Harnessed Darkness

Sheike

It'd be nice to have harnessed darkness provide the same immunity that Unstoppable does for juggernauts in the vengeance tree while channeling force lightning. Building up three stacks of harnessed darkness and starting to channel your lightning only to be knocked back and have the whole thing completely negated doesn't feel right.

Except that you get nearly the full effect just by starting your channel. Even 1 tick of it refreshes the duration of the whole effect, and will keep you at 4 stacks. Yes, you'll need to play conservatively in the next 12 seconds after getting your channel interrupted, trying as best you can to force Shock off of cooldown, but it's very doable. Is it a little frustrating? Yeah, I guess, but a little planning can usually avoid getting the knockback mid channel in PvE. And there's a lot more wrong with PvP tanks than getting knocked back mid-ability.

I don't presume to know how you or anybody else chooses to play with it, but I think we can all agree that a high-tier trait like harnessed darkness shouldn't be so easily countered. Having unshakable on your lightning is nice, but we don't have a ton of things to work with in pvp, I really feel that it should at least get knockback immunity if not the unstoppable effect only for the duration of the lightning channel.

It's the one thing that keeps me from speccing into Darkness again, and I've played Darkness many a time since beta. I find the length of the stacks and the chance to have it interrupted via a stun or a knockback too volatile for PvP. The tree depends on those stacks, and has lost self heals because of it; you should be able to keep them up with minimal effort, and in PvP that can become problematic.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good change for PvE and it has lessened the spike damage the tank takes, but it's just not my cup of tea for PvP. :(

Who is the Assassin class rep?

Officially? Still Xinika, who is on a hiatus from the game at the moment. However, KeyboardNinja, the Shadow rep, is still very active on the forums. Second however: both of them have served their terms, and there will be new elections eventually (hopefully) for the next set.

Officially? Still Xinika, who is on a hiatus from the game at the moment. However, KeyboardNinja, the Shadow rep, is still very active on the forums. Second however: both of them have served their terms, and there will be new elections eventually (hopefully) for the next set.

Interesting. I hope it falls to you for Sin rep, or someone like Xinika except more active. but yes. as someone else stated, i would still be playing Darkness to this day if Harnessed Darkness never had changed. In fact could we just revert all the trees to Pre 2.0 take all the ****** stuff from 2.0 out, and put the good things in from later patches like stacks on most of TK's and Vengeance's procs? same for abilities, i want my Pre-2.0 Stim Boost back!

Interesting. I hope it falls to you for Sin rep, or someone like Xinika except more active. but yes. as someone else stated, i would still be playing Darkness to this day if Harnessed Darkness never had changed. In fact could we just revert all the trees to Pre 2.0 take all the ****** stuff from 2.0 out, and put the good things in from later patches like stacks on most of TK's and Vengeance's procs? same for abilities, i want my Pre-2.0 Stim Boost back!

Maybe it's because I never got the joy of playing pre 2.0 Madness Assassin, but I'm quite enjoying it now. Just recently broke the 4k deeps mark on a dummy fight (a one-off parse, at that), and am liking how crazy the execute phase gets, and how there's just enough to manage pre-execute to keep it somewhat interesting.

To the dismay of many, however, I would be in favor of keeping the current form of Harnessed Darkness. I main a Shadow tank on the other side that plays purely PVE, and I've been in love with the change since it dropped, from a PVE perspective. Come the next round of questioning, I may need to get back into PVP (especially as a tank, oh joy), so I can reasonably participate in the discussion.

Xinika is playing Wildstar (lord knows why, that game is awful) and KBN was a big supporter of the changes that made Darkness blow in pvp now, especially the Harnessed Darkness changes.

We need a rep that's not just about endgame raiding. And all that self healing that KBN said was useless sure is awesome on my Jugg.

Edited by Vember

Xinika is playing Wildstar (lord knows why, that game is awful) and KBN was a big supporter of the changes that made Darkness blow in pvp now, especially the Harnessed Darkness changes.

We need a rep that's not just about endgame raiding. And all that self healing that KBN said was useless sure is awesome on my Jugg.

Yes. I think we should get 2 Class Reps from each side of the class. totalling 4 Reps. 1 for PvE, and 1 for PvP.

Unfortunatly, assassins self healing was way less noticeble than juggs healing now :rolleyes:

So whom do I need to PM in order to realistically talk about this?

Realistically talk about what? And why would you need to PM someone? The forums exist to facilitate discussion, both between the players themselves and the developers, who do check on these threads occasionally.

Are you crazy assassin/shadow tanking was far worst pre 2.0 ! It was horribly spiky to hell taking no dmg on one hit and then the next taking a huge *** stomping hit.

Why is it that all the "suppose" class changes have be force upon the pve community by pvp whiners oh this is OP this is OP and its not in ops or end game raiding ?

Are you crazy assassin/shadow tanking was far worst pre 2.0 ! It was horribly spiky to hell taking no dmg on one hit and then the next taking a huge *** stomping hit.

Why is it that all the "suppose" class changes have be force upon the pve community by pvp whiners oh this is OP this is OP and its not in ops or end game raiding ?

Assassin/Shadow tanks were hands down the best tanks pre 2.0. There was absolutely no contest. Vanguards were simply okay, and Guardians blew chunks. If you were spiking horribly, you were either incredibly unlucky, or playing poorly. I watched a Shadow tank Kephess HM and laugh off solo-tanking it. Pre 2.0.

Let's not start the "PvE/PvP ruined XYZ about ABC spec, why do we have to deal with their whining?" thing. It happens both ways, and it will happen again. The game, especially PvE, is in (minus tanking in PvP) a relatively stable state of balance right now, and that's a good thing.