Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Super" Energy Shield!

Agooz
04.18.2012 , 10:33 AM | #1
Ok maybe alot of you already knew this but for some reason I never though about it until this morning.

2pc PvP Compat Medic + 2pc PvE Supercommando = +8sec to energy shield for a nice 18sec shield. I wasnt sure that they stacked, but I tested it and they do.

dardack
04.18.2012 , 10:44 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Agooz View Post
Ok maybe alot of you already knew this but for some reason I never though about it until this morning.

2pc PvP Compat Medic + 2pc PvE Supercommando = +8sec to energy shield for a nice 18sec shield. I wasnt sure that they stacked, but I tested it and they do.
Yea I know a tank pvp who wore 2pc both for the extra shield.

You can also spec into the reduced CD from damage and stuff. It can be very nice.
Doofensmirtz lvl 50 PTIn Erebus Drooga's Pleasure Barge. 4 Imps 50. Doofentrooper lvl 50 VG in Goof Troop DPB
Dear BW please have RS/HiB send me to other fleet Nekkid. TY. Also, don't allow 3 sin/shadow 2 sorc/sage teams in HB. That is all.

TheOpf
04.18.2012 , 10:51 AM | #3
It's too bad Combat Tech gear looks awful, and you can't transfer the set bonuses. I hate the Combat Tech helmet, and I miss my Ironman outfit.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)

Agooz
04.18.2012 , 10:51 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by dardack View Post
Yea I know a tank pvp who wore 2pc both for the extra shield.

You can also spec into the reduced CD from damage and stuff. It can be very nice.
Yes, I am thinking of the Pyro Energy Rebounder with this setup.....hmmm

Agooz
04.18.2012 , 10:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOpf View Post
It's too bad Combat Tech gear looks awful, and you can't transfer the set bonuses. I hate the Combat Tech helmet, and I miss my Ironman outfit.
No need to look ugly in that case. 2 pc combat Medic (helm + other) Combat Medic helm looks sick!
Might as well use suppercommando chest too, that way when you upgrade to War Hero, you can have the matching color for the Red cool look of a real Pyro lol

TheOpf
04.18.2012 , 11:09 AM | #6
No need to look ugly in that case. 2 pc combat Medic (helm + other) Combat Medic helm looks sick!
Might as well use suppercommando chest too, that way when you upgrade to War Hero, you can have the matching color for the Red cool look of a real Pyro lol
Yeah, except I have the Combat Tech Gear already. I swapped to it once 1.2 hit. I didn't even bother looking at it outside of stats.

I can upgrade to Combat Tech War Hero gear or I can spend the time getting the Medic gear as well. What I may do is just go back to the Iron man Gear and pull the mods and say forget the set bonuses for now. .5 sec on Carbonite and 15 seconds less on Determination plus 15 percent crit on RP isn't that groundbreaking.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?

Agooz
04.18.2012 , 11:13 AM | #7
I am already specced in Energy Rebounder and I definitely see the merit in this. Having a 18sec shield every minute or so would be awesome I think.

TheOpf
04.18.2012 , 11:42 AM | #8
I am already specced in Energy Rebounder and I definitely see the merit in this. Having a 18sec shield every minute or so would be awesome I think.
I agree, plus it would be hilarious to watch the Jugs who try to avoid you during the shield phase wait it out. It also explains a few Tank Vanguards I ran into yesterday whose shield seemed to last forever.

Agooz
04.18.2012 , 12:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOpf View Post
I agree, plus it would be hilarious to watch the Jugs who try to avoid you during the shield phase wait it out. It also explains a few Tank Vanguards I ran into yesterday whose shield seemed to last forever.
I actually think it is also a good idea for APs and STs, even without Energy Rebounder. For AP, 18sec shield + Stabalize armor + Power Armor + Combust. That's alot of mitigation. I think it beats Combat Tech bonuses. As an AP you are trying to stack PFT, so might as well mitigate damage longer until then.

TheOpf
04.18.2012 , 12:10 PM | #10
I actually think it is also a good idea for APs and STs, even without Energy Rebounder. For AP, 18sec shield + Stabalize armor + Power Armor + Combust. That's alot of mitigation. I think it beats Combat Tech bonuses. As an AP you are trying to stack PFT, so might as well mitigate damage longer until then.
So use it with the Norse build is what you are saying :P