Tatooine Pit fights!!! ( RP Event )

Ganrex

I think we may be able to set something similar up. Why not have pvp battles in conjunction with this RP event? Aside from that they did say that pvp duels would be allowed and would follow the typical rules. Items/equipment must be agreed upon before hand, ie medpacs/grenades.

Problem is this is supposed to be IC, therefore

Officially, on an IC basis, no Force users are allowed. But with that said, we are totally encouraging anyone to join in as a fighter. In fact, we’d love it for Force users to disguise themselves and hop on in. Just keep in mind that if you ICly use the Force, you will be disqualified and banned from future fights. But as long as it’s hidden, then go for it!

Still, Id love to see what the Imp side can offer up in terms of pvp assassin tanks. Rarely do I ever get the opportunity to square off against my Imp counterpart....

My personal favorite little bit was:

Don’t flag yourself for PVP. We might be on an RP server, but that doesn’t mean we won’t get griefed if flagged.

Even amongst the RPers they know the reputation of those pesky spineless cowards who gank people in RP gear for fun hiding amongst the upper echelons of Imperial pvp.

Either way, I will be there, and will be red.

Not sure how many of these responses are sarcasm or serious, but I kindly ask that you all just respect each other, including this event. This event was designed to create unique RP experiences, and it's not fair for it to be ruined by PvPers who can just as easily go set up their own PvP-oriented events.

If you want your PvP fix, there are plenty of outlets: Tuesday evenings are designated for Ranked PvP, Saturday evenings for World PvP, and if you haven't already joined, /cjoin enemies is the global-global PvP channel on both factions.

There is absolutely no reason to show up to this event with the intent of trolling it or trying to force it into something it isn't. There are alternatives to getting your gaming preference fix, and all it takes is a bit of effort on your part. We're trying to build our community up, not break it down.

Not sure how many of these responses are sarcasm or serious, but I kindly ask that you all just respect each other, including this event. This event was designed to create unique RP experiences, and it's not fair for it to be ruined by PvPers who can just as easily go set up their own PvP-oriented events.

If you want your PvP fix, there are plenty of outlets: Tuesday evenings are designated for Ranked PvP, Saturday evenings for World PvP, and if you haven't already joined, /cjoin enemies is the global-global PvP channel on both factions.

There is absolutely no reason to show up to this event with the intent of trolling it or trying to force it into something it isn't. There are alternatives to getting your gaming preference fix, and all it takes is a bit of effort on your part. We're trying to build our community up, not break it down.

Unique RP experience

Couldn't have said it better myself..The intention of this post WAS NOT in any way shape or form, an attempt to attract trolls...Look we get it..Your gear is good, you are better PvP'ers than us, but please let us RP'ers have our fun as we let you have yours. This is an RP-PVE server, not a "Lets troll the people who have different preferences than us" server.

Couldn't have said it better myself..The intention of this post WAS NOT in any way shape or form, an attempt to attract trolls...Look we get it..Your gear is good, you are better PvP'ers than us, but please let us RP'ers have our fun as we let you have yours. This is an RP-PVE server, not a "Lets troll the people who have different preferences than us" server.

To be fair that is all an RP server really is, those that RP, and those that troll RP'ers.

What a great community we play in!...Dick

This is your fault should have never posted it on the server forums, use the RP community site that was created for this very reason. Tell your guilds and close friends.

Make a rule stating that flagged players are not allowed to take part in event. Tell people not to heal other friendly flagged players.

Put this way I had no clue about this event until you posted it on the forums, I wonder how many others that enjoy pvp / trolling new about it before the post...

This is your fault should have never posted it on the server forums, use the RP community site that was created for this very reason. Tell your guilds and close friends.

Make a rule stating that flagged players are not allowed to take part in event. Tell people not to heal other friendly flagged players.

Put this way I had no clue about this event until you posted it on the forums, I wonder how many others that enjoy pvp / trolling new about it before the post...

There's no need to blame anyone for anything. The Server forums exist for all of us who play on the Ebon Hawk Server, be it for discussion or organizing events of every sort; no particular gaming preference should dominate any particular forum or community website. I'm seriously struggling to understand why everyone's gaming preferences need to be competing against each other. It's a BIG game. Operations, Warzones, and RP takes place in entirely separate parts of the game, so it's not like we're stepping on each others' toes for space. There is just so much room for activities xD

..., but please let us RP'ers have our fun as we let you have yours.

I call lies. RP and PvE carebears always come into the WZ queues without any gear or skill, and refuse to listen to general instructions, advice, and strategies. You do not let us have fun.

