probably the easist way for you would be to join a pvp guild and get someone to show you some tips or jugg in general. Btw, everyone started somewhere and played bad in the beginning

Seterade
10.07.2019 , 08:37 AM | #6
dont stop. regs is where you learn to play. I would advise you to start out as dps, then practise with offtanking. using taunts and guard without taking the tank slot on the regs team. and when you feel confident just swap back to tank, and become the teams main tnk. (generaly the queue only allows 1 tnk per match)

Lhancelot
10.07.2019 , 09:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DeathDealKill View Post

What should I do?
Don't take insults personal, immature players do this regularly. You only will get better by playing more, period. Keep queuing, keep having fun that's what the game was made for. You will only get better the more you play.

Once you understand your own limitations and strengths you will better understand what is holding you back from being a better version of yourself on a specific class, and this takes time.

I still send tells to individuals if I see someone really good on a class I struggle with. I ask them for tips or how they do what they do, and you might be surprised sometimes these players will share a small thing that can make a big difference in your performance.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

DeathDealKill
10.09.2019 , 04:30 PM | #8
Thank you for the tips.
Guess I'll just keep on keeping on and ignore the kids.
When 900 years you reach, look as good, you will not. Squadron 238

mothbanquet
10.10.2019 , 06:05 AM | #9
Can't get better if you don't play, pal. The PvP guide in this here forum is great for learning basic dos and don'ts of WZs. Most important thing of all is to enjoy yourself, though.

limenutpen
10.12.2019 , 01:00 AM | #10
Damage especially with a tank and in randoms is the least of your concerns.

Tanking more so then another classes is about using your utilities to serve the team first. In randoms and in eights it is about objectives and defense.

Good luck.
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando, Color-full: Sentinel
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut, Grandblu: Powertech, Brontolon: Sniper