Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TOR vs WildStar

RiVaN_
03.25.2015 , 09:44 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Couldn't care less, other than to extent required to point it out. Because trollers gonna troll. Which is what posting "Game X is far better than game Y" in game Y's forums is.
Says the uber troll.
Nikolete, Scoundrel - Republic Flashfire
Drivan, Sentinel - Souls of Fate

Jedi Covenant

AshlaBoga
03.25.2015 , 11:18 PM | #242
I'd admit, I really like WildStar's Paths - Scientist and Explorer more than Soldier.

The Macrobinocular intro mission (the one on either DK or Coruscant respectively) was a step in the right direction.

If ToR was to copy anything from another MMO I would want it to be the Scientist or Explorer paths.

That being said, I hated how so many bonus missions in WildStar had timers.

Capture/kill 50 butteflies in 3 minutes!
Plant 10 seeds in 1 minute!

And even then, there was RNG on the leveling rewards.

But yeah, SWTOR would benefit from a Scientist-Explorer system being added, maybe something tied to a new Reputation using a Macrobinocular MGGS system.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

RiVaN_
03.26.2015 , 08:19 AM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I'd admit, I really like WildStar's Paths - Scientist and Explorer more than Soldier.

The Macrobinocular intro mission (the one on either DK or Coruscant respectively) was a step in the right direction.

If ToR was to copy anything from another MMO I would want it to be the Scientist or Explorer paths.

That being said, I hated how so many bonus missions in WildStar had timers.

Capture/kill 50 butteflies in 3 minutes!
Plant 10 seeds in 1 minute!

And even then, there was RNG on the leveling rewards.

But yeah, SWTOR would benefit from a Scientist-Explorer system being added, maybe something tied to a new Reputation using a Macrobinocular MGGS system.

The Paths are my favorite part, I like the explorer a lot, haven't tried scientist and soldier was OK. I maintain that if Wildstar changed a few things and tweaked others then it would be a great game. As is it is mediocre and that isn't going to change given what they have currently laid out for the future of the game.

Jedi Covenant

branmakmuffin
03.26.2015 , 08:24 AM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
Says the uber troll.
I see your definition of "trolling" is like that of so many "I disagree with you or you disagree with me."

RiVaN_
03.26.2015 , 10:08 AM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
I see your definition of "trolling" is like that of so many "I disagree with you or you disagree with me."

Dude, seriously, do you read the things you say? Do you realize how many posts you have made in the last month?
I looked at your statistics and you have posted on 20 pages worth of forum threads since late February. Each comment is a negative, angry, derogatory, mean spirited or down right nasty comment. You either bash an idea or opinion and call it stupid, bash a person and call them stupid or you are bashing the idea/opinion and the person calling both stupid.

Everyone of your posts are filled with toxic negativity. THAT is my definition of an uber troll, exactly what you are doing on every post you have made. So much negativity all built up at once isn't good for you dude. For your own sanity, you should take a break from stuff and just chill out for a while. Learn to look at the good and the bright side once in a while.

I'm sure that my above statement will be ignored or be seen as a jab at you in some way shape or form so your next comment will be equally as toxic as all the rest have been and my point will just fly right past you.

Basically I'm saying that even though I don't know you I still got your back and am suggesting that you take a break from whatever is pissing you off these days and just chill out and calm down before you give yourself a heart attack.

Jedi Covenant

WorldSmasher
03.29.2015 , 02:39 AM | #246
Dude, seriously, do you read the things you say? Do you realize how many posts you have made in the last month?
I looked at your statistics and you have posted on 20 pages worth of forum threads since late February. Each comment is a negative, angry, derogatory, mean spirited or down right nasty comment. You either bash an idea or opinion and call it stupid, bash a person and call them stupid or you are bashing the idea/opinion and the person calling both stupid.

Everyone of your posts are filled with toxic negativity. THAT is my definition of an uber troll, exactly what you are doing on every post you have made. So much negativity all built up at once isn't good for you dude. For your own sanity, you should take a break from stuff and just chill out for a while. Learn to look at the good and the bright side once in a while.

I'm sure that my above statement will be ignored or be seen as a jab at you in some way shape or form so your next comment will be equally as toxic as all the rest have been and my point will just fly right past you.

Basically I'm saying that even though I don't know you I still got your back and am suggesting that you take a break from whatever is pissing you off these days and just chill out and calm down before you give yourself a heart attack.
Perhaps he is Sith.....

mrvwbug
04.12.2015 , 05:28 AM | #247
Wildstar was just the latest in a long line of overhyped/underdelivered "WoW Killers", in fact it may have had the saddest launch of any of them. Heck, AOC was literally launched half finished and with a horribly clunky combat system and still managed to hold onto subs for longer (A shame too because graphically it is still one of the prettiest MMOs ever made).

STO has successfully lived off its cash shop for the last 2 years, almost nobody actually pays for a sub in STO, though the huge grind that they added with the Delta Rising expansion may finally drive the Trek die hards away (especially given how little grind and how great a leveling experience it had previously).

SWTOR does seem to have recovered decently from it's teething pains out the gate, it still has the best leveling experience of any theme park MMO and has a decent spread of content to suit everyone from casuals to hardcore raiders. They are doing better than many other MMOs and still manage to crank out content at a reasonable rate despite having a much smaller operating budget than Blizzard has.

EVE is not even really a comparison, EVE is a totally different game from every other MMO and currently has around 600k subs, which is the best sub numbers they have ever had. Also despite it's hardcore reputation it actually is a very friendly game for casual players ... provided you can adjust to concept that you create your own content.

branmakmuffin
04.13.2015 , 06:45 PM | #248
Your obsession with me is noted. Should I be flattered or alarmed?

bassfu
04.16.2015 , 09:15 PM | #249
Went back to give the free trial a go. Game still runs like complete *** so I'll be sticking to SWTOR and doubt I'll ever cast a glimpse towards W* again.

Jiminison
04.23.2015 , 05:36 PM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
I asked first.
I want his stuff...but he needs to bleach it first!