Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Return of OP companions = cancelling subscription

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Return of OP companions = cancelling subscription

AsarAnchti's Avatar


AsarAnchti
11.21.2015 , 11:12 AM | #1
As I said in one thread, there are always two kinds of people after introducing new patch - those who whine about new changes and those who defend them. Untill now I belong to the defenders, but let me change this stance with upcoming Monday's patch.

First of all, for those who would want to scream "Elitist!", here's a copy of my post in Companion feedback thread:
Spoiler


Now, I understand that some people want a challenge and some want just interactive movie. However, I don't want to pay monthly sub for the second option. I believe every content is soloable (except OPs and FPs) in current state, just one needs to think during battle and have appropriate gear. Therefore, IF companions will become godlike again, I am cancelling my sub.

And what's the reason for this thread? Just to let BW know the same way as all the threads about cancelling subs if they don't make companions OP. And I am also interested if there are others thinking similarly to me.

EDIT: Seeing that this thread is still alive, I'd like to announce that I have found a perfect guild for my playstyle, thus this thread is invalid. Please, ignore it and let it die.

geschmonz's Avatar


geschmonz
11.21.2015 , 11:14 AM | #2
Just disable abilities on your companion if you feel they become too strong.

If you dont know how to do it, just ask in the forums.
Luke Skywalker: Ja, ne, is klar. Sie sind mein Vater.. und wer ist meine Mutter? Königin Amidala? Pah!

Garmon's Avatar


Garmon
11.21.2015 , 11:17 AM | #3
Here's an idea.. disable some of the companion skills you deem OP. That is way easier than making everyone play at your style..

You sound like my 5 year old complaining that everyone doesn't have the same things they do.

StarkHelsing's Avatar


StarkHelsing
11.21.2015 , 11:17 AM | #4
I don't understand where you got 'OP' from Eric's statement when he only said 'Buff'. What numbers are you looking at? An increase no matter how small is considered a 'Buff.' Are you saying a 5% increase in healing or, HP is considered - OP?

You may as well imply that coconuts also migrate.
'I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions.'
>>>Social Ability; Legacy Unlock <<<.
Why should Sith Purebloods get all the forceslap fun? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jcargan's Avatar


Jcargan
11.21.2015 , 11:18 AM | #5
I whole heartedly agree this game is not worth paying for if its easy and just simply for story content I can spend the same ammount of money on redbox or netflix and get 10 times the entertainment value for month if things taken back to way they where

Devrius's Avatar


Devrius
11.21.2015 , 11:20 AM | #6
Except that if you really wanted a challenge you could have created a self imposed one, we can't bring our companions back to pre 4.0.2...

Your problem has a solution that can be implemented by the players, ours did not, it's really not the same.

But if you feel having to change your play style to gain back what you lost is reason enough to leave I can understand that.

I could recommend GW2 and TERA as action based MMOs that can be challenging even in solo content, plenty of group content that is harder them hard as well, gl!

Theeko's Avatar


Theeko
11.21.2015 , 11:22 AM | #7
I'm going to cancel my sub cause we don't have Teemo in this game

Robocles's Avatar


Robocles
11.21.2015 , 11:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AsarAnchti View Post
As I said in one thread, there are always two kinds of people after introducing new patch - those who whine about new changes and those who defend them. Untill now I belong to the defenders, but let me change this stance with upcoming Monday's patch.

First of all, for those who would want to scream "Elitist!", here's a copy of my post in Companion feedback thread:
Spoiler


Now, I understand that some people want a challenge and some want just interactive movie. However, I don't want to pay monthly sub for the second option. I believe every content is soloable (except OPs and FPs) in current state, just one needs to think during battle and have appropriate gear. Therefore, IF companions will become godlike again, I am cancelling my sub.

And what's the reason for this thread? Just to let BW know the same way as all the threads about cancelling subs if they don't make companions OP. And I am also interested if there are others thinking similarly to me.
I get what you're saying. However, the fact is that a straight DPS character with no reliable self heals is screwed right now. The healing tics are just not big enough, and they seem to stay on cooldown even after they should... which I'm sure doesn't help either.

Of course, this is all moot if they don't fix the input lag that we have now... at least for me, it is unplayable.

Devrius's Avatar


Devrius
11.21.2015 , 11:23 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Theeko View Post
I'm going to cancel my sub cause we don't have Teemo in this game
Treek?

Jcargan's Avatar


Jcargan
11.21.2015 , 11:24 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Devrius View Post
Except that if you really wanted a challenge you could have crested a self imposed one, we can't bring our companions back to pre 4.0.2...

You problem has a solution that can be implemented by the players, ours did not, it's really not the same.

But if you feel having to change your play style is to gain back what you lost is reason enough to leave I can understand that.

I could recommend GW2 and TERA as action based MMOs that can be challenging even in solo content, plenty of group content that is harder them hard as well, gl!
NO you could not not enough to make it a challenge when you can take 6 elites unbuffed and not drop below 90% for more than 1 second as a dps character then clearly it was a problem