Madness solo + aoe problem: Change Lambaste to apply Discharge/increase Trash damage

Duco

Yes very simple.

If you change Lambaste to apply Discharge, and increase the damage of trash by 25% things will be better for us.

You can also increase the damage of trash baseline if you prefer.

We need some sustained damage and some instant hits for crap mobs compared to top classes, trash boost will help that. Also, It will ensure you don't just lacerate for discharge.

We need something to harm small packs fast, and also to help us solo where we are very weak. Applying discharge to all will help us end packs and help us heal when we agro all solo. And we have next to no Aoe, it will help us aoe too.

The field the boost would enhance are places where we are weak, and still will be subpar after this boost, but it will improve the gameplay of the class greatly, which is why i think it should be done.

Edited by Duco

Yes very simple.

If you change Lambaste to apply Discharge, and increase the damage of trash by 25% things will be better for us.

We need some sustained damage and some instant hits for crap mobs compared to top classes, trash boost will help that. Also, It will ensure you don't just lacerate for discharge.

We need something to harm small packs fast, and also to help us solo where we are very weak. Applying discharge to all will help us end packs and help us heal when we agro all solo. And we have next to no Aoe, it will help us aoe too.

The field the boost would enhance are places where we are weak, and still will be subpar after this boost, but it will improve the gameplay of the class greatly, which is why i think it should be done.

You are aware that Madness Assassin is currently the highest parsing damage spec in the game at the time, right? Boosting Thrash damage by 25% would result in putting us way past all the other classes. If you're really worried about one shotting mobs, play Deception. Yes, we need AoE damage, but applying an 18 second dot to a small group of enemies is not going to help kill them quickly. We already apply Lightning Charge to them as Madness, so the only way to increase AoE damage without adding another ability would be to buff the base damage of Lacerate. Yes, our AoE is bad, but increasing Thrash damage will only serve to increase our single target damage, of which we don't need any more.

Yes very simple.

The proc that allows Assassinate to be used at any health level provides PLENTY of burst, especially because it usually clears the CD on Crushing Darkness at the same time. For a very powerful DoT spec, Madness has all the burst it really should have.

As for 'no AoE' spend some time as Deception and report back on lack of AoE. :jawa_tongue:

I didn't know it was the highest, from the leaderboards it was still a bit under, and trash isn't a small part of our damage.

About the burst, i mean for really small packs like random flashpoints it's worthless.

I didn't know it was the highest, from the leaderboards it was still a bit under, and trash isn't a small part of our damage.

About the burst, i mean for really small packs like random flashpoints it's worthless.

And for really small packs like there are in even hard mode flashpoints, it really doesn't matter that you don't have a ton of burst. It won't kill you if you take 15 seconds to kill a group of adds. You can't expect to have a DoT spec with very high sustained damage to also be able to burst down add packs regularly. You want to 2 shot add packs? Recklessness Death Field + Overload/Lacerate and any add pack in a flashpoint will be dead, or nearly so. Beyond that, you're getting into the "OP, plz nerf" territory I'm so worried we'll get back into.

Also, Madness has been on top of the leaderboards literally since the day 2.8 dropped.

Uh, we don't even need more aoe for soloing tbh. On Oricon, normal mobs get shafted by two lacerates or one death field crit, or a DF + lacerate. If not, well, gear up a bit. Even in lower gear ranges mob packs are not an issue if you aren't completely gearing wrong or just play bad... Edited by Eksenia