Best Agile Career for Datacron gathering

DGHick

So I've completed my Trooper and Smuggler Storylines. I completed The Fallen Empire, and Eternal Throne. I have completed the Map (Legacy) for Ord Mantell.

I would like to get these datacrons, but some of them look like they are B to get. I would like to thank those of you who are actually helping me, and not saying 'Google it' or 'look it up on the map'. My point here is I am asking what is the BEST career character to use to get to some of these datacrons. I mean the one on Coruscant (the Justicar one looks like its hard to get to with Smuggler and Trooper). Any suggestions???

Also, in the Legacy sheet it doesn't show that I collected the datacrons (there's one on Illum, and the Blue Datacron on Tython). Why is that. A glitch?

I'd ask Gus, but we know what a big help he is.

"I've Gotta a Guy"

and my favorite I am gonna start using at work

"Your not looking for perfection Right?"

The most useful class abilities for datacron hunting come at level 51: smugglers/agents get the 12/18 m roll that can make some of the jumps very easy, and sage/sorcerers get phasewalk that can be placed before a difficult jump to return there instantly when you miss it. Stealth can also come handy for some datacrons, a speed burst (vanguard/powertech, consular/inquisitor) for others, but you can just use a mount or rocket boost on other classes.

For the justicar datacron it's just a matter of jump precision. The best way to do this is to aim at the flange where the pipe comes out of the wall, so the wall can stop you if you would jump too far.

The colored Matrix Shards don't unlock stats in your Legacy; instead you collect an actual item in your mission inventory tab. You can use 3 of those to assemble a relic in a room near the temples on Coruscant/Dromund Kaas. Those relics add stats only and the color combination determines which ones. They used to be quite powerful in 1.0 and still useful in 2.0, but weren't updated since release, and became obsolete with the introduction of auto-proc relics.

Edited by Mubrak

So I've completed my Trooper and Smuggler Storylines. I completed The Fallen Empire, and Eternal Throne. I have completed the Map (Legacy) for Ord Mantell.

I would like to get these datacrons, but some of them look like they are B to get. I would like to thank those of you who are actually helping me, and not saying 'Google it' or 'look it up on the map'. My point here is I am asking what is the BEST career character to use to get to some of these datacrons. I mean the one on Coruscant (the Justicar one looks like its hard to get to with Smuggler and Trooper). Any suggestions???

Also, in the Legacy sheet it doesn't show that I collected the datacrons (there's one on Illum, and the Blue Datacron on Tython). Why is that. A glitch?

I'd ask Gus, but we know what a big help he is.

"I've Gotta a Guy"

and my favorite I am gonna start using at work

"Your not looking for perfection Right?"

I actually managed to get the Justicar datacron with my Vanguard, but as mentioned before, it's really a series of timed jumps and angles. Recommendation: turn off Sprint as you tend to overshoot the landing and have to start over. Some of the datacrons need two players in order to reach them; what those are, I can't recall off-hand but the Dulfy guide is pretty decent when it comes to those.

On a side note: which server are you one because I'm looking to acquire the Fleet datacrons myself and I've read/heard that some require two players to get at.

I used my Juggernaut for the Makeb ones. I actually managed to glitch past jumps because of leaping to the others in the group. It was hilarious watching them go the longer ways and climbing the pipes when I basically teleported. I also might've possibly have pushed a friend off a ledge during that when they wanted to phantom stride to me to make it easier. XD But yeah, special abilities can help you skip stuff. Like a friend force pushed me on my sorc onto a ledge on Alderaan then I pulled them up. Then using my heals, I slid down the dam and got that datacron. We probably actually worked harder than needed, but it was fun.

So essentially, special abilities can make it easier, but sometimes it's best to just go with a class you know as there are enemies around some of them.

I recently did the datacrons on a new account and its not a question of class, only your "mario skills". I know you don't like to hear it, but the best way is to google them, just type the "swtor" then name of planet you are on and "datacron" you will either get the swtor spy instructions or even videos, those are old, but still valid, its hard to explain them here step by step. Also keep a lookout for shouts on fleet, people sometimes summon to hard to get datacrons for free.

...or even videos, those are old, but still valid, its hard to explain them here step by step.

A quick note on Youtube vids: Some are old and obsolete, since a few paths have changed. I know Kid Lee's channel is up to date. As a bonus, he also tend to talk about various jump strategies as he goes.

Some of the datacrons need two players in order to reach them; what those are, I can't recall off-hand...

Fleet, one on Imperial Balmorra, one on Republic Taris, one on Quesh. That I can remember.

As for class, I've used several, but made a Sorcerer specifically for the job. And it might just be me, but I seem to have had better results with smaller bodytypes, 1 or 2.

Edited by Eiter

Best if with someone who is good at jumping: Jug/Guardian (so you can leap to them). Vanguard (Transpose), Shadows (shadow stride) and operatives (Holo traverse) all have abilities that do this too, but from what I have seen these are all a lot buggier and may send you off to the moon occasionally.

By yourself: Sorc/Sage (phasewalk back after difficult jumps if you miss it)

By yourself, but you are good at jumping and wanna just do things fast: Operative (roll, and it is helpful on some of the jumps where you can just roll off instead of jumping).

Anyway, if you have trouble making jumps then you almost certainly want to do a sorc/sage if you can. I think when I was first doing them I actually leveled up a sorc just for phase walk.