Returning from 3 year hiatus

TrumpetNut

Hey guys, I’m thinkin of re subbing to the game after taking about 3 years off. What are some things I need to know that may be different? I have three level 60 characters and used to main merc heals and powertech tank. Which classes are important to level nowadays for each role? Fast leveling tips? I used to do raids and tons of PvP back in the day but anyhow, what are your thoughts on all this and if its worth re subbing?

Thanks!

Hey guys, I’m thinkin of re subbing to the game after taking about 3 years off. What are some things I need to know that may be different? I have three level 60 characters and used to main merc heals and powertech tank. Which classes are important to level nowadays for each role? Fast leveling tips? I used to do raids and tons of PvP back in the day but anyhow, what are your thoughts on all this and if its worth re subbing?

Thanks!

In 3 years? A LOT has changed.

Probably the best you can do is read through Swtorista guides. She has written down (you can even watch or listen to videos) everything. In short I can say that the way gearing is done has changed, from level 70 XP turns into CXP and you will gain ranks (1-300). When you gain a rank you get a crate with stuff (1 gear piece, 1 armor piece, Command tokens based on Tier, etc). Gear also drops from operation bosses, but that came only after people complaining on forums. There are also Unassembled Components those come from PVP and disintegrating gear that comes from the crates. UCs are used to upgrade gear from one tier to the higher or to directly purchase gear.

They wanted to simplify gearing but in the end made it more complex. Flashpoints have changed, all were boosted to max level 70, so were operations. You get bolster everywhere so no gear is needed. You need gear only for HM/NiM operations, Star Fortress and Eternal Championship, everywhere else you get bolster or level sync. Level sync is that if you are level 70 and visit an area that is lower than you level, your level will be decreased to almost that level!

Leveling has become too easy, companion roles can now be changed they can be either tank, heal or dps and they are very very powerful. Companions have ranks 1-50 and at rank 50 they will kill everything before you even get to use 1 ability.

Best is to check the guides and its definitely worth it to come back after such a time, a lot has been added since you left.