Suggestion on PVP

hyperblaze

Hello, I've been a pvper for many years. One of the biggest source of fustratiion is being part of a team which most of the players don't care about objectives at all. They rather play death match then actually winning (in a non-arena warzone).

Wondering if there was a way to have an option to play pvp for those who actually care about teamwork and objectives, while another option would be to play but you wouldn't be frustrating others if you didn't care.

Games getting old and 8v8 ranked isn't a thing so people just don't care anymore. Even less so since the dailies don't require wins anymore (they 100% should, but whatever)

Old doesnt matter tbh, people still play WoW, Runescape and multiple other old games. teh problem is regular warzones are not rewarding. They should reward people more for winning.

Old doesnt matter tbh, people still play WoW, Runescape and multiple other old games. teh problem is regular warzones are not rewarding. They should reward people more for winning.

WoW is WoW. No point in ever bringing that up in a comparison, but if you really want to, PvP in WoW has actually been on the decline for years and most BG's are just deathmatches as well. Its only slightly better because rated BG's still add some incentive.

Like I said, 8v8 ranked doesn't exist and dailies don't require wins on top of pvp gear being gone. There's no point in trying to win.

WoW is WoW. No point in ever bringing that up in a comparison, but if you really want to, PvP in WoW has actually been on the decline for years and most BG's are just deathmatches as well. Its only slightly better because rated BG's still add some incentive.

Like I said, 8v8 ranked doesn't exist and dailies don't require wins on top of pvp gear being gone. There's no point in trying to win.

Other then the fact that it's more fun to win then to lose?

You get your dailies got quicker and get a higher level of satisifaction after a win?

It's come to the point where I leave a warzone if the level of stupid is too high in a warzone. It literally gives me a headache trying to figure out why some players act the way they do.

Other then the fact that it's more fun to win then to lose?

You get your dailies got quicker and get a higher level of satisifaction after a win?

It's come to the point where I leave a warzone if the level of stupid is too high in a warzone. It literally gives me a headache trying to figure out why some players act the way they do.

"More fun to win than lose"... While I agree with that, I think there are a whole bunch of people playing pvp matches who find it more fun to just run around and smashing things, and don't care at all about win/lose. So calling it a "fact" isn't really fair.

Getting your dailies quicker... meh. Most times I get the WEEKLY done in a day. And, as others have pointed out, who cares anyway? Daily and weekly rewards hardly matter to me. I don't craft at all, so I don't care about the crafting stuff, or even know if it's worth it for those that do. I get a few med packs and stims. I have a thousand of those on my main. Maybe if they made the daily/weekly rewards actually worth it.

As far as choosing to quit if people aren't playing the way we want... well, there are plenty of other threads complaining that rampant quitters are ruining warzones. And since probably I'm the one who backfilled into the match after you quit... yeah, thanks for that. But hey, I guess your enjoyment of the game is most important... wait, isn't that what the deathmatchers also say about themselves? :confused:

"More fun to win than lose"... While I agree with that, I think there are a whole bunch of people playing pvp matches who find it more fun to just run around and smashing things, and don't care at all about win/lose. So calling it a "fact" isn't really fair.

Getting your dailies quicker... meh. Most times I get the WEEKLY done in a day. And, as others have pointed out, who cares anyway? Daily and weekly rewards hardly matter to me. I don't craft at all, so I don't care about the crafting stuff, or even know if it's worth it for those that do. I get a few med packs and stims. I have a thousand of those on my main. Maybe if they made the daily/weekly rewards actually worth it.

As far as choosing to quit if people aren't playing the way we want... well, there are plenty of other threads complaining that rampant quitters are ruining warzones. And since probably I'm the one who backfilled into the match after you quit... yeah, thanks for that. But hey, I guess your enjoyment of the game is most important... wait, isn't that what the deathmatchers also say about themselves? :confused:

Feel free to read my original post. Also, my enjoyment in the game is the most important (absolutely for me). I'm not paying to play in a game where I cannot enjoy myself. I will not enjoy losing in a match where most of my teammates don't care about anything but death matching and only a few (1 or 2) are actually trying to play objectives. In fact I find it's an absolute waste of time. Why should I stay? Hense asking oriignally if there could be an option where both types of pvp players can both have enjoyment.

In terms of what the devs can do to remedy the situation, one solution brought forth by the player-base is to allow players to choose which types of maps they'd queue into, sort of like what PVErs can do with flash-points. For example, a more obj-minded PVPer may select Huttball maps or Odessen, or Civil War, whereas the more 'death-match' oriented player would go for Voidstar, Hypergate, Novare Coast or Arenas. Unfortunately, the PVP population isn't large enough, on any server for such a measure to bring forth satisfactory matches as the queues will take longer than what should be necessary for casual PVP.

Looking more from a micro-perspective...ie..the players, solo-queueing in regs, or in ranked can be an incredibly tilting affair because you have no control over who your teammates are. Therefore, the universal advice for players frustrated with the play of their teammates (due to lack of skill or objective play) is to find several players who share your mindset and group with them.