Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscription vs. Preferred vs. Free-to-Play

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Subscription vs. Preferred vs. Free-to-Play

TX_Angel
12.13.2015 , 11:11 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
What? You don't lose anything because you get it all back if and when you re-subscribe.
If you never resub, then you do in fact lose stuff...
Want 7 days of free sub? Want a box of free stuff? Want to say thank you to whatever I posted above? Click here to use my referral link.

ALaggyGrunt
12.14.2015 , 01:23 AM | #12
It's all lost by default. The game will end someday.

GalacticKegger
12.14.2015 , 09:10 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
you keep all characters, you just lose active acess to some of them. acess that can be reacquired with either purchased extra character slots and/or resubscribing.

nothing gets deleted. it kinda works similarly to escrow. not exactly the same but similar idea.
If I have previously purchased 5 extra account-wide character slots from the CM ... would I then have 11 character slots available to me as Preferred? (I read that the max for preferred is 16.)

Similarly, what happens to other account-wide unlocks I've already purchased from the Cartel Market like inventory slots, cargo hold tabs & character races?
Can we please just have our pre-KotFE SWTOR MMORPG back?

branmakmuffin
12.14.2015 , 09:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TX_Angel View Post
If you never resub, then you do in fact lose stuff...
No, it's always there, waiting for you (until, as someone noted, the game ends, but even subs lose their stuff when that happens).

Transparent trolling attempt. But if not trolling, m-w.com is your friend.

Jeweledleah
12.14.2015 , 12:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
If I have previously purchased 5 extra account-wide character slots from the CM ... would I then have 11 character slots available to me as Preferred? (I read that the max for preferred is 16.)

Similarly, what happens to other account-wide unlocks I've already purchased from the Cartel Market like inventory slots, cargo hold tabs & character races?
yes and you keep those. whatever you unlocked? you keep. similarly, for example you have a chiss agent. with preffered account, not only do you keep that chiss agent - but if that chiss agent is 50+ - you get chiss unlocked for your legacy and can create another chiss character.

the 16 character maximum is something that I'm seriously side eyeing. like... if you have originally available maximum of 10 extra slots unlocked, than yes you should have 16, but if you added more, for example through buying lvl 60 tokens? you should have those also available. but... I cannot yet test this theory as my time hasn't run out yet.

GalacticKegger
12.20.2015 , 03:17 PM | #16
What happens to our guilds? (We have one on each side.) I read that Preferred can only GM a free to play guild, but I have no idea what that entails. As the two players we gifted time cards to left to play something else this week, there's only two of us remaining now. Each guild bank has 5 packed tabs and around 5M in credits, so I don't want to lose them in case we come back.

[edit] It looks like the biggest changes will be having to pay for guild bank access as non-subscribers, and rank titles & permissions would reset to the default rank titles & permissions. The tabs and their contents would remain intact, though I couldn't find anything about what happens to the funds.
Can we please just have our pre-KotFE SWTOR MMORPG back?

Kaedusz
12.27.2015 , 03:44 PM | #17
Everything that is really worth saying is that if you are going to play a game with subscription, you should just subscribe and get it over with. I play such games either when subscribed or not at all.

Jeweledleah
12.27.2015 , 06:29 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
Everything that is really worth saying is that if you are going to play a game with subscription, you should just subscribe and get it over with. I play such games either when subscribed or not at all.
nope. games where subscription is optional rather then mandatory? are worth playing in whichever way the person playing them? prefers to play them.

in other words? your personal preferences are your own and no one else's so you don't get to tell other people how they should be playing.