Edited by xMaranathax

There's no need to blame anyone for anything. The Server forums exist for all of us who play on the Ebon Hawk Server, be it for discussion or organizing events of every sort; no particular gaming preference should dominate any particular forum or community website. I'm seriously struggling to understand why everyone's gaming preferences need to be competing against each other. It's a BIG game. Operations, Warzones, and RP takes place in entirely separate parts of the game, so it's not like we're stepping on each others' toes for space. There is just so much room for activities xD

You are forgetting one thing, personally for myself players are content. As such when I see players doing silly things like being flagged on a pve server, or rping in outlaws den I will enjoy said content. As such if you want to avoid dealing with players like myself all you have to do is avoid making your events public knowledge. Is it harsh? Yes, but that is the reality this is not a private server where people have admin tools that white list certain players and police the server.

This is a public server as such that means dealing with; trolls, d-bags, *****, bottom feeders or whatever. So keep rp events to your rp community site to limit the trolls or live with the trolls and make it public. Your choice.

This is a public server as such that means dealing with; trolls, d-bags, *****, bottom feeders or whatever. So keep rp events to your rp community site to limit the trolls or live with the trolls and make it public. Your choice.

If you or anyone else wishes to identify themselves as trolls, then so be it. It will only further limit your participation in activities that are more to your preference. If you cannot exercise even the most basic of respect, then I can only hope you do not expect the same in return.

I call lies. RP and PvE carebears always come into the WZ queues without any gear or skill, and refuse to listen to general instructions, advice, and strategies. You do not let us have fun.

I run an RP guild, and I am one of the better PvP'ers on the server. Though I understand where you are coming from, I have yet to see an RP'er / PvE'er go run and hide in a corner during a match. They do what they can with the gear they have. It's not their fault there is no other way to start PvPing other than to hit the ground running at 70 miles an hour. There is literally NO other way to get geared for PvP'ing. And lets face it.....Nobody likes taking orders from anybody, much less a stranger.

Edited by Ganrex

If you're going to this flagged then you're attracting the kind of attention they're asking to avoid.

The last RP event that I went to was trolled by <Republic> too, guess this one will be the same, huh, Whist?

Nobody is gonna be trolling nobody. All I simply posted was that I was gonna be at the event and be flagged. If Imps want to show up to answer the meager challenge a single shadow tank represents, Great! If not, its all good too!. Feel free to explain how by simply showing up flagged that you are as you say "attracting the kind of attention they're asking to avoid" WHEN.....

If you plan on fighting via PVP, the dual system must be utilized.

How can you do this if you are not flagged? You can't.

Go back to 9gag or reddit, Guerilla.

Also to the PvP server you transferred to.

No need to rip on Guerilla, Are they good on average? Sure. Do they tick me off sometimes? Sure. Its it because they simply are better than me? Maybe, who knows. But who are you to turn players away from this server? TEH is the best out there. You can do anything here, Wzs, ops, GSF, Rp....even Erp, if thats your thing.

...If you want your PvP fix, there are plenty of outlets:...Saturday evenings for World PvP....

Exactly!!! This is Saturday evening!!! Would it be too strange of a coincidence if half the Empire, decked out to the teeth descended on Tatooine and began razing it to the ground? Maybe Guerilla and TST organized their own pvp rally that just happens to correspond with the Fight Night RP event? Dont know anything about any event if so, but what if it was just gonna be a guild thing? Who knows!

If you or anyone else wishes to identify themselves as trolls, then so be it. It will only further limit your participation in activities that are more to your preference. If you cannot exercise even the most basic of respect, then I can only hope you do not expect the same in return.

I have not and will not ever attack a flagged player not wearing pvp gear. I play Pub side cause I like a challenge, not cause its good for my health. If flagged Imps in pvp gear do show up, then its on. Got a few players in mind I'll single out and give a swift Force-kick to the face.

So those wishing to have a fun engaging RP event have no worries about the <Republic>. If only I could say the same for those certain Imps guilds Pub players have nightmares about facing.

Its gonna be fun.

Hey guys, Dams here.

I'm simply going to just ask that people not show up flagged. This is an RP event, and not meant to be PVP. We've run it several times now and never actually had any problems and it'd be awesome if it stayed that way. (We've also never had anyone decide to duel, it's always been RP)

If you would like to run something similar, but for PVP, please consider a different evening/location. You can even use the same premise if you'd like, I'd be happy to help story-wise, but this particular event is RP.

I appreciate the consideration.