Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper // Gunslinger Top 3 Answers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Sniper // Gunslinger Top 3 Answers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Adovir
07.28.2014 , 09:41 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Warlord_Maliken View Post
''It is possible that we might even decide to address the Scatter Bombs issue in a prior update, but would Saboteur/Engineering players want this skill toned down if they are not also receiving an overhaul to the rest of their skill tree with it? Let us know!''

Yes you absolutely need to. I am an experienced pvp'er i average at least 900 dps on every toon i play. I want to express my opinion on this matter. I stress that you MUST do something with Scatter Bomb!! I think it needs to be a passive instead, which makes Thermal Grenade keep its initial aoe dmg but also make enemies burn for X(X) seconds. This eliminates an extra button, which is where the overlapping mechanics hinder the gameplay experience (its currently clunky..).
I think I did more dps at lvl 50 in lvl 50 blues.
you know you want to
Quote:
speak not to that which you do not know lest you look a fool
ToFN's resident regstar scoundrel

ekolan
07.28.2014 , 10:24 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
You might wanna wait till you're averaging 3600 dps on every toon before bragging about your skills...
I think you should work on your reading comprehension before you post. He said PVP, as in player versus player.. not PVE.
Tyrant
Hax - Operative | Lets▀ang - Sniper
Prophecy of The Five
I Miss My Aftermath Homies </3

Warlord_Maliken
07.28.2014 , 03:47 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by ekolan View Post
I think you should work on your reading comprehension before you post. He said PVP, as in player versus player.. not PVE.
Correct. They are just ignorant haters. Everything they said was a waste of space. I wasn't even bragging i was just putting down a little credential.
Anyway, most pvp'ers do around 500-700. Good ones do around 900-1350. 1350 is almost always obtained from matches where enemies are bunched up, and you dot them and then aoe them. There ya have it.

Adovir I would hope you aren't shepherding anyone with those comprehension skills. Younglings need guidance not ignorant babble
Maliken - 57 Juggernaut @ Shadowlands Server
Some call him The Golden Sasquatch Of Korriban. Others call him The Vicious Manbearpig. . .
"Greetings my children..."
Young Maliken: http://imgur.com/cc6QRfv
Lord Maliken: http://imgur.com/StV2Pyb
Darth Maliken: http://imgur.com/L8hsDpo

TACeMossie
07.28.2014 , 04:00 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Warlord_Maliken View Post
Correct. They are just ignorant haters. Everything they said was a waste of space. I wasn't even bragging i was just putting down a little credential.
Anyway, most pvp'ers do around 500-700. Good ones do around 900-1350. 1350 is almost always obtained from matches where enemies are bunched up, and you dot them and then aoe them. There ya have it.

Adovir I would hope you aren't shepherding anyone with those comprehension skills. Younglings need guidance not ignorant babble
Yeah I missed the pvp line

/shame
Kwerty, Level 60 Vanguard on The Harbinger
Vanguard DPS Guide | Powertech DPS Guide

Vexdagon
08.14.2014 , 04:05 AM | #95
Would allowing snipers stealth and cloaking screen be out of the question as for helping with pvp survivability or would this be out of the question? I mean by definition a sniper should be steathy anyway.
Don't beat me up ok. lol Just tossing in a suggestion.

theUndead
08.14.2014 , 04:11 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Vexdagon View Post
Would allowing snipers stealth and cloaking screen be out of the question as for helping with pvp survivability or would this be out of the question? I mean by definition a sniper should be steathy anyway.
Don't beat me up ok. lol Just tossing in a suggestion.
They already have stealth detection when in cover. So no giving them stealth would make them insanely OP.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

Vexdagon
08.14.2014 , 04:31 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
They already have stealth detection when in cover. So no giving them stealth would make them insanely OP.
That's true. I'd personally be willing to let detection go to have stealth and cloaking screen. I can always use suppressive fire in certain situations. Anyway, just an idea.

Mrog
08.21.2014 , 06:43 AM | #98
I really don't think stealth would make the sniper OP as long as it contained 2 very important distinctions between operatives/sins.

1) No movement in stealth - The sniper can pick his spot and wait, but they can't move in stealth.
2) No in combat stealth mechanic - Once a sniper is in combat, they are in combat.

It would make the cat and mouse game of finding a spot quickly and waiting for your prey patiently. You would need to know when to pull the trigger.

The other key about these differentiations is it then would make absolutely zero change to PvE play of snipers. It is only a PvP survival mechanic that lowers the amount of picking out the sniper and burying them before they get a chance to do anything.

I also think being able to pop shield probe while stunned is a must for Snipers.

CrowT_Robot
11.22.2014 , 06:42 PM | #99
As far as Addressing survivability for smugglers in PvP, why not add an obroan/brutalizer set bonus that builds a smuggler's defense the longer they last in a match, in other words, the longer you survive,the more likely you are to continue to survive.