Broonmark Alliance Alert

EAFSAMWISE

So on my Jedi Knight I got an Alliance Alert called "Last of his Kind" where you have to investigate an attack on a wookie supply envoy that's helping the Alliance. You find out that the Talz character Broonmark (from the Sith warrior story) is responsible. By the end, you have the choice to either let Broonmark kill the wookie Senator and he joins you, or you say no and he attacks you again and you kill him, thus rejecting him. I recall there was a similar situation when recruiting Xalek, but I'm that case you could get him to be reasonable. I'm not one to turn down new companions, so is there no way to recruit Broonmark without allowing him to kill the Senator?

I think there might be a way to do that with a Sith Warrior, but I may be wrong (it has been a while since I completed that alert with a Warrior), and for all other classes it is an either/or decision. Either the Senator dies or Broonmark does.

So on my Jedi Knight I got an Alliance Alert called "Last of his Kind" where you have to investigate an attack on a wookie supply envoy that's helping the Alliance. You find out that the Talz character Broonmark (from the Sith warrior story) is responsible. By the end, you have the choice to either let Broonmark kill the wookie Senator and he joins you, or you say no and he attacks you again and you kill him, thus rejecting him. I recall there was a similar situation when recruiting Xalek, but I'm that case you could get him to be reasonable. I'm not one to turn down new companions, so is there no way to recruit Broonmark without allowing him to kill the Senator?

Sadly, Broonmark is (as Oggurobb puts it) an unrepentant, xenophobic, psychopathic murderer.

Most classes simply can't appease him without letting him shed blood.

The Sith Warrior is the only exception. They can take advantage of their prior history, and thus Broonmark's affiliation with "their clan", to convince him to join without killing the senator.

Sadly, Broonmark is (as Oggurobb puts it) an unrepentant, xenophobic, psychopathic murderer.

Most classes simply can't appease him without letting him shed blood.

The Sith Warrior is the only exception. They can take advantage of their prior history, and thus Broonmark's affiliation with "their clan", to convince him to join without killing the senator.

I guess this makes sense. I didn't mind recruiting Xalek despite his violence bc he had a legit grievance about ppl desecrating his dad's grave, but Broonmark strikes me as basically like, " either let me run around and brutally tear ppl to pieces like a wild animal, or I won't join you!" Usually I'm pragmatic but I made an exception here bc it didn't sit well with me to let him tear that wookie to pieces and there was hardly any practical/realistic reason to let him do it either

I guess this makes sense. I didn't mind recruiting Xalek despite his violence bc he had a legit grievance about ppl desecrating his dad's grave, but Broonmark strikes me as basically like, " either let me run around and brutally tear ppl to pieces like a wild animal, or I won't join you!" Usually I'm pragmatic but I made an exception here bc it didn't sit well with me to let him tear that wookie to pieces and there was hardly any practical/realistic reason to let him do it either

Broonmark does have a personal grievance against the senator, albeit one that's far less sympathetic than Xalek's case.

Broonmark believes that the Talz are meant to be a violent, bloodthirsty people. And he blames the Republic for supposedly turning them into the largely peaceful race they are in SWTOR. The Senator in the mission is the one who introduced the Talz to the Republic, and thus Broonmark hates him.

• 2 years later...

About the best thing most characters can do is put Broonmark down like the rabid animal he insists on behaving as and moving on. A rabid animal doesn't have a choice in its behavior. Broonmark does have a choice and he's even worse than Kaliyo D'jannis who is at least willing to discuss her behavior and occasionally moderate it.

The problem I've encountered is that even when you DO "talk him down" with the Sith Warrior (my LS SW did this), Hylo still has the EXACT SAME dialogue with my SW as she had with my Darth Nox (Violence? ok, as long as you obey ME) . Namely, she gave me lip about it. I spared the Wookie and didn't even get her gratitude.

Also, there are gameplay reasons:

1. do things Broonmarks way you get a companion.

2. kill broonmark you don't get the senator as a wookie companion. you just get a thank you from Hylo.