Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EQN dead, Wildstar dying...swtor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
EQN dead, Wildstar dying...swtor?

Toraak
04.21.2016 , 07:41 AM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by CKNORTH View Post
BW/EA only has to do one thing too make this game explode with people, in fact if they did this they would need the Ark to float in the waves of people wanting to play....

Get rid if WZ passes and open up WZ to unlimited access to F2P and Prefurred. It's the old saying if you can get them in the gate and keep them their, more likely people would be eager to spend money... If you want to attract the Bee's you need to offer a little honey...

And this game has by far the best queued PvP out their imo!
I saw your other post on this, and honestly it just wrong. if you give F2P full WZ access then PvP players in general would have no reason to sub, once they used ingame credits to unlock the bars and equipment they'd need. BW would lose subs because of this.

Not to mention this games PvP has always been a side mini game (just like GSF which is what I do most of the time). The main reason people join this game is because it's a SW MMO. PvP may be part of the reason, but they'll sub for more then just the PvP aspect.

The F2P model is perfect the way it is. People get to try the game, see if they like it, and sub so they get full access to it.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Isnogut
04.21.2016 , 02:31 PM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by CKNORTH View Post
BW/EA only has to do one thing too make this game explode with people, in fact if they did this they would need the Ark to float in the waves of people wanting to play....

Get rid if WZ passes and open up WZ to unlimited access to F2P and Prefurred. It's the old saying if you can get them in the gate and keep them their, more likely people would be eager to spend money... If you want to attract the Bee's you need to offer a little honey...

And this game has by far the best queued PvP out their imo!
...the what?! We do talk about the same game, do we?

BioWare does not show any big interest in fixing the PVP problem. SWTOR is the most PVP unpractical MMO I've ever played. The error lies in the entire game design. SWTOR is not fit for PVP and the support for this is almost nonexistential. Thatfore the entire PVP community is dying piece by piece out in here. Just look at the so called PVP servers. What is the real difference between those and the rest? At most 10% of the areas as FFA PVP suitable. That's no PVP at all! The same stuff you can get also in PVE servers if you activate your PVP mode. There is no PVP advantage and those servers do not acomodate natural PVP behavior.

Giving F2Players free entrance to the Warzones won't chage a thing! The PVP is dying with and without in here simply because it is not enough for PVPlayers just to queue in line for the next match. If they want to do ONLY this, they have a lot of other way better options out there beside SWTOR.

killjoycameron
12.15.2016 , 10:30 AM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
EQN was vaporware from the get go and Wildstar imploded on the launch pad.

SWTOR had a decent launch and despite the F2P conversion scramble has remained moderately profitable, its probably got another year or two in it at least.
Time is running out.

RiVaN_
12.15.2016 , 02:31 PM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by killjoycameron View Post
Time is running out.
Galactic Command has hastened the decline.
One must wonder if this was on purpose...
Nikolete, Scoundrel - Republic Flashfire
Drivan, Sentinel - Souls of Fate

Jedi Covenant

Aeristash
12.15.2016 , 05:07 PM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
No, it was pretty much vaporware, as is Star Citizen.

And for the OP, 2 crappy games going belly up is not an industry trend, or whatever.
Come back soon, Bran. This forum is that much lesser without your pragmatic preachings.

Wayshuba
12.16.2016 , 06:16 AM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by wcnighthawk View Post
If anyone thinks this game is going to die soon, I'd like to remind you we still have 2 more Star Wars movies to get through as well as the origin movies. I'm sure the hype from those movies will be enough to keep this game afloat until Episode 9 and beyond (provided the movies are good anyways).
The movies will do nothing for this game. Nothing at all. Gamers and movie buffs are two different audiences. In addition, EA does NO advertising for this game at all in those movies. So if you didn't know the game existed before the movie, you still don't after the movie.

We didn't see a spike in activity after Episode VIII appeared, why do you think we will see a spike now?
"Do or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

KismetBP - Spear of Destiny

SithKoriandr
12.16.2016 , 09:51 AM | #377
Looks like a necro'd thread. However, as someone who enjoyed Wildstar (the aesthetics are great, can't believe people don't care for the awesome cartoon look of it) the end game was heavy raid oriented.

It was terrible for RPers, even with it's pretty good housing system.

It was terrible for outfit collectors (lots of great ones hidden behind raids).

Once you hit max level, casuals were going to leave, as it just lacked anything for anyone who wasn't a hardcore raider. I was telling them that, before it went live.

Not to mention the bugs it had in the beginning for getting set for the raids. However, it comes down to not having been setup for the other play styles which would bring in the most players. Casuals.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry