Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time for a new star wars MMO

Ravethorr
06.25.2017 , 09:30 AM | #1
After watching battlefront 2 gameplay with Rey and Darth Maul this game feels very outdated, i've always felt that this game could have been much better. I think its time EA pull the plug on this game and give us the Star Wars MMO we all deserve.

SentinelThain
06.25.2017 , 09:34 AM | #2
I'm all for another SW mmo,but not by EA.

Stncold
06.25.2017 , 09:36 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelThain View Post
I'm all for another SW mmo,but not by EA.
EA has exclusive rights to all Star Wars games for the time being.
RIP The Fatman.

Ravethorr
06.25.2017 , 09:36 AM | #4
EA has the license right ?

Andryah
06.25.2017 , 09:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravethorr View Post
EA has the license right ?
Through at least 2023. Disney and EA signed a 10 year exclusive deal back in 2013. Said deal gives EA exclusive rights to produce all SW games with the exception of a handful of mobile gaming exceptions where Disney has right of first refusal.

And no.. we do not need a new SW MMO. We just need this one to get back on track. Comparing an MMO to a single player game and throwing the "dated" card on the table is a non-starter. Two different game styles, platforms, and approaches.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Eshvara
06.25.2017 , 10:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Through at least 2023. Disney and EA signed a 10 year exclusive deal back in 2013. Said deal gives EA exclusive rights to produce all SW games with the exception of a handful of mobile gaming exceptions where Disney has right of first refusal.

And no.. we do not need a new SW MMO. We just need this one to get back on track. Comparing an MMO to a single player game and throwing the "dated" card on the table is a non-starter. Two different game styles, platforms, and approaches.
Yush!
#Arcannite
For The Empire

Zestulthegamer
06.25.2017 , 10:11 AM | #7
I really enjoy SWTOR for all its flaws and things it's done right. I'd rather Bioware find that passion and get cleaned up and really make this game great, because it can be done.

MMOs have ridiculous Lifespans. Everquest is still alive, WoW is still going strong after 12 years.

MadDutchman
06.25.2017 , 10:19 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravethorr View Post
After watching battlefront 2 gameplay with Rey and Darth Maul this game feels very outdated, i've always felt that this game could have been much better. I think its time EA pull the plug on this game and give us the Star Wars MMO we all deserve.
Hell no

We'd just get another shooter knock-off. I don't want to play that ****.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Jagaimee
06.25.2017 , 10:20 AM | #9
Dang it, why don't posts have a 'like' button?
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

DarthSpuds
06.25.2017 , 10:23 AM | #10

^ This.

There's nothing wrong with this game that can't be fixed with some smart decisions by the Dev team, a little time, and a bit of patience on the part of the players.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.